TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-18-2002, 09:57 PM
the "too many tires" guy

Send a message via Yahoo to mustang_steve
Unhappy bad mishap today.......

Well I got my 3.8 and got a wee bit overzealous.....

My poor old rx-7 (import , no warranty), ended up doing a thelma and louise right off my desk sqare into my window.

From there things got worse.

I was suddenly reminded that:

1) bits can tend to climb things you would not expect if bad things can arise from it.

2) I really need to replace my window screen.

fell 2 stories into the yard, fortunately its soft dirt. well the car ran, but the steering was hosed (only turn right). So I open it up and the spring shoots out at me. Now I learned....

3) high pile carpet really bites when you have to find small, wiry objects.

so now i'm down to 2 working bits since I got my new blue skyline in today.

At least i reseated the magnet, and applied some superglue.

Would anyone know of a place I can buy replacement steering springs?
Old 10-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Beware the Dragon

You might still find it

I lost the spring of my Huale on some carpet when I was transferring the steering linkage to my WRX. I quicly grabbed the steering arm (magnet intact) and began sweeping above the carpet with it. In a couple minutes I had recovered the spring, stuck to the magnet.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:02 AM
yellow fish forever!

Send a message via AIM to cowfish_29
hah...thats a good idea...

but if you cant find it, check ausmico.com, they have some ideas. also, peope say guitar strings...
Old 10-19-2002, 12:01 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Driftkingshop.com sometimes has spare steering arm (magnet, swingarm, and spring) for $7.

Good Luck

-Sketch
Old 10-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Wanna Drag??

A fast easy way to find things is to put your head down near the floor. Then shine a flashlight on your floor. The spring will shine back at you! This is my favorite way of finding small mattalic items. Good hunting!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:37 PM
the "too many tires" guy

Send a message via Yahoo to mustang_steve
Got impatient today, went to radio shack, got 2 zipzaps (didnt car on the body type), and used the steering arm from it, perfect fit!

Now to get used to driving with that 3.8 on my kitchen floor, even with the grippy tires it's all a matter of how good I can drift

BTW for you guys who said their 3.8s won't work witht eh lt.blue gearing, make sure the axle isn't bent. When I got my stuff and messed with em at lunch (I send all things of value to my work addy, since it'll just prolly get stolen from my mailbox at home), and found that the gearing would try to work if you helped it, but would always bind up. after a bit of looking at it withe motor of and just spinning hte axle without the idler gear I noticed that the gear side of it was ever slightly bent. A little finger grease and it was perfect, ran great. A bit too great, almost ramped it off the work benches...

Well for good news the window's been re-screened

Thanks for all teh help

BTW I'm not gonna be racing, but i might just show up at edgie's tomorrow just to watch teh races, heck I'll prolly bring my cars just for kicks