TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > Kyosho dNaNo > Kyosho dNaNo

Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM

Official dNano and tracks coming soon...

...to a HobbyTown USA near you. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

I spoke to a somebody this weekend that HTUSA nailed the exclusive rights for dNano distribution in the USA and they will be getting dNano tracks as well. This person was not a dNanophile so I asked specifically if it was RCP or something else. The answer was it was a dedicated track for dNano like a slot car track. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking we'll see tracks like these soon.

If so, it means we will also be able to compete worldwide with other dNano users utilizing the dNano circuit license and their MyLapOnline program.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM

Great "news" I hope it's true, I would love to be able to race for real with the My Lap Online system. The only thing that bums me out about an exclusive license for Hobby Town is that this creates a problem for people like Dave and Busters or others from recreating the Kyosho Bar + Track theme that the Kyosho Shops have... I know this hobby is filled with various age ranges but I would love to go somewhere, grab a few beers and run my 917k!

-j
Old 09-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Hey there, doesn't drinking and driving count for small scale too?

That is good news, but strange. Cause most of the Hobby Town's I've been to dont' supply Kyosho goods, ESPECIALLY the Mini-Z Dnano series! The ONLY HTUSA I've found to carry Z's is the one in Melborne Florida.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 AM

The rumors are true(I think)?

My local Hobby town will be getting a track in November or so, they will be selling Dnanos as well. The track the manager showed be online appeared to be very small. RCP like kind of. Personally I think at the very least they should get a Mini-96.

Jay
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM

I enjoy my Dnano's on my 96, it's plenty. However, as much room as these tiny cars take, and they do take a lot of room being so fast, they should get the expansion pack as well, that way they can race either Dnano's or Z's.
My local Hobby Town's in Colorado suck. Their only good for building plastic model kit's and gaming. Hardly any RC products at all. We had one great RC hobby shop but it closed do to bad ownership. They had a nice supply of Z stuff and probably would've gotten the Dnano's if theyd still been around.
I'm very excited about the new bodies coming out, especially the Countach. If anybody is interested, I have a very nice die-cast Countach in 1/43 scale I can take pictures of. I can take a picture of it right next to my Murcielago to give you an idea of how it should look in this small scale.
Does anybody else have the ball differential upgrade? I'm anxious to get one.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Does anybody else have the ball differential upgrade? I'm anxious to get one.
I have ball diffs in all three of my d's. I set each up with a different level of tightness. The tuning tools that come with them are nice. A very complete setup. Also in typical Kyosho fashion they come with spare parts. Highly recommended.

-J
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM

Thank's, would you mind posting pic's of your chassis with the diff? I'm curious as to how it look's. You have three of theme now? WOW! Hope they all work perfectly as mine don't. I mentioned before the issues I'm having with mine and I don't know what to do. I'm wondering if it's the motor that is failing. Anyway, sorry to go off there, but if you could post pics of yours that would be great.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Thank's, would you mind posting pic's of your chassis with the diff? I'm curious as to how it look's. You have three of theme now? WOW! Hope they all work perfectly as mine don't. I mentioned before the issues I'm having with mine and I don't know what to do. I'm wondering if it's the motor that is failing. Anyway, sorry to go off there, but if you could post pics of yours that would be great.
I'll try to post some pics tonight. Let's resume this conversation in my ball diff thread...

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23865
Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Hey fraz,

You get the 901 yet?

Nearest HTUSA to me is about an hour and a half away.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 PM
BIT PIMP

I have quite a few HTUSA arond here. Maybe one of them will pick this up. Would love to get some dnano stuff local.

silla
Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 PM

I was at the United Toy and Hobby convention yesterday, and had a long talk with the HTUSA and Kyosho people who were conveniently set up next to each other.

