TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-22-2004, 05:19 PM
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

Xmods Video

http://www.rcpics.net/member/nmlracingmotors

Also, check out www.miniztuner.com for more videos. The motor used on this is not the MEGA-X, but a dirty, prototype of the STAGE-12X-V. FYI, the car on the race track is a Mini Z.

Better and faster videos soon to come.

Last edited by MicroRCEngineering; 01-22-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:09 PM
xmod destroyer

how much would you charge for a stage 10 motor directly from you not through ebay. If you don't want to post it here you can email me. I am very interested in your motors but they are to much on ebay
------------------------------------------------
civic- powerdash, bearings,cf driveshaft
rsx-fried
4supras fried
2 skylines detroyed
1 civic destroyee
Old 01-22-2004, 06:38 PM
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

The Stage10 is no longer in production. I have made improvements on it, which is now the Stage12-XV and I also just came out with the MEGA-X (Big Block) motor.

Both of these motors will pretty much smoke the Stage10.

I have two MEGA-X motors on ebay, which is way below retail. These motors are very hard to make. Once one experiences the power of the MEGA-X, one will understand.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:19 PM
xmod destroyer

when are you going to be selling the stage 12 xv and how much will the buy it now price be
Also will you except a money order because i do not have a paypal acount
civic- powerdash, bearings,cf driveshaft
rsx-fried
4supras fried
2 skylines detroyed
1 civic destroyee
Old 01-22-2004, 08:24 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
hey nml i am extremely interested, i am willing to pay for your motor but i have 1 question

between the stage 12xv and the mega-x which has beter torque and power over the other, and to what extreme, im interested in a high speed motor capable of 25+ mph on stock 4 batteries, but still being able to spin tires or atleast accelerate rapidly

i was looking into purchasing a S03 motor but ill wait for your reply

also how do you post a video at rc pics, i tried to isignup but couldnt, i made a truly pimperific drift video but the world wont see it unless it gets hosted
Old 01-22-2004, 08:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

do you need to fetmod to use your motors?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:04 PM
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

Hi, I sent out a mass email a few days ago. All I could say is, I should have gotten to know my motors better. But anyway, the motors turned out to be more than I expected. So, to make sense, it is better than I originally stated in my email.

MEGA-X is pretty much the fastest, most powerful motor I have made. I have compared this to all the motors that others have been experementing on, even ones that nobody has pretty much thought of. ONE thing I like about the MEGA-X is it can be used on a ABC DTM X-4. Pretty much an all around motor.

If you are in the market for the absolute racing motor, and I mean taking it to a race track, MEGA-X is my best suggestion. Very highly recommended for 4wd applications.

Stage12-XV maybe ordered through me directly. Again, all the motors I have currently available are better than what's on video.

RCPics.net, I downloaded Quicktime 6.5. Each Video takes approx. 30 secs. and I was able to view it.

Here is the email I sent out, which I may have to revise soon:

First, I would like to apologize for the late reply. Second, I would like to thank all of you for expressing interest in my creations. This past 2 months, I have been focusing heavily on making the absolute best motor that one can possibly get for their Xmods, and I am happy to say that I have finally accomplished it.

Before I proceed with the information regarding my latest creations, here are a few facts on the true definition of the word Modified Motor. Technically, the original **FETs (For definition, see below) on your Xmods’ *ESC (For definition, see below) are very low quality. It is was not designed to handle hotter, more powerful motors.

Since Kyosho Mini-Z’s and Xmods are somewhat similar, in more ways other than having the same scale, they also somewhat share the same problem. Their ESC’s were not designed for handling hotter motors, unless the ***FETs have been upgraded (See FET Upgrade Below).

To put it into simple terms, think of Xmods as a real car. If you modify your engine, then you must also modify your fuel system (ie, bigger Carb, modified mixture setting, MSD, and other mods to increase fuel intake according to what the engine demands, etc.). The engine, in the Xmods’ case, is the motor (ie, Stage1, Stage2, etc.). Think of the FETs as your fuel system. Once you put in a real modified motor in your Xmod, it will demand more power.

To put it in another simpler term: If the original FETs in the ESC are able to withstand the motor other than the Stage 2, then it is pretty much still a stock motor. A real modified motor will put the stock FETs beyond its capacity, resulting in burnet FETs. Upgrading the FETs allow more current to the motor, because it decreases the internal resistance, thus resulting in more power. One may feel a slight improvement even with just the Stage 1 & 2 motor.

Basically, what other sellers are offering to Xmods enthusiasts right now is an Xmod with upgraded FETs and a motor within the realm of being a stock motor. In the Kyosho Mini-Z sport, unless the motor can burn the Original FETs, it is considered a stock motor. Same concept applies with the Xmods.

Bottom Line: If the original FETs of the motor is able to withstand the after market motor, it is pretty much still a stock motor, for it has not put the original FETs of the ESC beyond its limits.

I could go on with the information on FETs, but I think you have a general idea.

Regarding my new line of motors:

Although the Stage 10 proved to be a really good motor, I wanted to come up with a motor, or better yet, motors, that pretty much are in a league of their own, just like the motors I offer for the Kyosho Mini-Z’s (Hobby Quality RC Cars, the same size of Xmods.)

Because not all Xmods have the same wheelbase, I have designed two types of motors, both of which will offer unparalleled performance, compared to non-NML motors that are currently being offered to Xmods enthusiasts. The two motors I will soon be offering are the Stage12-XV (130 class, the same size as the original Stage 1&2 motors), and the MEGA-X (Big Block) (180 class, which are bigger than the original).

