TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-28-2002, 02:20 PM
The Lexan Body Pro!

I got mine!

I herd about them on Maxxtraxxwendsday, and had to have one so thurdays i went to radio shack and bought the first one, since the guy had to open the box from ups for me! I wanna get the F&F tuning kit, then a yellow stang body (got the red one now).

next i think im gonna get a Bit Char G but these were cheaper and if i wanted a Bit Char G i would have had to wait another week or 2.

Now time to build a race track...
Old 09-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Any Time Now

Send a message via AIM to sam see
I just got one too and I think my Microsizers blows it out of the water, the ZZ are hard to put together and very flimsy. I also got the F&F kit. The engines are not fast at all. My 3.8 will blow a ZZ away.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

~Sam C.
Medium Tires back, soft front
Hard stabilizer
Blue Gears
Old 09-28-2002, 07:34 PM
ksavage68

I got one too!!

I just picked up my new ZipZap black Civic today and also got the Fast and furious tuner kit. man these are great, I had no trouble putting it together and the quality seems on par with the Tomy Bits. I love the way you can change "rims" (hubcaps) without much trouble, and tires are nice and soft with cool tread patterns.
One neat thing about the ZipZaps is that the motor clip screws down to the chassis, no popping out there (teeny screwdriver is included). as stock with stock 16,000 rpm motor the car is fairly slow kinda like the Tomy 1.0 motor, but easy to handle and steers well. The controller is great, easier to operate than the Tomy controller and comes with a wrist strap too. I saw NO evidence of cost cutting and all parts fit fine, even the clear windows are slightly tinted!! I havent installed any of the F&F tuner parts yet, but i will soon and will post my findings. For 20.00 each i think its a great deal, if you havent got one yet go ahead and get one to try it, you may be pleasantly surprised! The package says "made in China for Radio Shack" so I really cant tell who makes it, but they did a great job I think. I may just have to go get a few more of these before they are sold out or discontinued.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:39 AM
www.d1gp.com

Send a message via AIM to MTL
i prefer teh Tomy heat sinks....
alot faster to swap engines and clean out stuff
Old 09-29-2002, 03:04 AM
SPEED IS GOOD

same here...the TOMY heatsinks are great if you swap out motors a lot.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Bus Driver!

Hi MTL & Speed!

Yea the bolt is a pain with that little tool. Found out if you a flat blade with a "guard" around the blade on a long stick it take about 2 to 3 seconds to undo or tighten the bolt.

Here is what I use. Its an old tuning wand but I think you get the drift.

A regular screwdriver with a tub around the blade end would also work as long as it fits over the bolt head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bolt.jpg (75.6 KB, 241 views)
Old 10-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Bus Driver!

Well RS has a small 3-piece set of tools with one being usfull for speed driving the bolt holding a motor in.

Part #64-2230a

PS: One looks about right to twick the receiver coil.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:16 PM
o_0

[edit: deleted ]