TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-12-2002, 10:48 PM

Well,

Tight lipped: You STILL won't tell me the mah's of your pack.

I didn't mention you or a pic of your pack because I don't want to piss off the moderator of the site for mentioning another site. BUT you should feel free to post a link in that thread, it is YOUR SITE you would be supplying a link to.

Tell you what I WILL do, I am going to post a modified version of that thread as an article on Tiny RC's site, I'll mention you, put in a link to your site and a pic of your pack.

Is that good for you?
Old 09-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Micro RC Innovator

[quote]Originally posted by gertman

Neither can compare to a stock Mini Z. The only known way to increase speed is to get a lighter body.
[/QUOte

cant a 4 cell spec2 beat a stock mini-z?
Old 09-23-2002, 04:43 PM

Yes, you got me, since I made that statement along time ago, we have since found ways to increase the speed of an Epoch by adding more cells.

Sorry, I do not have a stock mini-Z to compare to my 4-cell, BUt I have a feeling it would be very close.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:49 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Gertman, excellent "how to" article! Please answer a couple of questions before I get started with constructing a 4-cell pack.
Quote:
The 4th battery in the picture had a tab already spot-welded...
The batteries I'm working with don't come with a tab. It's unlikely I'm going to find that same material (it's unusually "bendable") in my local hardware store. Any ideas on what it is, e.g. tin? or where to get some?

Also, the stock battery pack in encased in shrink-wrap. However, in your article you didn't replace the shrink-wrap to cover the 4th cell. Is that because the heat necessary to shrink the wrapping will damage the battery?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:52 PM

You can use small guage wire or a piece of tin.

I did not re-shrink wrap the 4th cell because I didn't have any.

Old 06-06-2003, 04:52 AM
pixelator

Quote:
Originally posted by gertman

Sorry, I do not have a stock mini-Z to compare to my 4-cell, BUt I have a feeling it would be very close.
I pitted my X-Speed Overland (slightly slower than a Mini-Z Racer with same motor) against my recently-acquired 4-batt Epoch tonight. It was indeed quite close, but the Overland was very slightly quicker both in top end and off the line. The Overland doesn't have any other speed related upgrades (not even bearings) and was using the stock pinion gear.

I also have a racer with external Eagle turbo and S-03 with 12T pinion, bearings and other tweaks. It's quite a bit faster than either the Overland or the Epoch, obviously.

I am however quite impressed with the little Epoch overall with the 4 batt mod. Nimble, a little prone to losing traction but pretty quick for the size. I wish Epoch had taken the same tweak-it approach that Kyosho took with the Mini-Z. Sadly, the limited parts and access to same makes it less attractive to people who want to get the most out of their micro.

bill
Old 03-16-2009, 04:12 PM

Does anyone still sell the Epoch new?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:42 PM

I only know of one place and that's right HERE at TinyRC's shop. But he only has a limitted supply of stuff left.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Administrator

We've actually got a bunch more stuff than what's listed, so if you don't see what you need, just open a Support Ticket - thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRaja View Post
Does anyone still sell the Epoch new?
I have some cars available, only 1 is brand new in box. the rest BNIB's have sold already here is the link: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23962
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM

Question Helloooooooo

Just thought I would kick the dust off in here!

I guess most of the 1/43 guys switched over to Dnano's when they came out and I have one on the way, BUT I still have 3 Epochs that I dug out of the closet. I have been running them on my 3 lane routed 1/43 scale slot car track and enjoying them quite a bit. I am guessing some new batteries would help immensely, but what I am wondering right now is where to get replacement springs for the front suspension!?
Old 12-17-2018, 08:53 PM

Epoch tuner wanted

Looking for someone to replace batts. or 4 cell mod on two spec 2 cars, can supply batts. if needed. I'm to old work on Tiny stuff any more, Ha Ha Thanks Rich.