TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-29-2002, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bootylactin
Cripple Capacitor mod on 35mhz bit allows control of 27mhz bit!

I opened up the controller for my Blue Skyline GT-R (35mhz) and found the Cripple Capacitor installed. Following the instructions detailed on QFM and/or AusMicro, I removed it, with the intention of increasing my range. It worked. But it also did something else.

My buddy was racing his 27mhz NSX-R, and any time he came through the corner of the track where I was sitting, his car would perform funny. First he asked if anyone in the room was also running 27mhz, which no one was. Since he was getting interference in my corner, I had everyone else stop as I pointed my controller at his car and pressed accelerate. Unfortunately, his car took off, but then quickly died after it was a short distance from my controller. We tested the range, and interference happens ONLY when his car is within a foot and a half of my controller.

Has anyone else dealt with this, or can someone explain why I can control a car on a completely different frequency (albeit only when it's extremely close, but still)? I'm no electrical engineer, but this just doesn't make intuitive sense to me.

I completely thrashed the capacitor when I removed it, but now I'd like to put it back in since it's causing problems. Anybody know where these can be purchased? The one I removed has a 22 on it, if that matters.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 08-29-2002, 05:54 PM
BIT PIMP

I had the same thing happen with my cars 27mhz and 35mhz, but only like you said if they are really close. I have to touch my controller to the car to make it work, but it works. Also my cars are not modified.
The way these cars are designed, is to have at least 10mhz difference between each frequency to insure that your car's not going to interfer with your friends car while racing. there is only 8mhz difference in 27 and 35 and on top of that you removed the crip cap, which is installed partly for this reason.

This is my theory..

silla
Old 08-29-2002, 06:09 PM
BIT PIMP

And if my theory is correct, we can expect the soon to arrive 49mhz microsizer to interfer with the tomy 45mhz only being 4mhz difference. That sucks
Old 08-29-2002, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bootylactin
Wow, this does suck. And I was hoping to add a 40mhz UK model to round out a field of 6. Looks like 4 may be the limit.

:-(

Jon