TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 02-08-2004, 01:15 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to KennyD Send a message via AIM to KennyD
Can anyone confirm that these things really do charge in 15 minutes or less? Also, do they last any longer than regular rechargeable batteries? If they do charge in 15 mins or less and last longer, I'll return my xmod charger to RS and go to walmart
Old 02-08-2004, 01:23 PM
bitPimp

Send a message via AIM to SuperFly
Yes on all counts. Not only to they charge faster and run longer, but they put out more juice while they're running, making your car noticably faster. If you have 2 sets of batteries, you can drive non-stop except for a 2 minute pit-stop to swap the batteries. You can fully charge a dead set before you can wear a fresh set down. Mine last over 30 minutes running a stage 2 motor almost full out.

Truly the best X-mod upgrade, and I've done all the RS upgrades.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:00 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to NissanGTR01 Send a message via Yahoo to NissanGTR01
i have learned some thing about radio shack it is like a car dealership all they want to do is sell you something for almost twice the price of what they payed for it even though all of them say that they don't get payed on comission the do so the more they sell the more they get payed so about 10% of what you buy at radio shack goes to the person who sold it to you radioshack used to be cool but hell they only carry one of everything not 2 but one thats just a little strange
280 HP
270FT-lbs
Old 02-08-2004, 02:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

I called 3 walmarts around me and they all only had the Rayovac 15 minute charger that charges 2 batteries at a time.. None had the 4 charger. Walmart.com has the 4 bat charger listed for $27 which sounds good but its been out of stock for a while now.. I went ahead and bought the charger from circuit city.com for $40 because it was the next cheapest around here and they were instock.... is $40 too much for the 4 bat charger? It also comes with 4 AA batteries, I think.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:30 PM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
Quote:
Originally posted by NissanGTR01
even though all of them say that they don't get payed on comission the do so the more they sell the more they get payed so about 10% of what you buy at radio shack goes to the person who sold it to you
More like 5-7% not 10% and if that % does not exceed what one could make in an hour at minimum wage then they don't get that just minimum wage.

back to the topic: I run IC-3's in mine an I bought both my bats and charger at wall-mart.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:24 AM
TinyRC Pro

Forty dollars is abit much seeing as the walmart four bat ic3 charger is 27. Charge time is 15...run time i havent tested yet and speed increase? It seemed faster but it also seems real fast when my regular green nihms are fully charged...so i cant vouch for the 'IC3 speed boost'
Old 02-09-2004, 02:20 PM
It's Really Fast!

My Wal-Mart did not have aaas. Instead, I went to Circuit City for mine. They're at my dad's house, so I haven't gotten them yet.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:50 PM
TinyRC Pro

Oh well, $40 probably is high for just a battery charger and some batteries but all 3 of my local walmarts didn't have them instock and radio shack only sells their model with is $40 without batteries and their batteries are $24. I just hope they're worth it, I've been told that they also last longer than regular batteries. Can't wait till they come in
Old 02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
It's Really Fast!

Right now, it might seem costly, but the money you'll save on batts will be amazing! Think about it, with a 6 cell car, I spend 10 bucks for two runs. This means if I make 8 runs with this car, I'll break even (which I will bet money I will). After that, it's money in the bank! Then say you get a Mini T. All you have to do is buy four aas, and you're set for a very long time. With this new 15 min. charging, it makes it really easy to run, and you don't have to wait 2 hours to charge it! This is a great idea, and I hear great things from many people. Now, to try them out...
Old 02-09-2004, 04:39 PM
--PCB smoker--

YEAH

I run the IC3's

I got my charger for $27 at Walmart.

Also I got the batteries at Walgreens when they had a sale, they where $9.99 for 4, so I bought 8.

I think it was worth it, the RS batteries sucked and the charger, I already killed them.

Also there IC3 crap is way over priced, $40 for the charger and I did not see any IC3 AAA's.
Screw that rip off and there charger looks like a cheaper faded version of the Rayovacs.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

Sounds good Yeah, I figured it all up in my head, in the long run it will be worth it (by far). Also, is it worth it to mod to a 5 cell conversion? I have a white supra that I might try it out on but I don't want to screw anything up. I'm pretty good at soldering so that shouldn't be a problem, I just don't want to fry my electronics because when I run my xmod, I usually go full throttle the whole time and I"m worried that 5 cells might heat up something just a little too much. Can anyone give me some reassurance on this? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

i run 6 cells and after an 1 hour of up and down throttle, constantly steering, ramming into things and of course reverse it gets hot to the touch. the electronics get a little warm if you dont put some extra thermal grease on the bottom fets, after that you can barely feel any heat. i would say go with it if you like. once i find a single AAA holder and get some more electronics im gonna start my own testing with a stock 4 cell, 5 cell & a 6 cell. maybe even a 7 cell car. im gonna check runtime, <insert random length> drag from dead stop time & top speed.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:09 PM
It's Really Fast!

Yeah, I have 6 cells (and a 9 volt to switch out the 2 extra cells when a challenger gets a 'lil too ****y). My electronics get warm after a long runtime, but not burning to the touch hot. I have not yet heard of an X frying on 6 cells. Now, if you were to run 18 volts... ~sizzling sound followed by a huge plume of smoke~
Old 02-09-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by viperdout
Yeah, I have 6 cells (and a 9 volt to switch out the 2 extra cells when a challenger gets a 'lil too ****y). My electronics get warm after a long runtime, but not burning to the touch hot. I have not yet heard of an X frying on 6 cells. Now, if you were to run 18 volts... ~sizzling sound followed by a huge plume of smoke~
hmm... no smoke just flames. i hooked one of my fried ones to a wall outlet.

and you use a 9v holder? or just a couple of wires hooked up to a plug that goes on the battery? and how long can you run that setup without hurting anything? i got some people that tell me that my car isnt that fast when im running 4 cells. i wanna show them some serious s**t.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 02-10-2004, 05:29 AM
I make great sandwiches

Send a message via AIM to Shiporu Send a message via Yahoo to Shiporu
my ic-3's

Well my friend's sister bought methe ic-3 4 cell charger, cuase i had to work. i paid 13 bux for the 4 aaa's and 32 bux for the charger. I think it is worth it because it last longer than theshack batts, but don't deliver the "almighty" speed increase. My fully charged shack batts are strong in the begining, but don't last as long as the ic-3's. but it is great fun when your friends come over and want to race. don't have to wait 1 1/2 hours to charge. But the shack charger charges the shack batts in 1 1/2 hour, but if you place them in the ic-3 charger, it takes a LONG Butt monkey time to charge. (they are still charging in them as i type this) like 6 hours already. so the chargers has the good and bad to them. they are both worth it!!!

now has Tiny Rc parts and schools everyone here!!!