TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE > ZipZaps Monster Truck

Old 11-02-2004, 03:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to rfnagel Send a message via Yahoo to rfnagel
Pics of my ZipZaps Monster Patrol Monster Truck -:)

Just a few pics of my new Black Chevrolet Monster Patrol monster truck. Sorry for the extremely low quality, had to use a crap webcam (I loaned out my digital camera).

First pic is a collage of a bunch of views, as well as the truck doing what should be done with all them "fereign" cars... crushin' 'em LOL! -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607063_0.jpg

Second pic is a small collage of my Olive Drab "Daddy Thornberry Amputation" Military Jeep on a Monster Patrol chassis... I just KNEW that body would eventually be good for something LOL! - -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607063_607513_1.jpg

Last pic is simply a small avatar-sized animated GIF of the Monster Patrol as it appears in the drivers selection screen of Micro$oft's Monster Truck Madness 2. -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/monster_patrol.gif
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Funny ain't it? How ya originally thought the Monster Patrol's fat wing didn't look so good...But now that you have it (and compared to the other MTs) it's actually kind of sweet?

That Daddy Thornberry looks MEAN! Now I just might have to yank spongebob outta his boat and see what a Monster Boat looks like!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:08 AM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to Sdog
You know...I wasn't too impressed with the way that Monster Patrol shell looked in the package. But, now that i have seen it on the chassis, it looks pretty good.

Last edited by Sdog; 11-02-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sdog
You know...I wasn't too impressed with the way that Monster Patrol shell looked in the package. But, now that i have seen it on the chassis, it looks pretty good.
Quote:
Originally posted by Namuna
Funny ain't it? How ya originally thought the Monster Patrol's fat wing didn't look so good...But now that you have it (and compared to the other MTs) it's actually kind of sweet?
Agreed! - After I assembled the truck, I realized that the body looks awesome, wing and all -

Quote:
That Daddy Thornberry looks MEAN! Now I just might have to yank spongebob outta his boat and see what a Monster Boat looks like!
I was surprised at how cool the WT Jeep looked on the MT chassis. After the initial surgery amputating Daddy Thornberry from the Jeep (some folks may remember that ages ago, when I got the WT kit free with another Zap purchase), I thought it looked really neat, but still quite "cartoonish" atop a regular car chassis -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607513_1.jpg -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/607513_1_0.jpg -> http://www.cmoo.com/~snor/weeds/jeeps.jpg .

Man, on the MT chassis, it gives the Jeep a whole new look! - Hehe, I had previously given the WT ATV body to my nephew.... hmmmm.... painted bright red with a few Honda logo decals applied to it, sitting on top of the MT chassis, wonder how that one would look LOL?! -
Old 11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Hulk smash!

I Did the Steering travel mod (chopped off the excess) and put the red gear/motor on the Monster Patrol and now that thing is a ...MONSTER!

With the extra clearance and motor/gear setup, this thing doesn't just want to climb up on stuff...It wants to RUN over it!

Too cool.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sdog
Quote:
I Did the Steering travel mod (chopped off the excess) and put the red gear/motor on the Monster Patrol and now that thing is a ...MONSTER!

With the extra clearance and motor/gear setup, this thing doesn't just want to climb up on stuff...It wants to RUN over it!

Too cool.
Do you mean you shortened the pin on the bottom of the steering knuckles? I'm going to be getting my dremel out to do the same.

I've been going back and forth between the Red and the Yellow setup. Both seem to have enough torque to climb some pretty heavy duty obstacles. The yellow setup is much faster though. what made you decide to go with red?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Hulk smash!

Yes, I shortened the pin on the bottom of the steering knuckle...And all i used was a small wire cutters (did the job just fine, no need to pull out the dremel and make a mess).

I should've been clearer, My Hulk MT has the Orange and the Monster Patrol was left with red.

shortening the pin definitely makes a difference.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:28 PM

its comming...

i am going to get the bigfoot monster truck soon. but i might want to get the monster patrol!! but i dont really like the green wheels and gears. i am going to paint either one that i get, dont know what colors yet. do u have any ideas? also can u please check out my paintjob on my 350z? it should be in the ZipZaps fourms section and the mods section. and the wing does not look THAT good... oh well, mightn change my mind!

Keher

P.S. be happy!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Tiny RC Pro

Cool. It looks pretty good!

BTW Is this a direct copy from the RSC post or is the RSC post a direct copy of this? Huh?

I really need some cash for this and the MT SS with FS and AWD!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer9
BTW Is this a direct copy from the RSC post or is the RSC post a direct copy of this? Huh?
Either/and/or LOL! -
Old 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Tiny RC Pro

which one?

Do you think that if you copied the front drive to the rear as well and made the rear suspension like the front (Make it so it can't steer or have 4WS) that it would drive anybetter or just be plain cool? That would be sweet!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer9
which one?
All of the above LOL!

Many times I'll compose a message offline and then post it to several message boards, just to save myself a bunch of typing -

Quote:
Do you think that if you copied the front drive to the rear as well and made the rear suspension like the front (Make it so it can't steer or have 4WS) that it would drive anybetter or just be plain cool? That would be sweet!
I have no idea LOL. Quite honestly, I've done very few mods to all of my ZipZaps. About the only real "mod" that I've ever done is to convert some of my original Zaps controllers to use a power adapter instead of batteries.

That, and my "Daddy Thornberry Amputation", which can hardly be even considered a real "mod" in the first place LOL! -

Last edited by rfnagel; 11-05-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Tiny RC Pro

Does anyone know? I think rfnagel should try first! Then you will not only have the best looking MT but the best performing (As long as you don't screw up)
Old 11-18-2004, 08:12 PM

Just a couple 'o' cool and interesting looking pics, untill I get the higher quality images posted to my ZipZaps Stuff web page -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster_truck_pics.jpg (50.7 KB, 115 views)
Old 11-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Hulk smash!

Some really sweet shots there rfnagel!

If you don't mind a little tip...You can diffuse that harsh flash reflection (on your last picture) by putting something like a pringles (as in the potato chips) lid in front of the flash. Since the lid isn't completely opaque, it'll still let light through.