TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to aznballa2k4
reappearance of my lost rsx

i made a new thread b/c it had too many links. i'll post pics directly on here now so it'll be easier for you guys. i ran my rsx the other days and......stupid rocks!!! chips/scratches here and there but not huge marks. some of you guys remember the hood i was doing, unfortunately i destroyed it b/c teammnm wouldn't believe that i do my own authentic handmade work. rushed the paint job which i should have NEVER done. but it's decent. the plan right now is pretty much the same when i left it. rear will be a buddyclub 2. hood will be mugen. front will be from the Chargespeed Acura RSX DC-5. now straight to the point.clear pics to show the shine and reflection just like a real car!!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
I'm liking those wheels.
Nice DC5.

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 12-29-2004, 06:18 PM
TinyRC Pro

thanks. i got those rims off of the revell integra and just painted it black.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
TinyRC Pro

this forum isn't as active as it used to be, huh?? well anyways here's an update. the chargespeed front is taking shape. not much done to the rear and hood because it's not as fun as the front. what you guys think?

Old 01-08-2005, 04:18 PM

Lookin good. Some of the best paint I've seen for sure.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Xmodder

Send a message via AIM to rs2000 Send a message via Yahoo to rs2000
Woah, mad skills, what did you use for painting, and what was your technique. I'm interested. Every time I tried to paint, it came out horrible, and I followed a tutorial.

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-Stage 2 red SB hybrid motor (soon to be neo mags, BB can and BB endbell)
-IC-3 800 mAH bats - 4 cell
-AWD
-Blue springs up front, silver in back
-Aluminum locknuts at all four corners
-Locked rear diff for drift action!
[/color]
Old 01-08-2005, 09:20 PM
TinyRC Pro

hmm, im not sure what to think. its a nice paint job though
Old 01-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Xmodder

Lol, I dont believe the body kits are done yet J-Tuner. You can compare the side he made and the stock side on some of the pics. Nice lines, all the parts seem to have a great shape to them!

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-AWD
[/color]
Old 01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
TinyRC Pro

j-tuner, was that a compliment or what? "hmm, im not sure what to think" is that supposed to mean you don't like it or its just you being awe-inspired? if you're like "what the hell is he trying to do??" the front is being made like a real aftermarket front on a rsx. and it's not close to being finished yet. hard to tell what other people are trying to say since its the internet.

thanks rs2000. yeah i've seen a lot of tutorials on painting. personally i don't think they're very good. i've made a tutorial on painting. it tells you what materials to do, where to get the stuff and a procedure to follow. this is so basic that even a novice painter can come out with a clean and realistic paintjob like mine. just follow it correctly and you should have a good paintjob.

a good paint job is a very long process. especially if it's done unprofessionally. for me, i think taking time is the best. here's a list and procedure that works for me.

materials:sandpaper(grit size 400,320,2000)

spray can and primer(automotive paint/primer recommended such as duplicolor or tamiya paints and primer. thoses 2 types are easy to use and sprays the paint very good even if you have no experience.)

compound(tamiya polishing compound:Finish recommended. not sure if could be found in U.S. from what i've been told. any type of tamiya compound would do.)

car wax(any type)

procedure:1) sand all paint off with 400 grit
2) sand again with 320 grit
3) sand once more with 2000 grit (important not to miss any spots. may cause unwanted scratch looks when painting.)
4) time to primer everything(be sure not to primer it too thick. if there's too many layers, it can cause lines on the body or whatever detail to disappear)
5) let it set for a day or so(or blow dry it for like 5 or more minutes)
6) after you let it sit, wetsand the primer with 2000 grit just to make it smooth so you'll have a cleaner paint job.(if you sanded too much in some spots, you can always go paint that area with primer and sand again)
paint info: painting is all about having the least layers as possible and even horizontal spraying movement. starting from the beginning to the end is very crucial. NEVER START SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE BEGINNING AND END.
7) first spray should be quick like a mist just to get a little bit of paint on. (blow drier is useful to quicken the process of painting. and painting it by holding it at the mounting points will make it easier.)
just repeat everything in step 7 until you decideits enough. remember not to overspray and keep the layers to a minimum to keep the body lines/detail on car.
9) let it totally dry for about a couple days
10) Optional: clear coat
11) you may see small orange peel (small enough orange peel to be smooth but not smooth enough) very small orange peel should be the outcome if steps are followed correctly. now wet sand all the clear coat off.(as much as you can possibly get) this is where your tamiya or whatever company compound is about to comes in.
12) just rub on some of your compound.(compound is like a "liquid sandpaper" theres little particles in the compound that acts as grits but these are the finest)
13) almost there. all you got to do is wax it to give it the slick look and then you're done. you should have a clean paint job now.

it's all about patience. if you have any questions or anything just email me at eckoballa2k3@aol.com with a subject saying you're from this forum or instant message me on aim- aznstrtlegend
Old 01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Xmodder

Ok, thanks a ton! I have an old skyline body that i ruined not a long time ago, i think i still have a pic of it, ill post it soon when i find it. But ill try stripping it and doing this.

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-AWD
[/color]
Old 01-13-2005, 09:59 AM
?????????

sculpt away. looking good. F-sharp.
i've seen your pics around for a while.
looking forward to see it finished .
Old 01-16-2005, 03:07 AM
I really should change my title...

It looks good,, What material are you using to modify the bumper? are you using bondo?(i would think that would be too heavy) or some sort of foam?(too soft for impact)

Thanks
Sporttracguy
Old 01-18-2005, 10:28 PM
TinyRC Pro

i'm using Tamiya Epoxy Putty Quick Type on the bumpers. its hard as rock when it dries. if i were to use bondo for it and run the car, it'll snap within a couple seconds. i think the epoxy is as light as bondo but it is a lot stronger than bondo. i'm not much of a performance guy so it doesn't really matter about weight or anything. i have another rsx body too. that'll be the one i'll use to play with. sooner or later that body will probably be another project too...
Old 01-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Xmodder

Do you just slap a glob on and start sanding it all down to the way you like it?

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-AWD
[/color]
Old 01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

no. it isn't messy like bondo. it lets you have time to shape it when its still curing. since you could shape it when its still drying, it means you'll have less sanding to do.