TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-11-2003, 03:27 AM
TinyRC Pro

drift techniques

i am a full on drifter!! over time i've realized that drifting with a rc car is jus like a full-size car. its more technique than set up. sure a high torque motor n' sum slickz help, but if u know how 2 work with any set up then ur a tru racer. i wana learn even more techniques. please send in ur drift tipz.

here r sum drift techniques 4 ppl who wana drift like crazy!

-my favorite: power slip:
have car set on full steering range. aproach turn @ half throttle, slightly turn away from corner, then sharp turn into the corner and gun it, if the car is properly manuevered the back end should brake loose, then its just keeping it in slide. when in slide make slight steering corrections to keep the car in perfect slide.

-brake lock: aprouch turn full speed, then lock the brakes for a second to get the car loose, then give it as much throttle as u want(the more throttle the farther it will slide).

fient: a few feat before the turn tap the brake and turn away from the turn so that you start a drift away from the corner, then jerk the steering wheel towards the turn and gun it. when done properly the rear tires slide throw 2 drifts in oppisite dirrections. takes alot of practice not to spin out(overspin).

-i know a few more techniques, i would like 2 hear ur drift, or just general racing techniques.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:20 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Quote:
fient: a few feat before the turn tap the brake and turn away from the turn so that you start a drift away from the corner, then jerk the steering wheel towards the turn and gun it. when done properly the rear tires slide throw 2 drifts in oppisite dirrections. takes alot of practice not to spin out(overspin).
isn't that a intertia (sp) drift?
Old 11-11-2003, 03:33 PM
TinyRC Pro

yeah, i use the terms from the japanese drift videos i have
Old 11-11-2003, 05:11 PM
TinyRC Newbie

oh ..ok

you put me in my place
Old 11-11-2003, 05:37 PM
TinyRC Pro

dont b jealous, haha, jp
Old 11-11-2003, 08:42 PM
VuN86

??? ur not supposed to turn towards the thurn u have to turn away so the opposite way the turn is going
Old 11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to wasuri Send a message via Yahoo to wasuri
my technique (i have no clue if it has a name ill just tell you what i do)
I also use tape for my drifting.

I got at it at about half throttle and just gun it at the last second then give the wheel about a half twist (not sharp turn) then just adjust throttle as needed. Stupid technique but for me practice makes perfect and so far im got it down.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:41 PM
TinyRC Pro

dude thats all i do with my skyline is drift!
I call it my drift machine!
I drift on my floor and the local shopping mall garage an inside the mall its so fun!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:35 PM
I think thier cute!

Send a message via AIM to _revhards13
Re: drift techniques

Quote:
Originally posted by turbopimp187
i am a full on drifter!! over time i've realized that drifting with a rc car is jus like a full-size car. its more technique than set up. sure a high torque motor n' sum slickz help, but if u know how 2 work with any set up then ur a tru racer. i wana learn even more techniques. please send in ur drift tipz.

here r sum drift techniques 4 ppl who wana drift like crazy!

-my favorite: power slip:
have car set on full steering range. aproach turn @ half throttle, slightly turn away from corner, then sharp turn into the corner and gun it, if the car is properly manuevered the back end should brake loose, then its just keeping it in slide. when in slide make slight steering corrections to keep the car in perfect slide.

-brake lock: aprouch turn full speed, then lock the brakes for a second to get the car loose, then give it as much throttle as u want(the more throttle the farther it will slide).

-i know a few more techniques, i would like 2 hear ur drift, or just general racing techniques.
sombodies been watching mr. succeia's (SP) drift bible

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15531
Old 11-12-2003, 11:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to v0lc0m85
nice guide turbo, but i was wondering what set up your running. what car and upgrades? whats a better drifter, awd or rwd?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:19 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by VuN86
??? ur not supposed to turn towards the thurn u have to turn away so the opposite way the turn is going
You turn to the out side of the corner just at first and then turn hard into the corner w/o breaking front traction, (if you do break front traction you can understeer) This will cause the weight to shift outwards and make the car break traction and go sideways.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Got Cheese?

Quote:
Originally posted by wasuri
my technique (i have no clue if it has a name ill just tell you what i do)
I also use tape for my drifting.

I got at it at about half throttle and just gun it at the last second then give the wheel about a half twist (not sharp turn) then just adjust throttle as needed. Stupid technique but for me practice makes perfect and so far im got it down.
Here in Ireland we refer to that as "flooring it"...

Hey turbo, whats the difference between #1 and #3? the both sound like a Finnish Feint to me...
Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
TinyRC Pro

the setup i have is:
-rsx(rwd)
-stage 1 drift motor
-hard slicks
-stiff springs(blue)
-lightened by taking off un-nedded chassis parts
-i also shifted the weight towards the front so the front grips and the back slides easyer.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:45 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to v0lc0m85
any one have a good drift set up for a awd car?
Old 11-14-2003, 02:56 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Re: Re: drift techniques

Quote:
Originally posted by _revhards13
sombodies been watching mr. succeia's (SP) drift bible
Tsuchiya.

And in response to a previous thread, an Inertia drift is something different.

In a feint drift, the driver uses the motion to initiate a drift, after a straightaway.

An inertia drift involves coming out of a drift and transfering the inertial force of the drift into iniating another drift around a second corner, all without regaining traction.