TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Mods and Projects

Old 03-12-2004, 03:20 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to RGM1524
I'm not looking for an alternate form of power. All I want to know is if going from 5 to 6 cells is worth it.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:35 PM

What do you want out of the car?

You can set them up to let the batteries last longer or you can set them up to make the car run faster, not both. The car will be heavier, it won't handle as well, but it will be faster.

Thats all been noted already, what exactly are you looking to get out of this thread?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:06 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to RGM1524
Well, it hasn't been noted actually. It's been noted that going from stock to 6 cell is much faster but not 5th to 6th.

I'm looking for more speed then handling, so by loss in handling do you mean like it gets more understeer? Or its just more top heavy and rolls over more easily? That would effect my decision also.

And as far as the longer run time compared to speed, I suppose you mean the different battery technologies? I'm happy with the run time right now (albeit short) but I have a couple chargers running all the time so it keeps me pretty well going. And the speed I get from the 5th cell is great, just wondering if putting another cell will increase its performance another huge leap from the 6th like it did from the 5th.

To put it short, I'm looking to maintain my current runtime and make more speed. And as far as I can tell, the 5th cell config has the same run time as the 4th did.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:32 PM

I mean you can setup the 6 cells in parrellel or in a series. Depending on how you hook it up, you'll get more run time, or more power.

If you just want more power, hook the batteries up so that they go from +, -, +, -, +, -, and so on...

If you stack the batteries ontop the electronics, or anywhere high on the car, you'll definately be more top heavy. If you can fit them elsewhere - such as in the rear bumper, it can still hinder driving characteristics.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

i went from stock to 6 i use 1/8 mini plugs for audio. i just put heat shrink tubing on the end instead of the plastic cap to save space. i also mounted mine on top of the electronics. it rolls over easier and there is some understeer but not on carpeting. on slick cement it has understeer but on asphalt it drives normally except it rolls over easier. i put it on top because it a) was the easiest and b) the weight is distributed evenly throughout the car instead of it being all in the rear.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:26 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Sony316 Send a message via Yahoo to Sony316
yeah, with my RSX I brought every upgrade to it except for the rims and tire upgrade and then I went straight to the 6th cell, and one this I noticed besides a whole lotta power was that the tire kept on coming off,vso I finaly brought the tire upgrade and since their new I guess they wont come off anymore. Also, my range started to get lower, I guess one of the wires was toughing the ant. so...bah. As for streering, I recomend you use use soft spring up front, of else it's just gonna keep on tilting over. I used to run it on the 4wd upgrade but then one bad turn flipped bad and broke one of the read drive shafts, and...I don't think I can replace that even if I brought another 4wd kit cause it's the part that broke is longerso I'm just running it on FWD which it's faster since all the power is going to 2 wheels instead of 4. And I also have 8 diff leds for the light effect, which hasn't given me a problem so far
All-Weel-Drive upgrade
Stage 2 motor (blue)
Wild Body Kit
Command Logic lights
-Side skirt light
-Rim Light
Metal Bearings
Custom Decal
6th Cell Upgrade
Old 03-27-2004, 10:47 PM
TinyRC Pro

Connectors

I use 9v battery connectors for my 4/6 cell xmod. When i want 4 cells i just put a connector with its wires soldered together on the connector from the car. That way i can race in a 6 cell class and it a 4 cell class. go to rcmod.com and click on the mods/chopshop section and go to the the xmod 6th cell mod by jshwaa
Old 03-29-2004, 04:57 PM
TinyRC Pimp

Send a message via AIM to inott40
With my SB Hybrid Stage 2 Drift motor, and 6 Cells, I mangaged to distry my locked (glued) LSD. Its soo much fun drifting RWD with soft tires on a clean/dry floor!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

there is always a possiblilty that anything can fry.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
boro dori style RC

Quote:
Originally posted by inott40
With my SB Hybrid Stage 2 Drift motor, and 6 Cells, I mangaged to distry my locked (glued) LSD. Its soo much fun drifting RWD with soft tires on a clean/dry floor!
how do your tires look now?