TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-02-2005, 01:51 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FalkenDrifter
Circuit Board Problem

Well when i first got my xmod i took the electronics out and tried to add new,thicker wire. When i got to the board i drilled, and i was stpuid and took out all of the gold "stuff" around when the battery wires go. Is there a way to fix this? Because the rest of the electronics are fine.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:35 PM
SkyineRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to skyline_69
they sell this pen that is for drawing circuits on circuit boards, and its like liquid silver....you might be able to use that to somehow replace the "stuff"...

i believe that part no. is 64-4339 on the radioshack website...for $12.99
-Mesh Front Grill
-Stage 2 SB Hybrid Drift Motor (8 tooth)
-AWD
-CL Lights
-CL Underglow
-6 CELL BABY!

Last edited by skyline_69; 06-02-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Obsessive Modder

I'll give a tip on the wiring (for the future of course): 18 gauge barely fits into the stock ESC (I had to drill it out with the RS drill bit that was just slightly larger than the hole) if you strip some wire strands. I opt for the no-drill design, which is basically taking hobby-shop brass rods, cutting a quarter inch of it and stuffing it inside about 1/8" of exposed wire strands. Let the wire strands soak up some solder to hold the brass and wrap it in a little bit of heat shrink to clean up the area where it goes into the board. It'll also allow you to use superflex in v2.2 turbo holes as well (although it requires even thinner rods than the ESC)
Solder joins to those brass pins extremely well; I've gotten much closer to "textbook" solder joints with those than any other time I've soldered.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
newbmaster

Send a message via ICQ to cdog4w Send a message via AIM to cdog4w
Horshu, sounds like an interesting technique, any pictures? It sounds like you're basically using the brass rod to fit in the hole so you don't have to drill it, then soldering the wire to the rod. This way if the wire is bigger, no biggie since the rod is what you solder to the board? Could be a neat way to do a permanent solder terminal assuming soldering the wire to/from the rod while it is in the board doesn't melt the solder holding the rod into the board.

My rides:
Xray M18, Duratrax Vendetta ST, Kyosho Mini-Z AWD, Losi Micro-T
Old 06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Obsessive Modder

I tried to take a pic of my turbo with the 18 gauge on the inner wire holes (it's designed to only accomodate stock ESC wires for some reason), but my camera is proving not-so-good at focusing close-in. Check out the No-Drill Board Harness on the Wiring section at AtomicMods (sorry for the lack of a link, but I'm not sure what the forum policy is on linking to another site's storefront); that's were I got the idea from.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:00 AM
strmj

I sont know how you all like links to another site but here:

http://atomicmods.com/wiring.htm

Rob has a few on there, he sells em for to much, but hey, you could make em and sell em too!!