TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 07-04-2006, 06:01 PM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
My Xmod is completely F*****

okay ive had my xmod for less than half a year i bought it from ebay and i THOUGHT it would have been heavy duty but i was wrong. my dog bones are broken that damn clear back piece is lost (probably because its clear and when your xmod taps something it falls off) my FETS are fried and ive WASTED over 100 dollars on this. now if i replace my fets and things dont go well well that means i have to buy a new board which ig going to cost me 40 dollars

but this isnt a complaining thread

so i wanted to know what i need to make my xmod a beast and i would never have to worry about pushing my xmod to its limit

also about the fets why do you need to solder it. i know its for added strength but when the metal pins make contact with the board is there a connection becuase i was worried about not taking out ALL of the left over soder and it would block the connection.

and lastly why would you need to remove the left over soder becuase doesnt the soder just act as a bride and couldnt you just soder the FET to the left over soder
Old 07-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Jazz32

When you solder FETs, I add very little solder to what's left over on the board from the old ones. It's just usually easier to lay the fets on the flat surface without any solder. Solder is the contact between the board and the FET. if you pressed it against the board and taped it there, or something, every bump would break the connection. Also, if one pin got bent a little it wouldn't make contact. It has to be soldered.

A new board should not cost you $40. I've never had any problem with dogbones yet. I also don't know what clear piece you're referring to that you've lost.

FETs won't fry in a stock set up, or even 5 cell if it is installed right. I've run 6 cells on 5 chasis and only burned the one because I was driving it really hard and purposely jumping it.

I guess the ultimate beast would include FETs, a good motor, lipos, and all the aluminum upgrades. Full aluminum sets sell for around $70 and I think you know the cost of the others.

I found a great charger for lipo's, nimh, nicad for $33 and ordered 10 lipo AA's at 3.40 each. If you shop around you can find stuff cheaper. I also got FET's for about $1 each.

People are out there to make lots of money, don't waste it.

I could be pursuaded to build a board with all the stock electronices for a fee, or build you an entire chasis if you wanted. I have a few spare. I could add in a 6 cell as well. We could set up an auction with a buy it now price when i'm finished, that way you wouldn't have to just trust the "word" of some guy on a forum.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:00 AM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
wow thank you actually could you make me a gen 1 PCB i have the chassis i just need the pcb and if possible a 6 cell or FET upgrade

btw im looking for about the $10-20 range cuz im kinda broke for money after spending so much on replacement parts but after they come in HOPEFULLY my xmod will be a beast

p.s. i dont know who you are but dude you helped me out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(goes on for an hour) MUCH thx alot man

Last edited by bengali548; 07-06-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Jazz32

give me a little while to look through my spare parts and i'll consider the offer.