TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
HT Mooresville, NC now with 100% more track!

Thats right kiddies, we finally got our track! Just unloaded it off the truck:

We have also decided to start taking phone orders and mailing cars. Shipping is fixed at $12, call and ask for Brent or Mark.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Also, sorry I have been absent from the boards... interest waned with all the talk of this not happening and being strung along. Anyway, we have the track now and will start to work out the details. There are a few topics in our section that have unanswered questions, I'll try to get them all here.

At first, it'll probably be a run-whatcha-brung type of event. If interest is high enough and we get a bunch of people wanting to run box-stock, we'll add a second class.

I think we will TRY to have two nights of racing a week. Give us some time to figure out when this will be and what changes we need to make to our hours/schedule/etc...

We are hoping to have the track available to use 6 days a week. Wednesdays we receive shipments and need the space to unpack/label incoming product, so we are expecting to break down the track on this day only. If that proves to be too much work, it may just stay up for use 7 days a week. Also, we may be relocating the store in Sept. and will have a permanent spot for the track at the new location.

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but I must tend to the store now! I'll be back later for more Q & A.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:58 PM

AWESOME!!! I just read your post on Carolina's R/C and had to jump over here to Tiny RC to see if there was any more info...Be sure to post up once everything is up and running! Can't wait to stop by and try this little thing out on the track...
Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Yeah, we're going to try and get it put together tomorrow night after we finish up with shipments. We should definitely have it ready to play on Thursday evening. I'm glad Kyosho finally came through. I'll admit, we had all kind of lost interest and just assumed this was never going to happen.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Good news Mark, hope to come check it out this week!

Pedro
Old 07-08-2009, 04:49 PM

We got the track up pretty quickly today:

Come on in and play! We don't have the lap counting system set up just yet (boss has to bring in a PC from home) but it should be soon.

I think we need a bigger store, haha. Its tight back there.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Tight but at least its up. Look forward to trying it out Friday, racing the BIG MiniZs out at HSH Thursday. Did you get more cars and parts in? Will you still have a rental(s) available?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
Tight but at least its up. Look forward to trying it out Friday, racing the BIG MiniZs out at HSH Thursday. Did you get more cars and parts in? Will you still have a rental(s) available?
I think so but I will have to double-check with Brent.

Anyone is free to try out our store demo unit, the white Impreza STI (though it isn't running perfectly)... I think it is in the radio. At nearly full-left input, the steering wants to straighten back up. I checked out the front of the car tonight and tried reducing the EPA, but it still does it, so I think its in the pots on the radio. I'm going to open up another starter pack and see what it does with a different radio.

I think I'm going to buy one for myself. Either the Porsche 962 or Mazda 787b.

Pedro, I won't see you in the store on Friday, but bring in a Mini Z if you want. Brent is thinking about picking up a few of them as well, and wondering if they'll feel to big for the track. I think they are. Might be okay stock, but modified they're just too fast. Anyway, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow AM and getting back Sunday. My next day in the store is Tues.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:00 AM

Some have complained of steering issues with DNaNos on another thread, maybe the problem with the store demo car is related...

I can bring a Z in but it will be a bit large for the track. Even geared down it might knock the side walls down and easily jump the dividers. Worth a try and it would be great if you carried some Mini Zs and parts. It would be even better if you had room for some RCP.

I think the Mazda is a good choice, though the 962 might have a bit more stability.

Do you have the timing system up and running?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:14 AM

completely reset your transmitter and then re-pair it with the car. Your steering problems should magically disappear. The Perfex Kt-18 is far from perfex and needs to be reset on occasion. Other than that, check that each front wheel rotates freely and that no carpet hair is in the front axle.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 PM

Hope to go his weekend and try out the track, will anyone on the forum be running on the track this weekend?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 PM

I was thinking of maybe going - anybody else - Saturday or Sunday???
Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 AM

I might go Sunday after lunch. I don't have a car yet but might try out the store car, or help to fix it anyway. Might stop by today since its just down the road to see what's up, hopefully they will get the timing system hooked up. Mark, who is out of town, seems to be the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the program among the sales people. There might not be a timing system till he returns.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Stopped by the store today and ran around a little bit...I can see this becoming very addictive! To bad I live an hour away - If I were closer I would be running the dNaNo all the time!

I was lucky enough to get my car registered by the on-line software run by the store today, so now I can get into my own garage on www.racednano.com and view everything that is available to view - it is all pretty cool!

I don't know what is up with the fastest lap times though - There is NO WAY anybody is getting around 3P Infield Circuit in 0.80...That's just crazy - there needs to be someway to correct this so that only actual lap times are posted...Hopefully this will get corrected as everything gets up to speed???

I was running my car box stock w/ the exception of a carbon suspension plate - because my stock one was broken in half when I took mine out of the box??? The 3 panel layout in the store is a good size for the stock motor, I don't think that more speed would be any more beneficial on a track this size.

I'm not sure what tires my car has on it because they were changed when it was sent in for replacement and even though I asked for them to let me know what they were they never told me...But I know that they are all around harder than what was originally on it - I could tell that just from driving it around on my kitchen floor before I sent it in and after I got it back.

Seems like to me my car may need a slightly softer tire up front to give it a little bit more steering, but other than that seemed pretty good. The rear end would hop a little bit in the turns when off of the throttle - maybe would be better if I could find a stock rear suspension plate to put back on it...

I ran for over 100 laps on one charge of the battery and didn't notice any carpet fuzz or other debris from the track building up on the car, only a very little bit of super fine dust up on the underneath splitter of the body - that's it...

I hope to stop by again tomorrow and run some laps after purchasing some softer tires for the front if they have any in stock...

Thanks Hobbytown guys! I hope that more people get into these and that they really start to take off!

Nice to meet you Pedro! Hopefully we can get together some time soon and race!

Last edited by jdob; 07-12-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:52 PM

It was good to meet you too jdob, hope you can make it out to race. Thanks for letting me try out your car, it felt pretty nice, a bit better than the store demo Subaru. The track is pretty free running, it won't take much motor to get around this small track quickly. Both cars did have a bit of chatter in the corners, a damper plate would help I think.
Once people start seeing the cars run around I think it will get a decent following. I hope to get one soon.