TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 AM

dNaNo's at the store?

Hey everyone - I just came across this forum. I was curious what was going on in the Mooresville store for dNaNo's - are you selling the cars and parts, any track setup, racing, practice, etc.

This looks like a good time and I'd like to check it out. It's about an hour drive for me though so I wanted to be sure there was something there to see before making the trip.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM

I have been to the store, they have 8-9 cars and parts in stock but the track hasn't arrived yet. They told me a week or two about a week ago. An employee posts on the forum, Faded92Mx5 is his user name I think. High Speed Hobbies out in Landis, just north of Kannapolis, has Mini Z racing on Thursdayand a great stock of parts (no dNaNos though) if you are in to the bigger cars too.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM

I was there two Saturday's ago to pick up some Carbon Rear Suspension Plates, and some extra screws - they are all so tiny - I'm sure I am going to be loosing them left and right...I heard the same on the arrival of the track - a week or two about a week ago - They said that they would post up on the forum when the track was ready to go!

They have a demo car that they will let you drive around inside the store so that you can check it out - the guys all seemed very cool - I look forward to running my dNaNo as soon as they get their track going!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 PM

I decided to take the drive up and came home with a Porsche 962 Good group of people up there, I'm looking forward to some racing!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
This is cool. Looks like we have a group of 3 or 4 guys counting myself that can run at HTUSA in Mooresville. Look forward to seeing you guys this summer.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:56 AM

I expect it will be pretty popular once they get the track in the store and people can see the racing going on. Especially in "Race City"
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 AM

I know myself and maybe a couple of other Mini Z racers will come out to try some dNanos. I know one of the guys has a car already.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
I know myself and maybe a couple of other Mini Z racers will come out to try some dNanos. I know one of the guys has a car already.
I might bring my dNaNo over to High Speed Hobbies one night to try it on the RCP, and maybe entice a few Mini-Z guys to try it too
Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM

w/ x speed, gyro, tires, i hear, you will give them a run 4 their money
dNano - Corvette (04/10).
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM

We race Thursdays 7pm -9pm, track is open for practice beforehand, it would be cool if you brought one out. We run stock and mod this week.

Pedro
Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM

It was good meeting you yesterday Pedro

The dNaNo was a lot of fun on that track, but it sure felt slow with that much lane width and all the tricked out Mini-Zs zooming by me. It proved to be durable though, I got smacked by a few Zs at full tilt without even any body damage.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 AM

How did dNano compare with the stock Mini Z's?
dNano - Corvette (04/10).
Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Hard to say, there were no "stock" minis out there I think the closest to stock was one with an x-speed motor and stock fets. It was considerably faster on the straights than my box-stock dNaNo, although through the twisty sections I was able to keep close to pace.

We clocked some laps with a stopwatch, not exactly the most accurate method but to get an idea. The best lap I turned was a 9.3 and I think the fastest laptimes for mods on that layout is around 6.5 seconds.

Stock, the dNaNo feels good on a mini96 track, 2 tiles wide in the turns and maybe 3 wide on the straights with the expansion pack. On the fullsize RCP with 50cm tiles 3 wide in the straights and 2 wide on the turns the car felt really small and slow. There was only a small amount of hop from the seams in the tiles, but I think if you were to get the dNaNo up to speed with some mods it might be a bigger problem.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM

Great to meet you Chris, glad you came out. I enjoyed running your dNaNo for a few laps, it did seem a bit out of scale to the track. On a smaller circuit it would be just as much fun as the Z's. Hope one of our local HTs gets their track soon, l'd like to do some bashing...
I think Rodney ended up with a 6.2 with his mod car and I ran a 6.6 with my stock car. Hope you and your buddies can join us over at High Speed again.

Pedro
Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM

Hey Mooresville Hobbytown Guys - Any updates on the arrival and set-up of the Kyosho dNaNo Track?

What bodystyle cars do you guys still have left in stock?

Any word on when the Kyosho Bearings for the dNaNo will be available?

Let us know - Thanks!