TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-26-2003, 09:35 AM
BitPimp Enforcer

Report on Motor Swap in MS Pro.....

Got a chance to swap out some motors from my "Motor Garage" into my MS Pro, here are the results:

MS 1.0:
Wouldn't run in non-boosted mode. Barely crawled in boosted mode. Totally useless in the Pro.

MS 1.6:
Bareley moved in non-boosted mode. Simply crawled in boosted mode. Totally useless in the Pro

MS 2.2:
I tried the Standard MS 2.2 and it was a dog! Crawled in non-boosted mode, not much better boosted. The 2.2 that came with the Pro is remarkable compared to the standard one. It ran as good as a KIT 2.2. Good torque and accelleration in non-boosted mode, great in boosted mode. This is an excellent track motor.

MS 2.6:
I was very dissappointed with this motor but not surprised seeing the way the standard MS 2.2 ran. This one was not much better. The Pro 2.2 ran so much better. than this one.

Lxx 3.0:
Wouldn't fit in motor bay.

MS 3.0:
This motor ran very well. Slightly quicker that the Pro 2.2 in both modes. I would've expected better from a 3.0.

Extreme Motor 3.2:
This motor surprised me, it wouldn't move in non-boosted mode and crawled with a push in boosted mode. Repeated checks & tries yielded the same results. I was not satisfied with that so I tried another EM3.2 from my garage. This time I got a "very" good response! In non-boosted mode this motor was quick though torque wasn't bad, it could've been better. In boosted mode, this motor was excellent! EM motor #1 is bad (hear that Todd, I'll be intouch). Too much for a tight track but great for a wide, open track.

Extreme Motor 3.5:
Everything I said about EM motor #2 plus! Nuff said

Perfection 3.8:
All the hype about this motor is TRUE! I have one in my Bit 350Z & Lxx Mazda boosters and they are just a fantastic motor period! Fast & Torquey

There are a lot of US part houses now offering the Perfection 3.8.

I also tried all the forementioned motors and a Standard MS and got better than the same boosted results with the exception of the MS 3.0, it ran much better, more like a 3.0 should run.

I guess I'll find that out when my Perfection 2.2 & 3.0's come in this week. I'll conduct the same test and post a report.

DarkTari

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!
Old 03-26-2003, 09:38 AM
It's super useless!

My tests.

Empty Motor bay
- doesn't move at all. It steers tho

1.0 BCG Motor
- Ran nicely, but a little noticeable noise. Suprisingly doesn't seem very 1.0-ish in boost mode with the Power and Speed gears on.

2.2 MS Motor (stock)
- Quiet but in unboosted, does look 1.0-ish to me.

3.2 BCG-Motors Motor
- Noisy, but has significant increase in power in both modes.

Those are the only motors I have.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:37 PM
phear meh..............

perfection 3.8

only motor i tried was the perfection 3.8 and was amazed at how it ran on the mspro. so i stopped the testing. and im still sold on the perf 3.8!! i gotta order more of these.

im curious about the other perfection motors, ie 2.2 and 3.0
let us know how they run. ill prolly still just buy the 3.8, but for a technical track i might pick up one of those other perfection motors.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:21 PM
BillyP

lol

Quote:
My tests.

Empty Motor bay
- doesn't move at all. It steers tho
lol again
Old 03-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Blitzer Sonic

Send a message via AIM to Zephyranthes Send a message via Yahoo to Zephyranthes
2.2, 3.0, and a 3.8 in work great in my booster. I can sctually control flip overs now!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:33 PM
XMOD AUDI TT (my wish)

maybe tiny should buy some perfections in bulk so we can buy it from here without losing all our money on shipping
Old 03-26-2003, 08:37 PM
{{ x | NO CARRIER

Quote:
Originally posted by AUDI-TT
maybe tiny should buy some perfections in bulk so we can buy it from here without losing all our money on shipping
Yeah, I would actually consider ordering an R-Spec or Formula 34 if I could get a Perfection for a decent price from Tiny.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:45 PM
BitPimp Enforcer

Quote:
Originally posted by AUDI-TT
That'll never happen, they have their OWN brand of motors.
That's like Ford selling Chevy's in their showrooms, will never happen!

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!