TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-14-2003, 02:39 AM
I really should change my title...

got my speed racer and spec 2 bodies

well, the fit isnt perfect but it can be accomplished, u need to trim rear wheel wells, and relocate the snap tabs on the bodies to allow the wheels to fit in the wells as best as possible, once its all done it looks like it was made for them, but takes a little work, but its well worth it considering the bugliness of the speed bodies!! im also making an integra body fit on my RS viper clone, ill let you all know how that goes when i finish
Old 01-14-2003, 03:05 AM
Bit Nutz

Send a message via Yahoo to Racemonster505
WE need pics man! show us your masterpeice
Old 01-14-2003, 03:10 AM

right now i have no means of posting pics, what i usually do is scan the car and post the pic right off my scanner, but we have a new computer now, and lost the disc to input software of scanner onto new computer, but as soon as i get a way i will post pics of all my new creations, including my Ford F150 mini z
Old 01-14-2003, 01:22 PM

Ok, speed racer with spec 2 bodies!!!

Ok fellas its possible, i got my spec 2 bodies to fit my speed racer, and believe it or not. i got them to also work for my RS viper. What you have to do is remove the snap tabs that hold the body on and trim off the little nubs that hold them in place, then relocate them using glue so that the wheels fit into the wells, then put the body on and youll be able from there to determine where and how much of the wheel well need to be trimmed, what i did was clip a little off, then i shaped them using a soldering iron. its a live and learn thing, but it is possible.
As far as my RS viper, what i did was remove the nubs that originally snapped into the body, then i drilled out small holes in the front headlights and rear taillights, then glued the light system in place from the viper body. then i did basically the same thing for the wheel wells so that it would function and look right. i pushed the body into place, centered it manually since the nubs werent there, and the chassis doesnt have the holes in it necessary for the body to secure. then once i had it centered front to back and side to side, i dropped a few drops of super glue beetween the body tabs and the chassis. So now instead of the ugly viper body i have a Honda integra on it with working light system. I would post pics but i have no way right now. Hope this helps, any questions on how to and ill try to help you out.............Epoch