TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-27-2002, 10:33 AM
TinyRC Newbie

cripple capacitor on fairlady 350

Anyone remove the cripple capacitor on there 350? Just want to confirm the location of it. I can't seem to see it on the controller and the circuit board on the car itself looks to be a little different then the on posted in the mod section of QFM.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

What exactly is a cripple capacitor?

I kno what a capacitor is but how does it "cripple"?
Old 11-27-2002, 11:54 PM
TinyRC Pro

I have been lurking on these boards for some time now, and I've seen all the posts about the cripple cap, but on my 350z I cannot find the thing on either my booster controller or on the car itself. Has anybody found the cripple cap on the 350Z or a booster controller? It seems to me it's a bit of a mystery...

Or am I missing something terribly obvious?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:37 AM
TinyRC Newbie

I can see something that is similar to the pic posted in the QFM mod section but not being an expert on cuircut boards and such I don't know for sure. One thing that is a little wierd is after playing with it for a couple of days now I've noticed that in some areas of my house there seems to be interference and it starts to stutter. Kind of weird because it's not like I have high power electronics in those areas.
Old 11-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Toy Collector

Quote:
Originally posted by Schr-eng
What exactly is a cripple capacitor?

I kno what a capacitor is but how does it "cripple"?
It's a capacitor that TOMY placed in either the controller or the car to shorten it's range. To as why TOMY did so is anyone's guess. It has been mentioned that they placed it there so when a lot of people are racing in one room, they would not interfere with the cars next to them in another track.

As for the FairladyZ, I believe no one has found the "cripple capacitor on any booster set yet. There are guesses, but no one dare mess with the Z chassis . But if I'm wrong, some one will answer your question.