TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 AM
TinyRC Pro

Wink a little smthn' (offroad SE)

I posted these on another site also, but I have been reading this site the longest (thanks to dad), and if some don't visit other forums here ya go.....

So I have been working on this for a bit. It's a ZZSE, that I could drive on my carpeted floor. I was trying to be as simple as possible allowing for more clearance. I ended up using scrap plastic for front shock mounts, inner a-arm links, and rear axle carrier for the added axle. I used paper clips for the actual a-arms and shock rods. The ends of the arms were the steering links trimmed off of a clone's steering linkage.

I still am working on the steering set-up, so of coarse it is still rough around the edges and needs some finalizing of the current mods. Also the body was painted a couple of years ago and needs to be polished up. But, as a work in progress, I thought I might share these ideas around.

I haven't seen any front suspension set ups like this in my seaches, but although I have only been watching this site for a couple years, I wouldn't think this would be the first?

So ... let me know what ya guys think.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0243.jpg (152.7 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by ibjamn; 09-01-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Tiny RC Pro

that's pretty sick! Some more pics would be great! Never seen an SE modded like this before, it looks almost like it's real (to a point)
Old 04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Tool User

Send a message via AIM to frizzen Send a message via Yahoo to frizzen
That thing is still so cool!!! Thought you said you were gonna scrap it though? (which would really be a waste and I hope you don't)

Anyway, what was the problem with your steering that you couldn't correct? From what little can be seen in the pics, it looks like all you'd have to do would be graft the ends of a tierod off a clone onto the SE rack, and maybe clearance the chassis a little. Or you could always make some steering post extensions to raise the knuckles into plane with the rack, and even that wouldn't have to be anything more than like a paperclip/brass rod and glue, maybe a tiny bend to meet the rack perfectly.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:39 PM
TinyRC Pro

Talking i'll .........make an excuse

ummm........well, I posted on this forum on the same night as Bitpimps. I actually am not using that particular chassis for the remainder of this project. It's not actuallygetting thrown away! The problem was that I couldn't do the steering joints like I wanted. I got to far with the front suspension before I realized that a better set up could be done.............
or maybe it's A.D.H.D )
but seriously, wait until you see what i'm doing with it now.......I think I'll be posting most of it on the other forum being this one is a little slow, but i'll still post finishing pics.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by 94mentality
Your zip looks great. You should post a step by step guide related to your front suspension. Where are those tires and rims from?

-94mentality
the wheels and tires are off of a $1.97 atv diecast of a rock crawler @ Wlly wrld. (and so is the bull bar and offroad light bar)
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

thats a sweet ride man
Old 08-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Jazz32

Hopefully he will come back and give us an update, it has been 4 months.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:52 PM
TinyRC Pro

Sorry guys , between other projects (BitPimps' Goin' Topless), and enjoying my brushless widened 'Pede, this has been a here-n-there project. But soon I hope to finish it.

A tiny update......
Rear suspension is set. Lower gearing ratio in the works, as well as front sus. and steering. The body is higher in the pic than the final mounting. The clearcoat is getting redone also.

Later.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:30 PM
TinyRC Pro

man when your done with it its gonna be the ultimate offroad
bit
Old 09-02-2006, 07:47 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by lumber
man when your done with it its gonna be the ultimate offroad
bit
Yeah, for a 2wd. But I do have a true 4x4 zip in the works. And it is not a ZZMT
Old 09-02-2006, 08:51 AM
TinyRC Pro

sounds cool
Old 09-14-2006, 06:09 PM

thats pretty sweet,
ive been planning on how to make an awd zzse, but i plan on using central motor, drifeshafts and solid axles front and back (better off-road.)
i also had the crazy idea of making tiny leaf springs for the rear suspension since i am using a silverado body. but it will probably be wayyy too complicated.
lets see who makes the first awd zzse and whose is the best.........HA-HA
LOL

-Lino
Old 09-14-2006, 06:24 PM

ibjamn, very impressive truck you have there.

My AWD ZZse probally wont be the first but it might be the best if it comes out as planned.
Ive got a driveline that is on bearings and is 10mm wide at the crown gears front and rear which leaves me about 6-7mm for teeny tiny A-arms.lol

My ZZse AWD will be for total onroad racing I just hope it doesnt need diffs in it(just to small).
Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 PM
TinyRC Pro

cool, I'd love to see those completed! You may beat me to them, as this is a slow project.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:16 AM

well, i am using dual batteries, a central motor with 3 or 4 gears and two output shafts, i also plan to make two axles myself with coils up front and leafs or coils in the back.
the only thing I'm worried about is the servo space since everyting is so limited in space; and weight distribuiton, since im putting both batteries on one side, but the motor will probably balance it out.....i hope.
also, i am making a new chassis, but I'm not sure, wheter to use lexan and cut it up or shape it out brass...what do you guys suggest???
im not using bearings since I jus want something simple with drive axles and shafts.
also, i have heard dof people using iwaver PCB on their micros, but doesnt it need like minimun 5 volts to operate???? and ZZ's dont have that kinda power even modded....
well... as soon as i get my chassis issues resolved, i will be nearly done, but it will probably take some time too since im modding my x-mod hummer with a front solid axle.