TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
well, disappointing first try at dnano stock class race. core was not picking up the transponder consistently (using same transponder as mini-z) and i had weird glitching at 2 corners that put me into the rail each time.

no more time left to test tonight so it will have to wait until this weekend.

very few rcp tile deviations to speak of. considering the speed, it was difficult to notice them unless going slow. it was even smooth over the bumps and banked turn.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i changed my line a bit and managed to finally break 40 laps! even shaved .16 seconds from my previous best lap!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Race Results.pdf (48.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

took the day today to break down my hfay mini-z and clean everything. spen an hour tonight track testing it and tweaking things. managed to get a nice lap time but lap count remains the same due to asf reverse delay eating valuable seconds in a 5 minute heat.

i also took some time this morning to pair up my sons new gt-r dnano and tweak the kt-18 settings. for starters i put the tx in training mode with improved the handling on the track. i still need to resolve the poor core response with the small car, tags, and speeds.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Race Results.pdf (48.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-03-2009, 07:25 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i bought and added the mini-96 wide inside turn kit to my track tonight. i could only use 2 of the 3 turn kits but they look great!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Pics please. I am really liking the dNaNo on the 30cm tiles. I am thinking of bringing in some 30cm kits with the lower Kyosho Japan rail. We manufacture their tracks with 5/8" tall rails. I am wondering what a Mini-96 would look like with green straight rails and white inside and outside turn rails. You could run red tape strips around the inside turns to add some color at the curve. Possibly make it a special edition track that would come with inside turn rail protectors and racing curbs.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 06-03-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i left my camera at work it's a very subtle change that i think should greatly smooth out the flow, especially coming down the back straight. that is where my kids caught the corner most of the time.

do you have rail liners for the mini-96? i think these would keep them moving forward vs. t-boning the rails.

the 1st mini-96 (which my cousin still has) had the low rails. we all commented on how mini-z's were able to run over them however i think they would be perfect for the dnano.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i posted this in another thread but here is my dnano on this track (before the new inside turns)
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i left my camera at work it's a very subtle change that i think should greatly smooth out the flow, especially coming down the back straight. that is where my kids caught the corner most of the time.

do you have rail liners for the mini-96? i think these would keep them moving forward vs. t-boning the rails.

the 1st mini-96 (which my cousin still has) had the low rails. we all commented on how mini-z's were able to run over them however i think they would be perfect for the dnano.
Yes, I have rail liners for the 30cm tracks. I need to get a set from the warehouse and take some pictures of them on a 30cm layout. I will have pictures available sometime before the end of next week.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

awsome. i bought an extra finish line set too but that doesn't impress anyone

i'll save up for the chicane set next.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP-Tracks, Inc View Post
I am thinking of bringing in some 30cm kits with the lower Kyosho Japan rail. We manufacture their tracks with 5/8" tall rails.
Quote:
The 1st mini-96 (which my cousin still has) had the low rails. we all commented on how mini-z's were able to run over them however i think they would be perfect for the dnano.
Are these lower profile rails what I have?

I was wondering why everybody else's looked so thick? If I order the newer wide inside turns/chicanes/expansion kits will I be able to get the same?

Sorry to side-track your thread Arch2b - just curious to find out about the above...

I like the idea of the green rails - that would be sweet! Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, those are the lower rails. We manufactured the first production run back in 2004 with these for the 30cm tracks here in the US and changed over to the taller version shortly there after. We still make the lower rail for Kyosho Japan's Mini-z Circuit 30 kits.

If you order the chicane, 45's or large radius inside turn kits from the US, they will include the tall rail only. They will still interlock with the shorter rails, but will be taller by approx. 1/2".

I am going to put together a special edition track for the 30cm mini-96 layout. I am thinking of either green straight rails or black straight rails with green painted on the tiles 2 ~ 3 inches extended past the inside of the rail. Something that would simulate an in field grass all the way around the inside and outside borders. We can include white outside and inside rails with a white rail protector. You can run some red tape in small strips on the rail protector. I will see if Brian (Salt Lake Mini-z) can draw this up in 3D cad to see what it would look like.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Off topic, but today I was searching videos on youtube and found this short vid of a triple decker Mini-z track. Very cool. It sort of has the same colors as I was thinking for the special edition RCP track. Green borders, black rails and red and white inside/outside turns.

Check it out. Anyone have more info on this track?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F6p6...eature=related
Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

the special edition track sounds awsome! please post all the details to your rcp track thread so everyone catches this, more than those curious about my home track

please email me to let me know how to sign up for one of these special edition tracks.

i'll try to get pictures and video of my track with new inside turn kits tonight.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

funny how 1/2" makes a big difference....

Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
the special edition track sounds awsome! please post all the details to your rcp track thread so everyone catches this, more than those curious about my home track

please email me to let me know how to sign up for one of these special edition tracks.

i'll try to get pictures and video of my track with new inside turn kits tonight.

For anyone that reads this post, once we confirm that we are doing a special edition track, it will take some months before we see it here in the states. That's once and if we decide to manufacture it. I don't want people holding off getting the Mini-96, in hopes that another special track will be just around the corner. It wouldn't be until late summer at the earliest that we would see a possible special edition track. A better ETA would be around the holidays.