TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Holy Crap!

Send a message via AIM to ugh
R-Spec

well, i just got my r-spec today. i was so excited that i popped in right after i installed my new nimh battery that also came in the package. the battery was great, but the r-spec sucks. it is really slow. what can i do tho fix it and make it faster? i REALLY don't want to have to return it!

BTW: do a good percent of r-specs get returned? i've seen a lot of complaints about them.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
I am very stupid when it comes to anything concerning tiny radio control cars, but at school it is a different story (I know none of you care what my life is like at school). Please do not criticize me for being idiotic and asking stupid questions that I should know. I have no skills when it comes to modding and driving Microsizers and other micro radio control cars. Please help me to raise my self-esteem. I don't handle criticizm well and when I do, I usually go cry into a pillow and scream and break things. In short, be nice to me (it may be hard though through all of my annoyance). Thanks pal!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Box Racer

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowMage Send a message via AIM to ShadowMage
ok...the r-spec is in fact a fast motor. If by slow you mean that it doesn't accelerate as fast as slower motors (like the 2.2 and such) than you'd be correct. The r-spec is not designed to be an over-bearing torque monster. It DOES however have a LOT more torque than the 3.8. Anywho...it boils down to the fact that it does NOT have a lot of overall torque based on the slower motors (like the Micro b 2.2, 1.0, or the zipzap turbo motor (my personal fave if your looking for torque)) but once it gets spinning up it has a much higher top speed. So it's basically made for drag racing unless you are just really good at controlling your car at ridiculously high speeds. Hope this helps.

--Quote from Six String Samurai
Old 02-03-2003, 11:02 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to grilleguard2k
Your NiMH will require more charges than your stock NiCd. You may need to charge it as many as 3 or 4 times. If you've only been charging it once, then you're not getting full power, and it will be slow.

If you are charging multiple times, try breaking the motor in by running the car upside down till the battery drains a few times. This will get things moving.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Holy Crap!

Send a message via AIM to ugh
I charged the nimh twice for a total of 90 seconds. i did just what you said grilleguard, i put the controller under my toaster and ran out the battery. with the r-spec in it, it only lasted about 30 sec, and half of those, the gear were barely moving.
I am very stupid when it comes to anything concerning tiny radio control cars, but at school it is a different story (I know none of you care what my life is like at school). Please do not criticize me for being idiotic and asking stupid questions that I should know. I have no skills when it comes to modding and driving Microsizers and other micro radio control cars. Please help me to raise my self-esteem. I don't handle criticizm well and when I do, I usually go cry into a pillow and scream and break things. In short, be nice to me (it may be hard though through all of my annoyance). Thanks pal!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Retarded Stunt Driver

ive found my rspec to be highly inconsistant. when it is working right it absolutly screams in a single or dual battery car. the first few days it made loud screeching noises and would go from slow mode to fast mode. i thought it was electrical at first but then realized that it was mechanical. i dono when its right it is surly the fastest motor ive seen. this is the first batch of these motors. im sure they will improve.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Where's the Beer?

Send a message via AIM to PWalk
I use my R-Spec exclusively in my booster chasis.
I have had no problem with mine... yet. (knocking on wood).
Old 02-04-2003, 04:15 PM
:|

The problem with R-Spec motors is that they're a bit bigger than normal size motors, mainly because of the metal contact on the end (on the blue plastic). It kinda puts the motor on an angle and doesn't sync with the gears very well (causing screeching noises) and that slows it down alot.

I have two of them and one fits in my 350Z very well.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Doom doom doom doom doom

Send a message via AIM to Fast_Furious
I have an R-Spec and it runs perfectly well...i love it.
If it doesn't work it might jus be the motor(prbly not though)
Old 02-04-2003, 09:08 PM
D'oh!

Send a message via AIM to FullyBaked Send a message via Yahoo to FullyBaked
I have no idea, so I might buy one to guinea pig this beast...

-Bob

-Bob
Old 02-04-2003, 09:36 PM
L&M Autoworks

Send a message via AIM to Vyrus
Just bought a R-Spec for my Skyline and one for my friend's 350Z...
-Cyrus
Old 02-05-2003, 10:49 AM
neoGTR22

So far my R-Spec with my 350z is working well. I've used for a about an hour now. I'll post more info later.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:29 PM
L&M Autoworks

Quote:
Originally posted by neoGTR22
So far my R-Spec with my 350z is working well. I've used for a about an hour now. I'll post more info later.
Are you going to use the Boost with it or not? From what I've read in the archives, it's not a good idea. A sqealing sound will come first and then the motor will blow.
-Cyrus
Old 02-05-2003, 05:04 PM
neoGTR22

Man, ur scarin me. Where'd u read this? Post a link. Without the turbo, what's the point? The car runs way too slow without. Ans with it, it's too fast for my track course. Imma race with some friends tonight. I'll make some vids and post em in this thread tomorrow. Lemme know where u read about bad things with th rspec and 2peeds. I must have missed it.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:20 PM
L&M Autoworks

Quote:
Originally posted by neoGTR22
Man, ur scarin me. Where'd u read this? Post a link. Without the turbo, what's the point? The car runs way too slow without. Ans with it, it's too fast for my track course. Imma race with some friends tonight. I'll make some vids and post em in this thread tomorrow. Lemme know where u read about bad things with th rspec and 2peeds. I must have missed it.
It was in the original R-Spec thread, I think it began with vdubbin2001's post on this page and continued for the remaining 3.
-Cyrus
Old 02-10-2003, 03:21 PM
neoGTR22

Well, after the whole weekend I still have yet to have a problem with my Rspec in my 350z. I played with it for a total of maybe 10 hours.