TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
'Vette'eran

My Z can use the ZZMT controller

I know this section is dead now, but those of you that look at this section for Z car stuff, I found out something neat.
If you own a Zip Zaps Monster Truck with the same frequency as your Zcar, and your Z car has problems with battery life, range... You can put the Z car on the ZZMT controller/charger's prongues, hold it there and manually charge it for 45 seconds and then run it around with the ZZMT controller, and you might see a difference. I did with my Z car and have determined the controller that came with my Zcar is broken in the antenna. . So if you break your Zcar controller and you own a first edition or monster truck Zip zaps controller with the same frequency then your in luck!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Jazz32

You can charge it on a zzmt controller, but the zzmt is a 2 cell whereas the zz is one. There is a resistance on the cell in the zz's that creates a resistance for the current to flow. Running 4 batteries is going to double the amount of current through the cell in your zz that if it were on a regular controller. It might work now, but you are going to negatively affect that cell in the long run.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
HAHA

2 solutions:

GET a new remote

and

BUY this battery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 160 mah battery.jpg (1.7 KB, 45 views)

[color=green]
Old 05-30-2006, 08:31 PM
'Vette'eran

Thanks for the tip jazz32, I'll keep that in mind if I ever actually charge my ZZ on the MT controller, but we're talkin' about the Z car, which you can double charge right out of the box!(if you have been reading this section of the forum, you'de know) But I do worry though, since the zcar battery is way small than the ZZ, so the affect of the MT charger could happen more rapidly. And another thing, I can't find another controller for the zcar or remotely trust ebay or find the atomic toys web page, and you can't find zcar stuff like you could 4 years ago! As soon as I can unscrew the stripped screws on the zcar controller I'll fix or replace the antenna.
But I do appreciate the warning though . And thanks for the tip on what battery to buy snake mod!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Jazz32

hahaha.... he thinks I don't read the forums or know what I'm talking about.

It's true you can double charge, but again, that's a slower current rate that is much less likely to damage your battery. Charging twice on a zcar controller is not the same as charging once on a zzmt controller. There is a huge difference.

I usually double charge all my zz's, bit's, whatever micro RC vehicle I have.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
Angry

yeah, no one turns down Jazz32 advice and I do believe there would be a HUGE difference sorry but it's true 'vette

[color=green]
Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 PM
'Vette'eran

Many apologies guys, I didn't mean to be such an igmo. I really should have double checked what I posted before I replied. I will be more considerate and more respectful the next time I post anything. Jazz is very right, So I plan to buy more AAAs and just use the original Zcar controller to charge the zcar and then use the mt controller to cover the controls so I don't fry the car. thanks alot 4 the help guys!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Jazz32

Don't sweat it. Just double cell that car of yours, then you can charge it on the zzmt controller you want to
Old 06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
'Vette'eran

Thanx jazz.
Great idea, I think I'll try the dual cell. Sounds cool man!