TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 12-13-2003, 09:14 AM
I really should change my title...

Xmod Competition Series

I emailed RS and posted a question on the official site about the rules for the upcoming xmod competition series. I got an email response to watch the website for upcoming info.

Meanwhile, what do you think the classes will be? Class 1 - out of the box. Class 2 - stock stage 2 with rs mods. Open - ?

I am thinking that even in the open class motor size will be restricted to 130 and bats to 4 cells. I am going to guess that you will have to use an xmod can.

If that's true than the focus on mods should shift to making the best stage 2. If you want to build a winning car.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u
excuse me, but the competition series has nothing 2 do with actual competition its just a series of cars
Old 12-13-2003, 10:16 AM

Taken from xmods custom rc site news:

Date: 11/21/03

Description: Get Ready! Keep an eye out for news on the XMODS™ Racing Competition Series coming to a location near you. Tune up your skills and compete with fellow drivers.

It's not a different car line. It is a series of races.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Mad Scientist

Re: Xmod Competition Series

Quote:
Originally posted by jaubery
I emailed RS and posted a question on the official site about the rules for the upcoming xmod competition series. I got an email response to watch the website for upcoming info.

Meanwhile, what do you think the classes will be? Class 1 - out of the box. Class 2 - stock stage 2 with rs mods. Open - ?

I am thinking that even in the open class motor size will be restricted to 130 and bats to 4 cells. I am going to guess that you will have to use an xmod can.

If that's true than the focus on mods should shift to making the best stage 2. If you want to build a winning car.
Well, a tweaked stage 2 motor can be pretty fast. I wonder if FET mods will be allowed, though. I have two cars that can be made "stock enough" for open class if need be. Most of the little tweaks I do to my car will slide though, even under the stock rules.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:26 PM
got supra?

Quote:
Originally posted by jaubery
Taken from xmods custom rc site news:

Date: 11/21/03

Description: Get Ready! Keep an eye out for news on the XMODS™ Racing Competition Series coming to a location near you. Tune up your skills and compete with fellow drivers.

It's not a different car line. It is a series of races.
i hear (TIME MAG.) that x mods will start a 10 to 15 city racing toure starting april in 04!!!!

i think maybe the most pop.(will be first) of the city but i dont know
that i all the info i have
all upgrades[by rs]
Old 12-13-2003, 01:47 PM
2Fast4U

Send a message via AIM to MattH
RadioShack has said there will be a competition series; that much we know for sure. Now, here are rumors I've heard:

1. The top selling stores will get to host races.
2. The stores in the most poplated cities will get to host races (This could most likely be the same as best selling).
3. There will be 15 to 20 races held.
4. There will be one final competition.
5. The final competition will be held in New York City.
6. A full-size car will be given away to the final winner.
7. That full-size car will be from "The Fast nad the Furious."
8. Only hop-ups allowed will be RadioShack parts, but you can paint the body any color you want.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:07 PM

Matth,

Thanks for the input. If you can get any more information about the rules I think that would be a great help. I lot of people are trying to organize local races now and we would like to comply with the xmods rules.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:11 PM

The rumor about the more popular or highest selling stores hosting the races will most likely be ture. Back when they were first releasing the Xmods, the "top performing" stores got them first, and had the most stock. Maybe CJ can shed some light on this.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Got Brains?

Cool 6 cells

Hey BC, if the radioshack parts only is true, then does that mean that out 6 cells are legal because I got the receeipt to prove I bought the holder, solder and soldering iron from RadioShack...heh heh heh.....and plus, how the hell would they know if I ripped my motor apart and rewound it with less turns, heavier wire and stronger magnets? I doubt they'll take the motor apart.....
Old 12-13-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

Re: 6 cells

Quote:
Originally posted by theMonster
Hey BC, if the radioshack parts only is true, then does that mean that out 6 cells are legal because I got the receeipt to prove I bought the holder, solder and soldering iron from RadioShack...heh heh heh.....and plus, how the hell would they know if I ripped my motor apart and rewound it with less turns, heavier wire and stronger magnets? I doubt they'll take the motor apart.....
if they even know how to take the motor apart. i doubt they'll take a look at the electonics to see mosfet mods. they might have a thing where you put up money to protest someone. I propose that anyone using this site doent rat on anyone else if this is the case!

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 12-13-2003, 03:37 PM

Rat on someone? You mean let people cheat because they may not be able to win by following the rules? Shame on you. Do the best you can with the talent you have and win by being the best racer with the best prepared car that conforms to the rules.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by MattH

8. Only hop-ups allowed will be RadioShack parts, but you can paint the body any color you want.
They'll have to add more restrictions than that, because I definitely interpret that as allowing me to wind my own 130 motor and use it, stack FETs from stock XMods, etc.

In fact, look what I saw when I went to RS today...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=278%2D1345
Old 12-13-2003, 07:17 PM

If it's true that only rs parts will be allowed I am sure they'll only allow xmod parts. That would still allow you to "tune" your stage 2 motor.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:13 PM

HELLO!!!!!!
it just means its a series of cars!!!!!!!!!!!
it means u can race em ur wrong
Old 12-14-2003, 05:29 PM

HELLO!!!!!!
it just means its a series of cars!!!!!!!!!!!
it means u can race em ur wrong