STAGE12-XV: With emphasis on torque and top speed, the Stage12-XV is the evolution of the popular Stage10 series. The Stage12-XV has greater acceleration, and greater top speed. TONS OF RPMs and X-CELLENT Torque! For the size of the motor, which is 130 class, one would not believe the power that can be exerted out of the Stage12-XV. Recommended for 2WD or 4WD set-up, can handle 4 – 7 cells (7 cells for insane speed runs). To give you an idea on the nature of this motor, with 6 cells, 10 tooth pinion, and 2WD, one will experience torque steer, and burn outs when accelerating, due to the increase in horsepower. I assure anyone that they would not be able to tame it, unless they are using the 4WD upgrade. I highly suggest to put the speed setting on one’s transmitter to Low, if he or she has never had any experience with high output motors before. The temperature of the motor may be above the normal range; however, high temperature components were used to in order to withstand the heat. This is generally a concern for 130 sized motors. FET Upgrade is recommended for this motor, although there maybe a possibility that it may run with stock FETs, but I don’t express guarantee that it is 100% safe for stock FETs.

Since not all Xmods have the same wheelbase, the Stage12-XV is intended for RSX and other Short wheelbased cars that may become available to the market in the near future.

MEGA-X (Big Block):

Need I say more? The name pretty much speaks for itself. MEGA HORSEPOWER, and MEGA TORQUE!! Highly recommended for 4WD Applications, and for 4 – 7 cell use. This motor is intended for cars that have longer wheelbase, such as a Honda Civic, Skyline, and Supra. If one may be looking for an all around motor, whether it’s 4WD, 4 – 6 cells for Road Course Racing , 6 - 7 cells set-up for Top Speed Runs, , this motor is it!! This motor offers torque and top speed galore!! Each motor painstakingly takes 2 – 3 hours to complete. Overheating, based on our testing has not been a concern with this motor. It generally runs cool. This motor is very linear. Very smooth, yet very aggressive torque, and crazy top speed. Coasting is what I enjoy about this motor. It does not have the engine brake feel. The motor design allows the Xmod to coast smoothly. Once one tries the power of the MEGA-X, one will feel that it is definitely a MEGA-X.

Due to the Xtreme nature of the MEGA-X, FET Upgrade is Required. Please contact Myster E at esaflip@yahoo.com , regarding upgrade service on FETs, or for more information regarding FET Upgrades, aka Internal Turbo, please go to www.miniztuner.com

I know there are other parties that offer the FET upgrade service, but I highly recommend Myster E for his unparalleled FET Installation Innovation, and service. He is a veteran in the field. He has a unique method of concealing all of the FETs, making your Xmod look like as if the FETs have not been upgraded. Other parties either drill holes on the bottom of the chassis, exposing the FETs, resulting in damaged ESC once your Xmod runs over a pebble. Other parties also drill through the aluminum plate located between the ESC and the chassis, still resulting in exposed FETs. Once a metal debris gets in there, it is pretty much short circuit.

Facts on NML Racing Motors: All motors are professionally hand wound by me. Each motor is race proven, and is pretty much the highest quality, best performing, true Racing Motor in the market. Motor making has been my profession for a few years now, with a reputation for making one of the fastest if not being the fastest of all motors for the Kyosho Mini-Z.

Facts on Myster E’s FET Upgrade Service: The very first person in the US to offer this service. He is very innovative and creative in more ways than one. Others pretty much just followed.

*ESC: Electronic Speed Control

**FETs: (Field Effect Transistors) These are semi-conductors that regulate voltage and amps through the motor. The power that goes to the motor is directly/digitally/electronically proportioned to how much you pull (forward direction) and push (reverse direction) on the trigger.

***FET upgrades: (Also known as Internal Turbo) By using better quality FETs with more capacity, it allows for more current to go to the motor, instead of being wasted as heat, also known as resistance. Stacking up the FETs increases the capacity even further, making it possible for the ESC to handle hotter motors.

Important Information:

Some notes on 6 – 7 cell use when Road Course Racing:

Stage12-XV: 7 cells is not recommended for Road Course Racing. 5 - 6 would be the most I would recommend. Depending on the size of the track, one must gear accordingly.

MEGA-X (Big Block Edition): Same as Stage12-XV; however, I have raced with 6 cells/4wd/and 10 tooth pinion with absolutely no problems. The track size was 40 x 20, on carpet.

7 Cell Applications: I do not really recommend the use of 7 cells, because the possibility of damaging the esc maybe high. I have personally tried it; however, I cannot confirm that it is safe. I only tried it for a few minutes, and my honest opinion regarding 7 cell applications is it’s more for Top Speed Runs.

General rule of thumb on Gearing: Small pinion for small tracks that are technical, bigger pinion, but not too big for big tracks.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

wow... thats awesome... and you type a lot...

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:21 PM
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

hehe, actually that was copied and pasted. I sent out a mass email to all who inquired about my new line of motors for Xmods.

That way, if the person inquiring is new to the hobby, it will somewhat offer information that maybe valuable to them.

More updated, faster videos coming soon!!

Future videos:

Front Wheel Drive Civic. - Tires peeling off, 10 feet before take off. Car manages to stay straight due to front wd action

4WD Set-up

7 cell Set-up
Old 01-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm not a pyro, really.

FWD is no good. unless you add extra weight to the front not just the battery boxes. there is not traction

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:39 AM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
hey nml, im interested in the mega-x... how much is it?, please dont sell it for over 50 bux, i understand you hand wind em but i have to wook an entire week for 50 bux (stupid sting paying school) please email me xxspeednplayaxx@hotmail.com if you want i could be like a tester, you send me a motor for reasonable price, and ill take video prooving to everyone how talened oyu are... thnx a bunch!

~M1K3