TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Modder-Eater

Send a message via AIM to ZipRC
[HELP] Installing BC-G Motor in ZZ

Hi, yesterday I went to a hobby shop and picked up a BC-G 2.6 engine for my ZipZap after reading the ZipFAQ and the Compatability Lists.

a. I'm having a sufficient amount of trouble trying to install the lil bugger. I've been readjusting day in and day out, but it just isn't running. Maybe every 1 out of 20 tries it will go forward if I push it, but as soon as I let go of the forward joystick it dies out. Any ideas?
Old 11-18-2002, 09:10 PM
ZipZap Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to marc515192
The issue is that the zips do not provide enough amps to the bit motors.

Couple of suggestions: All are at your own risk

1)search the message board for PCB Mods
2)buy a cheap clone with the same freq as your zip and swap the pcb's (check that it works with zip controller first)
3) Go get a microsizer.

The PCB swap is my favorite worked great for me.

Hope this helps.

M/S Mitsubishi EVO Lancer w/modified clone motor
M/S Nissan Skyline
M/S Honda S2000
Old 11-18-2002, 10:09 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pt trucker
or, do a dual battery mod you can find plenty of threads explaining how to do this.....
Old 11-19-2002, 01:32 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to stevensmd3
i am runnin a 3.8 Bc-g motor in my zz and it works great! all i had to do to get it runnin was the no reverse mod.I suggest to just do the no reverse mod

type 3 suspenion
blue gears
hard ribbed tires
Old 11-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

hmm i can buy a 20$ car that has a crappy made chassis with stripped out axle holders that i have to disable reverse to obtain faster speeds or i can spend 14$ on a stock bullet clone with almost identical steering and battery life with a more detailed body that will take any motor.

zipzaps are a waste of time if you want it to be fast. why waste all those hours on a 20$ toy that will break eventually anyhow?
Old 11-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Modder-Eater

i like to waste time with zipzaps cuz its better than just watching a clone drive in circles. it keeps me busy. i like breaking stuff and fixing it. except when i cant fix it. which is a crapper. anyways, thanks all of u, I most likely plan to switch the PCBs. OogA!
Old 11-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Modder-Eater

i like to go backwards! the reason im not doin no reverse is cuz i usually drive my ZZ on tables and stuff. its hard to get around a cup and an edge of a table without goin in reverse! but then again, with a strong enough motor you can probably just crash through.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

hmm my clone drives as good if not better than my zipzap did and its a lot lot lot lot faster. i can go in reverse faster than my zipzap could go fwd. the only good thing about zipzaps are the rear axle/gear combos. the green gear is nice.

as far as running on my desk, right out of the box my clone can run over stuff that the zipzap would just stop when it hit it. with the torquey green axle it is just sick. it spins tires on carpet. did i mention wheelies?