TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > Kyosho dNaNo > Kyosho dNaNo Gallery

Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 PM

fovea3D ...please share the source of your foam tires! Thanks, Lorne
Old 04-26-2009, 02:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornecherry View Post
fovea3D ...please share the source of your foam tires! Thanks, Lorne
Was just thinking the same thing.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornecherry View Post
That's some large track for 1/43 ...my guess is you are sharing a mini-z track? Not sure if my eye sight is good enough to see a car at the far end of the track properly! Looks like lots of speed though down those straights.

I rarely see these things over steer, or traction-roll/understeer ...they seem more point and shoot rather then technical with repsect to handling. Would be interesting to see if they would drift on carpet with a less grip on the rear, or whether they would just snap oversteer.
It's pretty big track, but if you stand about halfway down the straight it's not to bad. It's long, but not very wide at all, it gets crowded with a couple dNaNos let along mini-zs!

With regard to the handling, you don't see them traction roll because they're so light and low to the ground, but there is a guy in hong kong with a subaru that's setup so sticky and so hard that it traction rolls almost every lap. As far as oversteer/understeer goes, I've been, and still am struggling with understeer. It's a lot better, but I'm still playing with tire/spring/h-plate combos.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 AM

This may seem like an odd way to deal with understeer, but I've seen it work and is used a lot in full size auto design: Try to find out where the weight distribution is on the dNano, and add a touch of weight with either Plasticine or lead to the front or rear, as needed to balance out the car. I suspect a little rear weight might help, and the weight penalty is more than made up with better handling. I'm guessing the dNano is probably close to 50/50 but that's just a guess, and the engine in back is not very heavy, so that's where I'd start to add a little weight.

If none of this works, then the scale speed of the cars is simply too high and raw physics start to override the benefits of dampening through the H-Plates and springs.

I suspect the scale speed of d's is in excess of 400 MPH, that's part of the problem ...but my work with track design on Z's (I built around 400 tracks) taught me that excess speed is best mated to one aspect of track design that's borrowed from NASCAR and other high speed circuits -- banked corners. If you can bank the corner off the main straight you will certainly carry more speed without handling deficiencies and then have to concentrate on finding the best racing line ...as it should be.