TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Arch2b RaceWay

well, arch2b raceway is reborn! after at least 3 years of club racing outside my house (after at least 3 years of club racing in my house) i decided to get back into racing at home with the family. the release of the dnano was a huge influence in the decision as it allows us to race on our RCP Mini-96 with expansion kit track without feeling cramped and the clear floor space is much less than it was previously (3 RCP Wide L's).

previous space... i am now left with the smaller space to the right of this larger open play room.

i told the kids that if they were to appreciate my purchase of the track, they would be responsible for putting it together. it took a couple hours but they did a very good job of it.

here is the mini-96

Official ARCH2B Raceway Results

Track Layout

Mini-Z Stock Class - 5 Minutes
Daddy
- Most Laps: 42
- Best Lap: 6.34 seconds

Mommy
- Most Laps:
- Best Lap:

Brandon (9 years old)
- Most Laps: 21
- Best Lap: 6.98 seconds

Michael (4 years old)
- Most Laps: 6
- Best Lap: 41.91

dNaNo Stock Class - 5 Minutes
Daddy
- Most Laps:
- Best Lap:

Mommy
- Most Laps:
- Best Lap:

Brandon (9 years old)
- Most Laps:
- Best Lap:

Michael (4 years old)
- Most Laps:
- Best Lap:

Last edited by arch2b; 05-23-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Looks good! Being able to race on a smaller track is one of the reasons I like the dNano too! It must be really nice to have a dedicated area like that for a track, and with it on tile I bet it's a really smooth track too.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 PM

You hit the market nail on the head: Fun, family racing without taking over the whole house. And you have kids that actually enjoy putting together a track.

Let us know how kids of that age respond to the cars and if they actually need a gyro? (mine are now too-old non-communicative teens who want nothing to do with me

You just need to change that shirt inside the frame on the wall to the Toronto Jays; watch your lap times improve if you make that one change.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

here we are putting some of the expansion kit tiles in the track, as much as we could fit any way.

i'm just as interested in trying some of the other track options as well. they were much happier with the track after all the rail pins were installed

the jersey is more of a memento than fandom. the back has my name on it and was given to me as a thank you for being one of the architects working on thier new ballpark.

i won't have all the cars until july as i have to spread the costs out a bit as you can imagine. for now it's just the lone gt-r r35.

Last edited by arch2b; 05-17-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
It must be really nice to have a dedicated area like that for a track, and with it on tile I bet it's a really smooth track too.
I second that! I would LOVE to have an indoor set-up like that!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:10 PM

Hey Ray,

I have some PN prototype tires here I want you to test out. 50 deg wide's for the front and 15 deg for the rear. I also have some protoype Mini-96 curbs and PP rail guards for all the inside 180 turns that I want you to test. I will send you something shortly.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:52 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

thanks, i really look forward to testing them. i'm hoping to get some good mini-z time in on the track as well. there was a time where i was top 20 in hfay... now i think it's top 40. i need to get my skills sharp again for hte next season.

still waiting to see what you and brian are cooking for dnano's. i have 4 people to race at home so i should be able to field a legit team for dnano hfay if that ever comes to fruition. that and a lap timer. our core system is a loaner from the sc mini-z club.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i was also able to get a good deal on some am mini-z's for the kids as well. that is why i insisted on buying the expansion pack to make it a dual purpose track. we took a couple hours today to paint our kt-5's to make them our own, unique. no more fighting over transmitters.

brandon like green si he got a plain jane green transmitter

michael wanted gold. i asked him a couple times to make sure and each time he said gold so gold he got. being a gi joe fan like myself, he added a bit of cobra flair to it with some extra reproduction stickers.

i debated between blue and red and being a cobra crimson guard fan, i decided on red with a couple stickers to top it off.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
^ I like them.

Be sure to let us know how you like the PN tires and prototype RCP stuff.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Pretty cool Ray. I would like to get a setup like that at my house.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i just ordered the 2nd skyline! should be here next week, can't wait!

i also modified my charger to run off the ac/dc converter.

we made small bumps in the track surface with cardboard drawing tubes! really makes the track fun with mini-z's and dnano's.

here are the family mini-z's... i took great pains to make them all the same yet alternate color scheme allows some uniqueness. i could not stand bickering about ineffectual differences so eliminated them all together. labeled each car with thier name so no confusion as to which belongs to whom.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:47 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i just ordered the mini-96 large radius inside turn kit and the expansion pack finish line kit. since there are 4 of us, we each wanted our own starting grid i may end up putting names on these. the large radius inside turns should make it a bit easier for the kids to make those turns out of the long straight. it's a plastic magnet point right now.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:14 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

here are the rolling mounds we have in the track. i used various diameter cardboard tubes to create the bumps

Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

never to be content, the kids wanted more... thanks to the rcp shipping box and some plastic bins we banked one of the turns and shifted one of the other mounds.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i borrowed our club core system and put in some time trials with the kids this morning. i posted results to the first post were i'll keep track of them.