The HTUSA people do have the exclusive distribution, that is correct. They will start selling the Dnano sometime in mid november. The cars are very impressive if you haven't seen them run. They are fast, look cool and will have many hop-ups. The price is going to be about $130 for just the cars, and another $130 for the starter pack including the battery, controller, etc. Yep, your looking at $250 for a 4" car, but seriously after seeing them run, I might be willing to take the jump.

All of the cars have a built in transponder, and you will be able to race each week, twice a week, on a preset track configuration that will be run all over the US. So essentially, you will be running your times against racers from all over the US. According to the Kyosho guys, they plan on pushing the heck out of it with a monthly magazine, and the ability to get your lap times and other car stats online at any time, really making it a national competition. There will also be run-offs, series, etc.

Now for the not-so-good news. The tracks you are seeing in the Kyosho concept stores and online are NOT the tracks you will be racing on. The actual tracks in the stores will be something close to 3' x 8'. They will have movable barriers that are the same as all of the other tracks in the US, so they can set up the exact same track as everyone else with ease. The track looks NOTHING like what you are seeing in the Kyosho stores. Its is wayyy SMALLER.

It's an amazing concept, but the problem, with getting HTUSA involved is that unless it takes off immediately, they will drop it like a hot potato and those of us who bought the equipment expecting to race every week will be left out in the cold. They need to open it up to private hobby shops as well, as they are the bread and butter of our sport.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM

Yea, I don't go to HobbyTown USA at all. The only really good Hobby Town that I've seen that even is interested in Kyosho Mini-Z's is the shop in Melborne Florida. I suspect they will definetly have the Dnano's there.
I think one of the biggest issues with these cars is their price tag's. I dont' see where your getting the $130 unless that's a special price once they are finally released here in the USA. Currently we are paying 250 per car ALONE!
That's alot of money for most of us!
As for hop-up's, it's already got plenty from Kyosho. Ball bearings, gyro, springs, aluminum steering plates and rear hubs, carbon-fiber H-plates, and now ball-differential upgrades.
We need to see companies like Atomic and PN step up and start designing some way cool aluminum bit's and disc-dampers, camber'ed knuckles, et'c for these babies!
Another cool upgrade I'd like to see would be some sort of a light kit so we can race'em in the dark!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 AM

The price I got came from Kyosho themselves. You are paying so much for cars because A) they haven't been released here, so the people who can get them sell them at a premium and B)Most the Dnanos that you see for sale here come through purchasing agents or have middle men involved to get them here. That isn't free.

Kyosho will be able to import them directly. The price on the cars will be between $130 and $150, with the starter set (remote, batteries) costing about the same. New bodies will be between $19 and $29. The prices will be considerably less than your paying now.

You will see light kits immediately after release. Also, the other companies will step up once there is a formal release in the US. They're not going to go through the R&D and production for a product that never officially gets released. I would be willing to bet that you'll see items from them within WEEKS of the US Dnano release.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM

I can't wait! I'm glad I've got the Dnano I have now despite it's stalling issues. But look's like I'll be selling more things when these cars are officially in the USA. I'd be very excited to see what Atomic and PN come up with for hop-up's. It would be cool to see a Dnano with full aluminum upgrades in various colors. One upgrade I'd like to see made is an aluminum battery cover with vents, heat sink if you will. Sure aluminum by nature is a heat sink, but the vents would make it look trick I think. Plus, the point where the battery clip hinges I think is some what of a weak point. Particularly the two tiny strips of plastic used to keep the wires tugged in are very weak and would be better in aluminum. I also want to see more aluminum wheels in various styles as so far all we've got are the AVM's, still dont' have my set yet.
The light kit's would really be awesome! I'm still dying for an AWD version for table-top drifting! How cool would that be?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post
Hey fraz,

You get the 901 yet?
Sorry, been away for a bit. 901? My Asus laptop? Yeah I got that and it's sick GOt 2GB RAM, aftermarket 64GB SSD, and two 16GB SDHCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post
Nearest HTUSA to me is about an hour and a half away.
Nearest to me is at least an hour too.