TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM

strange dnano track - japanese?

See it about a minute into this Kyosho corporate video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kyoshomo...13/pyypc3QEzSE

Is this a Dnano product that never made it to market?

The video was uploaded back in December 2010, it seems.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
kyosho debuted that track at a jpn trade show. i have not seen it used anywhere else outside of jpn. if your familiar with real tracks, the concept is the same.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM

I emailed realtracks a specific question about a week ago and haven't heard a peep.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
that's the kyosho dnano home circuit... its available but you'll need to use foam tires on it for the best grip (from what my customers in europe say, i've personally never run on it). i've never stocked it cuz the cost to ship it is greater than the cost of the product itself. you should be able to contact kyosho in the USA for info on availability.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:15 PM

if you're an American, yes, Kyosho America has stock on some SAMPLES they got from Japan, maybe 4-5 pcs? Kyo USA tried it out and they didn't like it, hence they don't carry it as a stockable item.

Note that they're very expensive and like Q'on said, they don't work well with stock tires or even rubber tires for that matter.

From my experience I like Realtracks the best. For most stock dnano, only a front tire change is required to run well. However, alot of guys use RCP mini-96 too, so up to you.

good luck whatever your choice is.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i concur in that i have never hear of any us dnano location, dealer, no kyo rep even mention the plastic track. significant odds are that kyo usa doesn't even know about it, even if they have samples. the lines of communication between the homeland and kyo usa are not as quick as one would think.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
i'm sure they know about it, i just don't believe they think it will sell in the US market. dnano is already a hard sell anyhow for the 'bigger is better' r/c crowd in the USA. dnano's popularity is growing but stocking something like this is expensive and the returns would be minimal if any. *JMHO* euro customers seem to love it though, the foam racing wheels have been flying out the door cuz of their superior grip on this circuit. i prefer our DIY @ nanotrax to any packaged item available on the market and i think dnano fans in the US should go the same route
Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
I emailed realtracks a specific question about a week ago and haven't heard a peep.
Hey Kenji,

You may want to check your spam folder for a response. Sometimes our responses go to spam. I do my best to respond to emails in a timely manner but sometimes I do get behind. If you are a club in Chicago I think I do recall responding to your email, but I may have missed it. Let me know.

Thanks,

Miles
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
Hey Kenji,

Did you get a chance to check your spam? I checked and I did reply on 21 Feb. If you need it forwarded to another email just let me know. I also like the model for your club in that it focuses on getting people interested and it makes it very easy for them to try out.

Miles