TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I process, therefore I am

First PicooZ mods

Here's my first modded PicooZ. The tail boom has been lightened by removing the paper and the back section of the foam canopy. The main rotor has been balanced with a piece of tape. The fuselage was split down the middle and the battery moved forward. The graphics stickers were changed so that they are all in the front of the CG. The gear covers have been removed and the fuselage painted with artist acrylics thinned with water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg custompicoo1.jpg (131.9 KB, 526 views)
Old 10-03-2006, 06:58 PM

This Picoo was the usual clockwize spin variety that leveled out and trimmed beautifully to a meandering hover right out of the box. It had no forward motion. I tried weights, but didn't like the loss of runtime at the end of the bettery discharge.
This heli is now slightly lighter than stock and has great forward motion. It also can gain altitude until nearly 10 seconds of circuit cut off with very little wasted on ground effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg custompicoo2.jpg (144.6 KB, 432 views)
Old 10-03-2006, 07:04 PM

This Picoo now flies beautifully! I can sit on the couch, take off from the coffee table and fly back and forth through the kitchen and living room. Just a tad less left trim on the stick allows the heli to slightly turn clockwise and it's off in another determined direction! After a good ten minutes, I can direct it to the coffee table helipad for a soft landing.
Next is the bearing mod to the main rotor for even longer runtimes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg custompicoo3.jpg (132.9 KB, 408 views)
Old 10-03-2006, 10:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
So who wants to be the first to get me one of these?
Just Kidding

[color=green]
Old 10-05-2006, 06:37 PM

I just realized you don't need to do any of these tricky mods to get your Picoo to fly forward. All you need to do is twist the tail rotor dramatically. I tried this on a freshly opened, unmodded PicooZ last night and it flies forward faster than this one now. And unlike adding or subtracting weight, you can readjust if it's going to fast forward or to slow.
It seems that twisting the tail a lot makes the tail rotor have some down trust as well as side thrust and it lifts the tail like the Bladerunners and MMs. Try it, you'll be amazed!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Good stuff Az!

I've been neglecting my Picoos recently as I've started putting in some Simulator time in preparation for flying my HoneyBee FP2 !!

It's a real mind bender to adjust to working with 4 channels!

I've finally started getting used to flying "tail in", in the sim. Once I'm confortable flying "nose in"...THEN I'll feel I'm ready to take out the real deal!

I definitley need to get back into the Picoo mod though, I had order some 1mm carbon rods and micro battery connectors and such so I can build my own frame for the picoo and give it the ability to be able to swap in/out fresh batteries !
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:
It's a real mind bender to adjust to working with 4 channels!
I bet it is! I have a hard enough time mastering 2 channels on the Picoo.
Quote:
I had order some 1mm carbon rods and micro battery connectors and such so I can build my own frame for the picoo and give it the ability to be able to swap in/out fresh batteries !
I'm planning to do the same. There's just something cool about the open frame models. I guess because they look a bit like the original prototypes made a few years ago. More machine looking than toy looking.
I swear, I haven't had so much fun since the introduction of Zips and Bits.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to zzultimate Send a message via MSN to zzultimate
They are great little helos arn't they! Here's mine. No mods yet, just an added tack in the front for ff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 006.jpg (41.5 KB, 375 views)

Xmods:
Drifter-05 mustang- AWD, PVC drift wheels, bearings.
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:32 PM

Yeah, I love em. My son and a freind came over today and we had three of them in the air dog fighting. Sounded like being inside a hornets nest!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:16 AM
I know I know Nothing

I have one, I havent done much. Created a front air dam on the nose. It is nice for forward flight. Especially when you throttle up. It really takes off.

Another trick is...I put a piece of scotch tape down the tail boom and folded it over. Effectivly making the tail boom taller. WOW made such a difference in stability.

I also got one of the Wild Wheels 3ch off the bay of e. Wont go forward. The 3rd ch does little.

Anyway, thats my .02

Ive neglected this board. I need to show you guys my collection now.

I went from a ZZ in July now I have:

2 epochs (1turbo supra - 1just shotgun motor WRX)
MR01 F40
Firelap II Mclaren
MR02 (no body at the moment)
MA-010 Chassis set and Lancia Delta
BMW Overland
and an assload of ZZs my fave being my articulated Yellow H2.

Last edited by bnwhtlw; 10-07-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to zzultimate Send a message via MSN to zzultimate
Quote:
Originally posted by Azimov
Yeah, I love em. My son and a freind came over today and we had three of them in the air dog fighting. Sounded like being inside a hornets nest!
That sounds like fun! And they sure can take a beating! Mine has atleast 25 crashes on it, with the wall, furniture, and celing fan

Xmods:
Drifter-05 mustang- AWD, PVC drift wheels, bearings.
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 PM

My modded Picoo just died! I've been flying three of them for a couple of weeks with most of the flight time on the modded one, which is my original Picoo. With all this flying time, I never broke a tail rotor. Well, I made up for my good luck with one good crash. The tail rotor broke, so I replaced it with a new one. The Heli still spun around counter clockwise like crazy. All I can figure is that the tail motor got a good smack and isn't getting up to speed anymore. It's still hooked up and spinning, but can't counter the main rotor anymore.
Not a big deal as I wanted one for parts anyways. And I've gotten alot of flights outta the thing. I'm using my ch B Picoo for most flights now and alternate with a ch C every now and then. Man, I love these things!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
maxximum attack

Everywhere I go... PicooZ this, PiccoZ that, these are so cool...
WHY CAN'T MINE COME IN THE MAIL ALREADY!!!!!

I also wanted to be the first to paint one , no one seemed to have the courage to do it. Also, I have a suspicion that regular spray paint will eat the body, am I correct?

Maxx
Old 10-26-2006, 12:20 PM

Yeah, regular spray paint will dissolve the foam. There are water based spray paints, but they may go on a bit heavy and weight is a big factor. I just used watered down artists acrylic paints. The pics posted earlier in the thread show my modded and painted Picoo.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:21 PM

Here's a few pics of another modded PicooZ. It has the carbon fiber main shaft/ball bearing mod as well as a new frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picoomod1.jpg (120.4 KB, 305 views)

Last edited by Azimov; 11-06-2006 at 11:23 PM.