TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Other Tiny RCs > Micro Flight

Old 10-17-2004, 02:08 AM
iPod therefore iAm

MicroSizer/Bit Char-G Plane/Other stuff

I've searched Google, I've searched forums, and I can't find anything. I want to make a plane out of my MicroSizer... but I can't find out how! I also need to know how to do a multiple cell mod, multiple motor mod, MOSFET mod, and the Li-Po mod. I want to make a MicroSizer plane but I would like to put a FET stack on the PCB and use the fastest & highest torque motor possible. Is 4.2 the highest? (I know I've seen it somewhere... just can't remember where) I would also like to supercharge my MS Pro by adding a FET stack, Li-Po's atleast 2 motors, and maybe 2 or 3 cells. I searched so please don't tell me not to search!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:30 AM
BitPimp

in reply to mat paintball guy

man it seem as tho these forums are dying down... probably cause school/college is back in play.

im working on a new controller using two 556 dual timer chips for proportionate steering/throttle, i hope it works... cause ive only got two cars and ones already scrapped. if this thing works it would be the most kickinest remote for even micro-flight.

i just need help designing the pots/switches used for em. i was thinking an old play-station joy stick should be the trick, but id rather have two sticks for better control.

if anyone has any suggestions here please help me out. i just got into this micro stuff a couple days ago so im kinda new with it all.

and i need a couple questions answered: are normal bits moddable to be a turbo car... i mean add a third chanel? and why are the bcg's still so expensive when the clones are around 5 dollars?
Old 10-23-2004, 02:00 AM
iPod therefore iAm

Okay... I need to know how I would go about doing this project. How many motors do I need? I think going with 4.2's... Okay so far this is what I know I need to do. Increase the range by removing the "cripple capacitor," wire up 2 or 3 4.2 motors, and add a steering mechanism. How do I make the plane steer if a BCG steers using magnets??? I still don't understand how to convert a magnet moving from side to side to a rudder, ailerons, flaps, and an elevator moving up/down/left/right. I just wish TinyRC was as active as Mini-ZRacer...
Old 10-24-2004, 11:38 PM
iPod therefore iAm

The post on the German website said that the owner of that Bit Char-G is running a carbon chassis. Does anybody know where I can get a carbon chassis for cheap, or like can I make one or something? Also it said he was running ball bearings. Anybody know where I can get/make those?
Old 10-26-2004, 06:26 PM

Here's a few links for you guys building planes using BitCar gear. I just flew my "BUMP" plane last night for the first time and it flies great. I modded a bit Rx with the drop-in replacement Mosfet and used an N-20 motor with a GWS 2.5 x 1 prop. 144 Mah Lipoly cell and I made my own actuator for rudder. I've got 10$ in the plane.

AUW is 23 grams. And here's the links. Lots of info here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4392

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225017
Old 10-26-2004, 08:05 PM
iPod therefore iAm

Thank you. Nice video! I was thinking of using a 4.2 high torque motor (I don't have a pager, I will be ordering 4.2's anyways, and I don't want a pager) So would a 4.2 work? And where can I get LiPoly's that small and chargers?(hopefully for tiny and bigger LiPoly cells) And how do you get an actuator to work? All I know is that you wrap copper wire around something and like you glue it every X amount of wraps, then once the glue is dry you take out the little thing you wrapped it around. Then somehow a magnet goes in between it and this is the point where I get lost because of breif descriptions...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:39 PM

Here's actuator basics.

http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4051

Here's parts and batteries.

http://www.eflightdesigns.com/index.html

Doing these indoor planes takes lots of research. Probably all the info you need can be had @

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

You'll have to use the search function to find what you need.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
iPod therefore iAm

I was reading something on motors, and it said that the 4.2 motor's torque was 39 newton per meter... what does that mean? And weirdly, the 3.8 motor had lower torque, 35 newton/meter... What do these numbers mean?
Old 10-27-2004, 08:47 PM

The 4.2 has more power than the 3.8 is basically what those numbers mean.

The best choice of motors in respect to indoor planes and bit gear is probably the 4.5 ohm 6mm didel pager motor.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:15 AM
BitPimp

where is it you get the props? and how do you mount them to the motor?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:18 AM
iPod therefore iAm

Bodie, there is no way I am getting a pager motor. I don't want a pager, I have no use for a pager. Is a 4.2 or a dual 4.2 enough to fly the plane pretty fast?

Last edited by MattPaintballer; 10-29-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:37 PM

Here's a few pics of my plane using bit radio electronics. Built from plans at E-Flight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bump1.jpg (40.3 KB, 188 views)
Old 10-29-2004, 10:39 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumpactuator.jpg (37.2 KB, 184 views)
Old 10-29-2004, 10:39 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiomod1.jpg (50.8 KB, 183 views)
Old 10-29-2004, 10:40 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiomod2.jpg (34.4 KB, 181 views)