TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Micro-T Carbon Fiber Chassis

Soon to appear..........here at TinyRC.com

We have been working on a stock replacement chassis for several weeks. There doesn't seem to be an economical replacement chassis out there, until now!! We will have black CF and Red SSG chassis available shortly for somewhere around 1/2 of other chassis being sold. The first production run will be arriving in about 3-4 weeks. Only the chassis components will be offered. You will have to chop the front end off of the stock chassis or wait for the new aluminum front bulkhead being released by others. This a fairly simple hack using common hobby/shop tools(Always wear safety glasses when working with saws or Dremels).

G10 Fiberglass Prototype is Pictured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-1.jpg (97.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-2.jpg (41.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-3.jpg (79.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-6.jpg (97.2 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-9.jpg (112.4 KB, 141 views)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:05 PM

some more pics.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-10.jpg (81.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-11.jpg (31.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-12.jpg (49.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg MICRO-T-14.jpg (72.8 KB, 118 views)
Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Sweet! That looks awesome, Keep us updated.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:54 PM

The shop here will have these in stock within a week or so.....This is stiff for the scale so you can experiment with the top plate on or off! Stock electronics fit fine as shown with the exception of the ESC/RCVR which needs to be shrink wrapped (Standard 2.5" Clear 6 cell battery pack wrap works well) and taped to the the top deck or the battery/servo tops. Also please remember that the front bulkhead must be cut from the original chassis or pay the $7 bucks for a replacement chassis. Pics at the Zero-Products.com gallery, bottom.

You will get a CF Top and Bottom Plate ONLY, either in Red Texalium or Black Carbon Fiber.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF-PICS-013.jpg (47.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg CF PICS 007.jpg (382.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg CF PICS 008.jpg (339.1 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Real Cars Suck

On your ebay sales, I notice the black version is currently more than the red. Is this a mistake or a stock issue?

How are you retaining the servo? Whats retaining the battery?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Just testing the water and trying to drum up some interest.........

Double sided tape holds both the servo and battery in place.....just don't use the white foam tape sold at the office supply.......automotive 3M works well as do most other RC tapes.

The stock servo is held to the stock chassis in the same manner.

Keep checking the shop here, David will have them listed In just a couple days!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i loike the red cf kit keep us updated
Old 11-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to GiantScale
Nice!

Any plans on a longer version for people who have the micro desert truck? Its 13 mm longer than stock which would maybe except a larger battery.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Administrator

We've been thinking about it - if you can drum up enough interest, we'll make it happen - Red Texalium OK?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM

i dont think not getting interest in the dt chassis would be a problem.. you have to think that there isnt an aftermarket beign offered yet.. why not be the first, when everyones going to be wanting them after they see someone posting pics of the chassis..

and for the stock T,B chassis.. i think a build up of step to step should be done, because some of it people dont know that havent messed with this yet. like the little posts in the rear that goes on the top of the bottom plate to hold the rear and the pins from falling out. and some may not even know how to use the 2 sided tape to hold the servo on.. and the bottom plate imo should have notches cut into it where the batt can sit, and the top plate should also, so it would hold the batt nice and secure.. but over all its a nice looking chassis and the red is sweet looking.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM

and imo the price is way to high for whats being offered.. going half of what the others are selling for would be around 15 bucks.. 35 is really steep for just the upper and lower plates.. heres a complete and aluminum chassis for 32 which would require nothing to get it together.. http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...8837&cat_name= and you can find these on ebay until their back in stock.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
there are currently several chassis kits to choose from on the market already for the micro-t/b. you have hot racing, 3racing, tinyrc, ripper7racing to name a few.

there is no reason the design could not be stretched 1/2" to meet the demand for the m.d.t. which in my opnion will surpass the m.t/b. it's just a much more stable platform. there is no rocket science to it, only takes 1 minute for me to adjust a 3d cad model. this should be jsut as easy to do in c.f. as the existing kits and i am frankly shocked that they haev not been released yet. the m.d.t. has been out for a short period of time and we've had wheelbase information for awhile. in my opinion, these should have been available at the same time as the release of the m.d.t. i think your in a bad position if your a month or more behind the curve.... especially when there is no shortage of support for these vehicles which is one the aswome things about it.

i do like some of the suggestions/requests for features. please continue to post them as i am working on my own chassis design.

trouble with cut outs for cells is, there is likely not going to be a standard being used. as soon as these chassis plate trucks are made, creative people stuff whatever they desire into them, from round cell packs to flat lipo's. cut outs for cells in this case would be useless or only targeting a portion of the people using them. i was thinking a 1/1" lip around the chassis perimeter to act as a tray but this could potentially interfere with people using lipo packs or be the one thing preventing the use of a desried cell because the inside dimension is 1/32" off for example. fyi, i will be using aluimun or derlin.

way off topic, does anyone have any cool patterns to reference? i want to engrave something attractive on the bottom just because i can and it will be for me
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 AM
nighthitcher

sounds good to me
Old 05-05-2010, 04:18 AM
bradsmokes

sounds good to me
Old 05-20-2010, 06:57 AM
patrick076

just lookin great man !!!!!!!!!!!!