TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
It's Really Fast!

Monsters and snow DO mix!!!

Yes folks, I decided to risk the frying of my stocker MT for this, but it was well worth it. I taped up nothing, and ran the red motor and red gears. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The only real problems I had for the run was that the axle gear got clogged twice, and occansionally the snowwould get so deep that it'd piled up in front of the axle and stop forward action. Other than that, it ran like a champ! It just kept going (the energizer bunny's gonna be jealous)! If you decide to do tihs, I suggest you get some duct tape or electrical tape, and tape over the charging pads, power swtich, and light port (I didn't, but it's safer to do it). Other than the little tape, it ran great!! It still runs fine, BTW, so I think I might do it again. I'm really surprised how durable these things really are!!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:42 AM
TinyRC Newbie

heck yeah! i took my mt out for a run in the snow also, didnt tape anything up. i put in the stock motor cos i figured i might need a bit more torque running in the snow. the snow was still fresh, so it left really cool looking tyre marks and stuff. there was one patch that was iced over and big clumps of ice had formed. it was really awesome to watch the mt just drive over it. when i brought it back in there was a bit of condensation inside the electronics panel though so that made a me a bit nervous. but everything still works.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by it_thing_stuff
heck yeah! i took my mt out for a run in the snow also, didnt tape anything up. i put in the stock motor cos i figured i might need a bit more torque running in the snow. the snow was still fresh, so it left really cool looking tyre marks and stuff. there was one patch that was iced over and big clumps of ice had formed. it was really awesome to watch the mt just drive over it. when i brought it back in there was a bit of condensation inside the electronics panel though so that made a me a bit nervous. but everything still works.
The only thing I NEED to tell you is to take off the front wheels and spray down the nuts and axles with WD-40 afterwards.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Bit Crazy

I found a solution to the gear clogging problem.

It's a prototype right now, but I'll get it finished soon enough.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:47 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_HelmetR34
I found a solution to the gear clogging problem.

It's a prototype right now, but I'll get it finished soon enough.
I did the same thing with aluminum foil.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:15 PM
TinyRC Pro

man, i got some tank tracks for a clone monster truck (tank style steering) , wonder if they"d fit? If they could, they'd be awesome!!!