TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb Giro

Found out what was causing the dNaNo I drove earlier to seem like it was cutting power to the motor while corning - the Giro!! If you hold the car in the air, you can actually see (though it's easy to miss since it's so quick) the front wheels reacting/attempting to correct your course! We'll try to get a video of it in action later!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:48 PM

giro versus no giro

I race my dnano on an RCP track with 2 other dnanos. I have no giro and they both have giros.
there is definitely a HUGE difference. They corner WAY better but do slow down around turns, you can feel it fighting the turn but you can keep it full throttle around the track without ever fishtailing. Mine on the other hand with no giro fishtails all the time. i can take corners faster but requires a lot more skill, all in all the giro wins more times than not in a race on the RCP track.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 PM

What ever happend to the video of the gyro in action? I'll be getting mine tomarow.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Recieved Giro today!

Not sure what to think about GIRO. I installed new bearing and largest pinion at same time. Intial reaction about GIRO. Trade GIRO on forum for something, anything for that matter.

After a few runs and minor adjustments in seems to be working somewhat better. I have yet to determine what works better GIRO or NO GIRO. For $54.00 I will see if I can perfect my skills with the GIRO.

I have a Skyline body it seems to be very prone to hopping and flipping over rather easily. I filed down the nose clip and the front of the chassis to lower the body this seems to have improved things slightly. Next I servo taped a nickel and quarter underneath the hood. This has added quite a bit of weight but seems to have increased performance.

I also wittled away abit at the H plate but have not tested this yet. Unfortunately I have to work here and there as RC has not seemed to procuce any income yet.

Well theres always tommorrow maybe I will install the X-speed and new tires.

Jay Vasquez
Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm actually likeing the gyro the more I use it. Think of it as having a BMW or something like that with traction control. My 360 goes all over the place without any assistance. Now it's nice and smooth. Only thing I DON"T like about the gyro is it seems to slow the car down on turn's, but I guess we're supposed to slow down for those sharp turns anyway!