TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have not heard anything but i have not been actively searching either. just waiting it out.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Looks like the release is being pushed back to July. We are coming out with a 32" wide RealTracks specifically for 1/32nd scale for those who have the room.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Quote:
hmm... video on youtube...

hpi rs32 part 1
hpi rs32 part 2

wish they had a video of it running at least...
some news shared on mini-zracer by herman
Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

many video's by this youtube member
Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 PM

HI, I'm new, and I deMAND THAT THIS BE RELEASED SO I CAN FREAKING BUY ONE!!!!!!!!! I WANTS!! even though i already have a micro highroller.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Racing 32 delay

It looks like the RS32 U.S. release is pushed back again, September 2010 now. I hope the pricing structure does not change. With the current price point where it is I think this has the potential to attract a lot more people to the hobby.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 AM

New guy

Hey, everyone. I'm a new guy here; just signed up specifically to chat about and keep tabs on this upcoming car. I have a Mini-Z that I've spent about 30 minutes playing with, total. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a 1:10 scale guy. I've got a Sprint 2 that my buddies at work and I race in the parking lot at lunch, and I've got a scaler built with a brass frame and Axial axles, trans, etc. Anyway, the point is that I'm a guy who didn't bother much with mini/micro scale RC at all, but this new car from HPI has got me extremely excited!

As I said, a few of us race during our lunch and break periods at work. I live near Seattle, so that only works for about 4 months out of the year. Once the rain starts the racing ends. So, we've been thinking about ways to move our hobby indoors during the Fall and Winter. I bought the Mini-Z, thinking it would be a solution. Unfortunately, it has some drawbacks that prevented it from catching on with the guys I race with (Mainly that 2.4Ghz is expensive to add, and neither of our local shops stock ANYTHING from Kyosho, so buying cars and parts is a pain). We considered the dNano, but it has the same problems (cost and parts availability). It also sucks that Kyosho only seems interested in making supercars and Japanese race cars, since I'm a big American muscle car fan.

It looks like the HPI car may solve the issues we have with the Kyosho products. Only $120 RTR *with* a 2.4Ghz transmitter. Made by HPI, so there's a fair chance that my LHS will actually carry some parts. And slot car bodies should be easy to interchange, so I can get Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc. I've already placed a pre-order for three RTR sets, so I really hope they're not pushed out past September.

If these cars are even half as good as I hope they are, I think they could be really, really big. If they meet my expectations, I'm going to build a 4x12' track in my basement. It should be easy to get friends to buy into racing, since $120 is a whole lot easier to swallow than a dNano at $280+. And since we can race year-round indoors in a relatively small space, it makes it an easier hobby to justify than something that only really gets used a few months per year and takes up tons of shelf space the rest of the time. Heck, I can store three of these cars in less space than my crawler, and I can take them back and forth to work in the tank bag of my motorcycle!

I'm really looking forward to the release of this new car. Hopefully I'm not disappointed. Looking forward to hearing first impressions from anyone else who picks one up, since I don't have a whole lot to compare against.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Just my 2 review cents-

http://skv012altd.blogspot.com/2011/...as-landed.html
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM

Thought I would share my view on the car after spending two evenings with it.

+'s
- Nice detail on the car
- Drives VERY well. No glitching, tracks straight, turns sharp. Best small car I have by far.
- Modular components
- I like the small scale (compared to Iwaver and xmod) should fit on a track better.

-'s
- Battery charger is poor, using AA batteris in case to charge the nimh batteries. Takes a looong time Instructions say 40 minute probably like 20 or so.
- You have to BUILD IT. I mean assemble, but for these big hands it takes awhile to put it together. Good news, you only do that once.
- Really kinda dissapointed with the speed on the first run, but after another round of charging on the batteries the car ran longer and faster. Nice speed I think for a small track. Will try it on my track soon.
- Found a place to get addtional saddle pack batteries (see battery thread) so you can get 2 or 3 sets to extend the fun.

My first impression is that I wished they had raised the price and improved on the battery/motor situation. After the second charge though, I really enjoyed it and will leave it just "as is" for awhile. You can always upgrade the motor and batteries later, the car handles soooo good. I am comparing it to an xmod and a Iwaiver since I have those models.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM

The next big question is I want a second one with a different body.

I can't help but notice the large number of threads that started way back in 2009 discussing this car and it just recently got here. Wow..that took awhile...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Anyone know the wheelbase on this thing? It looks like HPI doesn't give us many body choices (at least in the U.S.), and I'm trying to figure out what slot car bodies will fit.