TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > Kyosho dNaNo > Kyosho dNaNo

Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyrc View Post
Cool - I'm a roadster fan myself, though I like mine mid-engined:

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/2004mr-s/2004_MR_S

Hah, I'm jealous.... I hope to make my next roadster a 2zz swapped MR-S. :drool:

I spoke with my boss again today; he should have a rough ETA this week after he orders from Kyosho... still no idea at the moment. As I said before, his initial idea is to race 3 nights a week, and right now he wants to do it Friday/Saturday/Sunday. If it doesn't work out, we can always change it.

Last edited by Faded92mx5; 03-15-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded92mx5 View Post
Hah, I'm jealous.... I hope to make my next roadster a 2zz swapped MR-S. :drool:
That was my plan - it's paid off this month, and I was hoping to start putting some money into it - then we had a baby earlier this month!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 PM

Funny how kids do that....

Here's a bit bigger picture of mine:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...iata/fixed.jpg
Old 03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Nice!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
I spoke with my boss again today; he should have a rough ETA this week after he orders from Kyosho... still no idea at the moment. As I said before, his initial idea is to race 3 nights a week, and right now he wants to do it Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
That sounds great. I could definitely come one of those 3 days almost every week if it were setup like that. Keep us posted on the ETA.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
That sounds great. I could definitely come one of those 3 days almost every week if it were setup like that. Keep us posted on the ETA.
Welcome Faded92mx5! That sounds great - I am about an hour or so away in Winston Salem, NC - look forward to being able to get over there and check out the dNaNo stuff when it is all set up! I will keep checking back to see if there are any updates...I heard rumors of the possibility of some parking lot racing - if there is any new info on that please pass it on as well....
Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdob View Post
Welcome Faded92mx5! That sounds great - I am about an hour or so away in Winston Salem, NC - look forward to being able to get over there and check out the dNaNo stuff when it is all set up! I will keep checking back to see if there are any updates...I heard rumors of the possibility of some parking lot racing - if there is any new info on that please pass it on as well....
Yeah, we have some Road Rail and might want to try parking lot racing... but the only issue is getting people interested. We hardly sell any touring/on-road stuff in our store, there just isn't any interest in it, so trying to race something like that is hard. We're leaning toward a Team Losi Mini Latemodel series. They're getting really popular with the guys that work on Nascar teams in our area.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we have some Road Rail and might want to try parking lot racing... but the only issue is getting people interested. We hardly sell any touring/on-road stuff in our store, there just isn't any interest in it, so trying to race something like that is hard. We're leaning toward a Team Losi Mini Latemodel series. They're getting really popular with the guys that work on Nascar teams in our area.
Yeah - Getting people to commit to a particular chassis/motor/battery combo is pretty near impossible! I was hoping that maybe somebody would start up a new class with the release of the new HPI Cup Racer kit that is coming out soon - that would be cool! But anyways - lets get back to the dNaNo info...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdob View Post
Yeah - Getting people to commit to a particular chassis/motor/battery combo is pretty near impossible! I was hoping that maybe somebody would start up a new class with the release of the new HPI Cup Racer kit that is coming out soon - that would be cool! But anyways - lets get back to the dNaNo info...
Yeah, those cars definitely look awesome. We'll race anything we get people asking for. If four or five guys have them, we'll race them.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
What kind of tracks can we expect in HTUSAs? Something similar to RCP? A carpet track? Can people who don't own/run a HTUSA buy these tracks?
The tracks that are found at HTUSA's are carpet tracks. They are available for purchase to the public. Contact your local hobby store for more detail.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRaja View Post
Can we buy dnano cars and parts online from Hobbytown USA online store sites?
Hobbytown stores are not allowed to sell online. The dNaNo is sold only in the HTUSA stores.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoAmerica View Post
Hobbytown stores are not allowed to sell online. The dNaNo is sold only in the HTUSA stores.
That sucks. Are you saying the only way to buy parts is overseas, if we don't live next to a Hobbytownusa store.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM

Will tinyrc be carring kyosho parts for the dnano?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator

We'll be definitely be carrying parts for the dNaNo, though for Kyosho parts we have to wait until the HTUSA exclusivity period is over. I can't explain Kyosho's limiting their product in this way, there's no logical reason for it that I can figure out, but at the moment I'm just trying to keep things positive and be thankful that they're at least reaching the US in any form after all of the delays.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoAmerica View Post
I live on Long Island NY there are no hobbytown stores....the nearest is in NJ...and who knows if they will carry dnanos? so there is no way for me to get these in the USA?