TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 02-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u
all carbon fiber a miniz motor 6 cells and front wheel drive will murder a miniz
Um...if you put a mini-z motor in an xmod, it isnt an xmod anymore. Just like if you put a porsche engine in a honda...its not a honda anymore. Yea its a honda body and interior, but whats important is the engine. You people and your carbon fiber...LOLOL...you people are hilarious, thinking that losing .003 grams is gonna mean anything! LOLOL.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Got Mini-z?

Send a message via AIM to Silent_NightR34
Quote:
Originally posted by RedRSX
Um...if you put a mini-z motor in an xmod, it isnt an xmod anymore. Just like if you put a porsche engine in a honda...its not a honda anymore. Yea its a honda body and interior, but whats important is the engine. You people and your carbon fiber...LOLOL...you people are hilarious, thinking that losing .003 grams is gonna mean anything! LOLOL.
lol.....no comment on that one...

"Just like if you put a porsche engine in a honda...its not a honda anymore. Yea its a honda body and interior, but whats important is the engine."

that one really got me... ...ok...so lets say you take an h22 engine and put it into a 98 civic HB or even a b18c5 engine...i guess its not a civic anymore right??....actually the real important thing is mostly the chassi...(sombody correct me if they want but im pretty sure its not the engine) and you are also saying that about 10-15% of civics are not really civics... those 10-15% are civics with engine swaps and stuff like that...ah! what if you buy a b18 crate engine and put it in a teg? and one more question....what would the car be called?........................................... ..................................

Last edited by Silent_NightR34; 02-07-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So by that logic, if I wind a 130 armature and stick it in a BB can what is it? The fact that its a 130 can doesn't make it a MiniZ nor an Xmod does it?

There is more to a car than its motor.

Chyrsler, Dodge, and Mitsubishi often share motors from the factory. When was the last time a Seabring has been mistaken for a 3000GT?

Your logic is flawed.

Weight isn't the only benefit from CF, the fact that its far more ridgid than plastic helps more than you'd like to realize.

Last edited by SuPrBuGmAn; 02-07-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Got 4.2 King? I do : )

if you think about it, if the chassie is the most important thing, then when you swap out the chassie for somehting custom fabricated your not really driving an xmod, it doesnt have a name but oly thing it shares from an xmod when its finished is some what of the same layout and maybe the body
1.5 degree toe in
hard slicks
Top Speed stage 2 motor
full bearings
AWD
6 spoke wheel upgrade
energizer rechargeables
6 Cell Upgrade
Old 02-07-2004, 05:18 PM

Anyone need a shorted red Supra with all stock parts?

post your email address

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Got Mini-z?

Send a message via AIM to Silent_NightR34
Quote:
Originally posted by Micro S2000
if you think about it, if the chassie is the most important thing, then when you swap out the chassie for somehting custom fabricated your not really driving an xmod, it doesnt have a name but oly thing it shares from an xmod when its finished is some what of the same layout and maybe the body
ok now that makes sense...the only things that i think would be the same is most of the drive train and maybe the electronics ( maybe because they might want to swap them)

Quote:
Originally posted by newbitowner
Anyone need a shorted red Supra with all stock parts?

post your email address
how much? anyways my email is silent_nightr34@comcast.net
Old 02-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u
no no no you see that miniz owners thought that the xmod is way 2 slow maybe ill just pop in an x speed motor i was trying 2 prove that the only reason thet a miniz is faster than an xmod is the motor... every thing else doesnt seem 2 make a big differance.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to 4 Door LT1
Quote:
no no no you see that miniz owners thought that the xmod is way 2 slow maybe ill just pop in an x speed motor i was trying 2 prove that the only reason thet a miniz is faster than an xmod is the motor... every thing else doesnt seem 2 make a big differance.
that's not true. i've got a HPI Micro RS4 180 motor in my xmod, and i'm sure i'd get smoked by a miniz
Old 02-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The motor is not the only reason a Mini-Z tends to be faster than an XMod. It's the simplicity of the drivetrain that makes the difference. The Mini-z has a solid rear axle that passes through 2 ball bearings, and is driven directly by the pinion gear on the motor. The front wheels rotate on fixed axles. The XMod has so much more rotating mass. The center driveshaft alone is equivalent to the Mini-Z's rear axle, and then you add on all of the dogbones and universal joints, the extra gear between the motor and differential, and the fact that the front wheels are attached to rotating axles, even in 2wd. There is alot of motor power being used to drive all of that rotating mass. I know that motors I have created for the XMods have disappointed me as a result of this, while the exact same motors make my Mini-Z so fast it is almost uncontrollable.

Carbon fibre driveshaft is a good first step on the XMods. Next thing would be to address the dogbones and u-joints. We need strength, but we also need lighter weight, as we already have too much rotating mass. I'd like to see all of the axles, U joints, and dogbones made out of titanium and/or CF, depending on the location. The next step would be to use very high-quality ball bearings, like the TRC set that is forthcoming.

Lastly, there needs to be a solution to the pinion gear problem. Having to swap motors to change gears is unnacceptable, IMO. We either need removable pinions of the correct pitch to become available, or else somebody needs to create new spur gears that would work with any of the 48 pitch gears that are widely available. Then we need a motor mount that can be adjusted so that we have more than four gear ratios to work with. (I know you can use washers to shim the stock mount, allowing a few different ratios, but this isn't exactly ideal.)
Old 02-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Quote:
axles, U joints, and dogbones made out of titanium and/or CF
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It seems like I'm headed the right direction. I bought metal U joints and a CF DS.

I hope my dogbones won't get damaged by the metal U joints I'm going to install soon. I don't have a problem with dogbones not biting with my only mod, 6 I-C3's.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
got boost?

Quote:

o man that's like the funniest thing i heard in my life

you just made my day!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
got boost?

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent_NightR34
lol.....no comment on that one...

"Just like if you put a porsche engine in a honda...its not a honda anymore. Yea its a honda body and interior, but whats important is the engine."

that one really got me... ...ok...so lets say you take an h22 engine and put it into a 98 civic HB or even a b18c5 engine...i guess its not a civic anymore right??....actually the real important thing is mostly the chassi...(sombody correct me if they want but im pretty sure its not the engine) and you are also saying that about 10-15% of civics are not really civics... those 10-15% are civics with engine swaps and stuff like that...ah! what if you buy a b18 crate engine and put it in a teg? and one more question....what would the car be called?........................................... ..................................

yeah you got a point
Old 02-11-2004, 05:22 PM

All I know is that all the people running SB motors aren't driving around toothbrushes.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:28 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Exaran
Quote:
Originally posted by SuPrBuGmAn
All I know is that all the people running SB motors aren't driving around toothbrushes.
HAHAHAHAHA Good call!
Old 02-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

you could make a toothbrush into an RC car. now that would be cool. it'd look like an indy car.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!