TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-26-2007, 10:38 PM

need help w/ lipo on stock electronics (micro-t)

i installed a thunder power lipo battery with 350 mah with 18c cont/ 26c burst (6.3a cont/9a burst) hoping to get extra runtime and speed on a modified micro-t chassis but motor stalls after 10-15 second of running, steering servo is working but the motor is not. I tried disconnecting and connecting the battery and motor starts running again for the same period of time and stalls again. does it have something to do with the motor getting hot or my battery/esc are not compatible? btw, i'm still using the stock motor and reciever/esc combo. this is getting frustrating coz nothing is fried i believe. your advice will be appreciated. thanks alot
Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Similar problem

I also have a similar problem with the OFFICIAL Losi LiPo. The ESC runs for anywhere between 2 to 20 secs, and then stops COMPLETELY, no servo or anything. The power switch doesn't bring it back to life, but somehow unplugging then replugging the battery does...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:44 PM

had the same prob with losi lipo and charger. voltage check of the batt after the power loss showed like 3.8v or so. half the correct voltage = 1 bad cell. new pack fixed it right up!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM

I had this same problem with the stock motor and losi lipo. Eventually, my stock motor quit working all together. I replaced the motor with an Atomic BB motor, and the problem has not come back. Also, the motor is a lot cooler during runtime. A friend of mine was having the same problem tonight with the stock motor / lipo combo. After the electronics cooled down, he plugged it back up and it started up again.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Wel the stock esc's arent the best wen using lipos cuz they put out 2 much power for the stockr and the reason ur motor is shuttin off is because off it getting to hot, and i wudnt keep unplugin it then plugin it bak in cuz i did that and my esc literally caught on fire cuz it ovrheatd, so the best option is to go bl, i did and it helps alot!!!!!

Here is a link to a site that a friend of mine started and we are tryin to get ppl to join so here's a link-http://rcaddicts.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM

The reason this happens is that the lipo has a built in voltage cutoof switch, and cuts the throttle out when the voltage of the battery drops below a certain point. The battery under harsh conditions (mahsin the throttle) will temorarily drop below the voltage level, and before it has time to go back to normal, the cutoff takes effect. You can remove the cuttoff switch. heres a link! http://micromodz.all-up.com/how-to-s...moval-t132.htm
Also, overheating may be from overgearing, and a tight tranny.

Wheelies are fun, but bad! You can't go anywhere if you can't go in the direction you need to get there!

Losi Micro-t (x2) (funner)
Losi XXX-t (Basher)
Xray M18t (racer)
Tamiya Falcon (Workspace hog)
Old Delta 1/12th chassie (Takes up dust)

Heres a link to all of my Videos!!!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rcdude2000
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM

hey im very new into the world of micros and i have recently bought a micro t, i would really like to improve the run times and speed of it. i was thinking of getting a losi li po battery and an atomic bb engine. Will i have to also get a new esc???