TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
TinyRC Super Pro

hummer h2 Qs

Hey i was wondering if the hummer had good supension travel, and if it articulated (like a crawler), and can you me the major pros and cons. thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
No title

Same as the F-150. Has the design flaw with the front wheels were they toe in when the suspension is compressed which is made even worse with the off road kit. As far as using it as a crawler, you'll be able to climb smal (and I mean big chunks of gravel small) rocks with it, but that's it. You aren't going to be going over too much. Really, I think the Evo trucks are more of just a toy than a real rc 4x4 truck, not just because of the size but mostly because of the suspension issues.
4 gen1 Xmods, 2 Evo's, 1 Mini-Z, 1 ZipZap, a tank, & a 1:10thbuggy - I think I have an addiction!

Check out my RC page @
Old 02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
TinyRC Newbie

hmph. With my H2 running the lift kit, bearings, large body lift, super swampers on rigged rims, custom motor built for torque, and li-po's it'll climb just about anything. Even runs ok in the grass in my front yard. The suspension and steering are indeed lacking, but with some creativity you can make a nice little crawler out of it.

Even without the li-po's it was crawling nicely, but the li-po's gave it SOO much more power.

At any rate, like KingFuzz said, at stock, you won't be crawling over anything bigger than a small piece of gravel. Still, it's a fun toy. Definately a toy and not a hobby grade 4X4 though. You can still put alot into it and make it alot more than what it is. Stock they are still fun and will go places that the xmod cars will not. Carpet, rough parking lots, etc.

J.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:39 PM

there are a few modifications that you do not need to buy kit for. like raising the body, all you need is some stock gen 1 bushings and some long screws. also, what i did was place even longer screws where the a-arms go and some home made bushings andit is pretty high off the ground (higher then off road kit with body lift of two bushings). for suspension travel, all you need to do is cut off the tabs in the rear axle and file off the inside part of it, then the body will the only thing limiting, so thats were the bosy raising comes in. i do agrre the toe in issue is a real problem, but it does GREATLY affect off road capability. with a few mods, an xmod evo truck can make a worhty competitor in the mini off road world!!

some bads are very low stock clearance, slow stock motor, wheel whobble and toe in in the tie rod, but that is all fixed with alloy, as soon as it comes out! also, the battery life is really short with bigger tires like lego or swampers.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Mine, which i just got yesterday with the stage 2, rechargables, body kit, suspension and drop kit, lights, AWD, off road kit and custom slammed rims is awsome. currently, mine is dropped with custom slam rims, and suspension, and body kit (havent had time 4 the rest) is AMAZING!!!!