TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
continued off topic

i understand and appreciate the value of quality tools as well but in all honesty, they don't cost that much. pn for example offers high quality tools for mini-z and larger scales that are more affordable. atomic makes a trick wheel nut driver with a screwdriver/hex head reversible bit that i use every single day i race. it's both affordable and highly functional. a quality tool doesn't need to cost a fortune. you should look into carrying that atomic mini-z tool Qon, it's worth it.

fyi, at some point i will simply split these tool posts out to a tool topic post. i don't want to loose continuity right now with the current conversations.

i don't need the ferrari of screwdrivers when a mercedes will do just fine is my point. i've done very well for MANY years with the crazy cheap xmods tool set infact. that was the best for value tool set i've ever seen. not the highest quality obviously but it worked well, came with a full compliment of tools and was dirt cheap. when you torqued a shaft in the plastic handle you could just as easily replace it.

Last edited by arch2b; 01-26-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Do we already know what size (in mm i guess) the K screw driver is ?? I'm sure wiha will have it in that size for about 5 bucks!

To stay on topic how would you guys compare the Motul Z's on track performance to the out of the box king of the hill Mazda 787??
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
i think the answer to that is really driver preference. prefer the mazda but its just fun to drive with the Z. it has a problem with under/oversteer that we haven't been able to quite resolve with other settings so... the mazda is still king @ the moment imo
Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i'm sure some of the kyosho documentation contains tool sizes, or various shop listings.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoTrax View Post
i think the answer to that is really driver preference. prefer the mazda but its just fun to drive with the Z. it has a problem with under/oversteer that we haven't been able to quite resolve with other settings so... the mazda is still king @ the moment imo
Got it thanks!...just that Z looks extra good looking overall, any chance of posting video of a running Motul Z on your track, there's none at the moment I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i'm sure some of the kyosho documentation contains tool sizes, or various shop listings.
I haven't come across it but haven't done a macho search either. I've noticed a lot of manufacturers try not to publish that info so people will not look for them in other brands. I wonder if there's any printed documentation with the tool mentioning tip size?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 AM

Hey Q'on,

How did you do the lights on the Z? Do you sell the parts to do this? Looks awesome.

T-Prime
Old 01-30-2010, 10:27 AM

i sell the light kits... and i'll install one of the sets (3 come in the kit) if you purchase an auto scale with your order (for a small fee), just let me know which you want installed. they're not hard to install if you want to DIY, just takes some superglue and aluminum foil ... i'll have the Motul Autech Z back in stock in about 2 weeks, FYI
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Just posted this same question in someone elses post.

My Z makes a high pitch chirping noise when you hit the throttle. It's kind of annoying. The lambo I have chirps a little, but it is so faint you can barely hear it if you try to listen for it. Is this normal? Anyone having the same issue?

It's done it since my very first run. I thought it was normal until I ran my Lambo...
Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 PM

its normal... check the owner's manual, it breaks down the reason for the sound