TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Warranty FAQ

Purchasing a Dnano can be a tricky issue due to warranty coverage. I've often asked for clarification and finally received a reply to my question from a Kyosho Customer Service Representative with Kyosho Corporation of America.

I worded this question carefully to reflect making the purchase from an authorized reseller for a purpose. I'll return another question regarding a purchase from a non-authorized reseller but the answer may be obvious.

Question
Quote:
If I bought a Dnano chassis kit from an authorized reseller that happened to be in Thailand, would I still have a valid warranty here?
Quote:
If you buy a product from another country, the warranty is with that country or distributor from the region. It is the same with people that buy their stuff from here, that are from overseas.
To break this down, if for example, you live in the United States and purchase a Dnano chassis kit from an authorized Kyosho reseller in Japan and uppon receipt you have difficulties that require warranty repairs, you will be required to send the car back to either the shop that you purchased the car from in Japan or possibly Kyosho Corporation of Japan depending on the specific shop's policy on warranty service. You will have a warranty on the item you purchased. Your warranty however it exclusive to the country, distributor from that region.

I'll leave this post open for comment and so i can update with further questions and answers as i receive them.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Here is the follow-up question and response I received this morning.

In this question I extended the scenario to purchases from something other than a shop.

Question
Quote:
A slight twist to the previous scenario, What if it was purchased second hand or used? Is there a manufacturers warranty that carries for a specific period of time, irrespective of ownership or change in ownership? If so, would the original purchase receipt required for warranty service need to show it was purchased from an authorized reseller?
Quote:
OK, there is a problem with all of this. We are unable to warranty these items in scenario 2.

Like you were saying, the receipt required would need to be from an authorized reseller. (in the US it would be Hobbytown USA)

Our basic warranty is this, 90 days from the date of purchase, covering any manufacturers defects. (excluding spur gears and pullstarts.)

In order for you to have a valid warranty, you would need to purchase your Dnano from a Hobbytown USA.
This reply is not cut and dry in how the response was worded. For example, there was no direct reply to if an item's warranty period is transferable within the 90 warranty period.

What can be gathered from this is, if your buying a new or slightly used Dnano that is less than 90 days old, make sure you get a copy of the receipt and be aware that your warranty coverage is provided by whatever country or distributor region the receipt originates.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
since this is obviously aimed at me (Thailand), i'll reply to this... i support everything i sell. if there's a malfunction with anything i ship that is not related to customer use (re: problem with function on arrival), one may return the item for a replacement and no additional charges will be applied for shipping the replacement. as far as other shops outside the continential USA, i can't speak for them.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i used thailand as a real world example as we live and shop in the real world. would you be happy if i changed the location to narnia?

if you pay attention to the information provided, the support representative clearly spells out that any item purchased from you, an authorized reseller, is valid and carries a warranty. that warranty however will have to be processed in thailand via you or kyosho's distributor location. you have clearly stated your policy which is commendable as many will simply pass you off to the manufacturer.

i honestly do not understand the tone of the recent responses you've posted. this is an informative post with important information that comes directly from kyosho usa in direct response to questions based on real purchasing options vs. hypotheticals. i picked thialand in particular because i think highly of your shop. if you feel this slights you, than i'm sorry but your taking it the wrong way.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
thanks for the consideration... it wasn't an argumentative statement, just clarifying our policies at nanotrax. thanks for clearing that up, all is good.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

thank you for posting regarding nanotrax policies. i think that is valuable information for the many u.s. based members looking to source dnano items and still feel comfortable they are in good hands.