TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups

Old 04-08-2004, 07:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to polyesterhat
Bearingless Graphite Driveshaft

Do you have a carbon Fiber Drive Shaft?
I am introducing the Bearingless Graphite Drive Shaft.

This mod is serious!
Check it out.
Look Here for the "XMOD LABZ" Homepage
There are some videos

I was amazed how much these things actually help the car. I replaced my carbon fiber one with it, and it went even faster.
These things dont even require bearings, or bushings, and they are lighter and stronger than carbon fiber.

WOW, seriously.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by polyesterhat; 04-08-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

have you tried to use the bearings with it? does it just get clamped btw the 2 holders?

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:24 PM

Yes, I have tried it with bearings, it works both ways. The bearingless feature just reduces friction, like if you have either crappy bearings, or just bushings, and it also reduces wieght. Did you watch the videos? Number 4 Is pretty cool. PS: sorry about the crappy bandwidth on that site.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Sp33D D3m0n

Send a message via AIM to striker289 Send a message via Yahoo to striker289
yeah ahh i think u would want bearings casue they reduce alot of friction and will the hold the drive shaft up so the gears all touch well with no bearings it will sag which i would think make it drive like crap. dats jsut what i think it might woork diff but doesnt seem like it would work good
Old 04-08-2004, 10:26 PM

Did you look at the diagram that I made?
It shows that the shaft rests in between the two gears, or if there is not AWD it does not even touch the front bearing, b/c it is a tight fir in the rear bevel gear. It does not sag, trust me, i made it, and it works amazingly well, seriously, I discovered it on accident actually, lol.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 10:30 PM

Watch the videos, and see for yourself, they really dont do it justice though, but it was worth a try. The civic in the videos has a stage two white motor, but it is twice as fast as normal, cause of the shaft. I am not a liar at all, in fact I'm an Eagle scout, look at my good eBay feedback if you still dont believe me.

These shafts are really, really sweet. Trust me. Watch the vids.
Thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Mad Scientist

Well, I'm not sure if it really works, as my Civic is all packed up to be shipped out, but any idea that strives to reduce the drivetrain losses in these things is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by neurokinetik; 04-10-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:37 AM

neuro, I'm sorry, I did not understand what you said:

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if it really works, as my Civic is all packed up to be shipped out, but any idea that strives to reduce the drivetrain loses in these things is a step in the right direction.
What do you mean by loses.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2004, 12:31 PM

OK... due to popular disbelief, on other forums too, I have changed them to where they do need bearings, I swear that they dont, but I have stopped advertising them that way.

THanks
Old 04-09-2004, 06:49 PM
TinyRC Pro

look no offence, but i am not sure i trust someone who thiks being an eagle scout somehow makes him honest. and i won't believe it simply based on a video of what you claim is a stock xmod. perhaps someone would like to buy one and try it, but i am a skeptic.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:50 PM

LOL, sorry that was really funny, i dont know why. Some people respect Eagle Scouts for their trustworthyness, and reliability, and hard work, other people dont care, like you, which is fine. I never said that it was a stock xmod, I have no idea where you got that from, on the video site I listed all the after-market upgrades that it had. BTW: due to popular disbelief, i changed them all to normal drive shafts, to make everyone happy, they now do require bearings.

BTW 2: I would not lie for selling stuff on eBya, cause I dont want to get bad feedback. Lying would definitely get it for me.

Thanks

Last edited by polyesterhat; 04-09-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Did you look at the diagram that I made?
no

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 04-10-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

very very professional. lol heat sync, A-W-D. what suspension and steering upgrades? obvously RS'but what springs/dampers, what tie rod, whose rechargeable batts, what rechargable batts? and you cant get a real test out of a driveshaft until you have tested it with A/4WD. otherwise you have only tested it with 1/2 of the people that own a Civic, Skyline, Supra. and this will fit extended chassis? wouldnt you need a longer shaft for that? the sentence should say "Keep in mind, these drive shafts are only for a Civc, Skyline or Supra, or other chassis that use the same wheel base setting.

and you never answered my question. before you required the bearings did the shaft spin loosely? or was it sandwitched between the front and rear plastic holders?

i really am sorry if i sound angry. being in the same mini van for 10 hours with my father is no walk in the park. then getting home to tell him that his charger doesnt work and having him yell in you face for an hour about how stupid you are isnt really all that fun either. (with the way things are going now im seriously considering a way to end this. who wants my XMODS? and i do know i need help)

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!

Last edited by aperson; 04-10-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:24 PM

Ill take your xmods! I have broke 4 xmods because of shorts. I only have 1 xmod that works now.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 04-12-2004, 12:19 PM

Ok, to try to answer your question.

First it was a mistake on my part to call it bearingless, They definitely need bearings, because they flop around too much, so i changed the name. They work fine normally.

THEY DO work with a-w-d, I was just saying the things that were on that civic xmod that I used to test it on. My friend has A-W-D, and we used his and it works fine, they are the same langth as the metal one, and they are identical on both sides. I just did not make vids of the other car with all wheel drive.

Thanks for your concern. Did you look at my feedback? on eBay, half of them had a-w-d, and they are all happy with it. I'll have your xmods too if you were not joking

Later, I have an 8-10 page english report due tomorrow.