TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Rice Me

Send a message via ICQ to nrmcj Send a message via AIM to nrmcj
Rear Axle Tip

so you wanna do a fullsize mod.. and you wanna take those back wheels off. if ur weak like me, and havent been working out lately, you mite find ur fingers get a little sore after all that pulling, so here's an easier way... and it doesnt involve fire.

i was bored of studying, so forgive me

1. find 2 text books. not those little puny floppy ones, im talkin big, 15 pound biology texbooks... im my case, i used a vectors (grr) textbook... all you univ and high school people know what im talkin about. make sure it's one you dont like, or one you dont care about.

2. get a drill bit that's the right size for axles, and drill a hole dead center on the cap of the wheel, until you can see the metal axle. you might wanna make a pilot hole with a pin first. just one wheel for now.

3. balance the axle on one wheel so it looks like an "I ". then take the heavier of the two texbooks, and hammer the mother striaght down, like you wanna break something. if you're lucky, the wheel goes straight down into the axle, as does your book. pull the axle out of the the book, and take the wheel off.

4. now you have a T. do the whole drill thing again, with the other wheel, and balance it so it's an upside down T. Smash It Good . pull it off the axle, and voila! easy, no pain wheel removal!

*note: i put some deep holes in my textbook doing this.. cuz i was kinda mad. dont use anything valuable if i had a digicam, i would show you guys what my vectors book looks like now, but i dont =(... heh, and sometimes you mangle ur axle pretty good too... but it's nothing a little bending cant help.

Happy Smashing!

Last edited by nrmcj; 05-13-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Feh

Send a message via AIM to Awaken Send a message via Yahoo to Awaken
hahahaha cool ill have to try that sometime!!
Old 05-13-2003, 11:14 PM
MASTA POOOOOOOOOOOOOOTANG

HAHA thats all out savage man but i gotta try that lol.
MEGATOYS rc: rest is stock
bitchar-g: rest is stock
Old 05-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Promoted to Pleb

forget what your book looks like now. i want a video of you pounding that axle into bite sized pieces. haha
Old 05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Retarded Stunt Driver

that sounds too difficult.

i do 1 of two things to get wheels off axles.

1: if i care about the wheels ill be careful and take some needle nose pliers and wrap them in tissue or something so i dont chew up the axle and grip it as tight as i can and then i just twist the non drive wheel until it starts to free up and then pull and twist until it comes off. im a skinny twerp myself so it cant be that hard.the drive wheel is easier. you can usually stick your thumbnail between the wheel and gear and pull one side loose and then pull the opposite side and keep doing so until it separates. a small flathead works even better.

2: most of the time if im removing the wheels i dont care about them anymore and i just take my snips and cut them into little pieces until they nolonger exist in wheel form.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Any Time Now

Send a message via AIM to sam see
Nice.

~Sam C.
Medium Tires back, soft front
Hard stabilizer
Blue Gears
Old 05-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Feh

will i sure wouldnt do it if i wanted the axel and the wheels because that might mess both of them up
Old 05-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Independent Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to 2fast2furious59
all i do is pull the wheels off the axles...it works for me...most of the time
Old 05-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Feh

same here