TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 11-29-2003, 07:18 PM
I really should change my title...

whats a servo? does it stand for something?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:24 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to KennyD Send a message via AIM to KennyD
I took the black screw out of the servo (I think thats what its called... its a little white thing that moves a yellow bar that controls your steering ). Anyways, after I removed that screw, I tried to re-align it like you said... well whenever I turned the car off then on back again, it would go back where it was... Even without the screw holding it inplace. I'm lost I just put my car back together and messed with the trimming and it's going straight enough for me Later.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Mad Scientist

First off, welcome to the forums.

You missed one crucial point here. When you remove the servo horn, you are supposed to power the car and controller up so that the servo centers itself. Then shut everything back off and reinstall the horn, lining it up so it is straight up and down (or as close to it as possible.) While the power is off, do not allow the servo to turn when reinstalling and lining up the horn. If you do, it won't be perfectly centered.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:38 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to KennyD Send a message via AIM to KennyD
Yea, holding it still while you're trying to reinstall the black screw to the servo is hard... I think I finally got it though. Thanks for the help, I'm a retard.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:11 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to 4 Door LT1
my car runs straighter in reverse than it does going forward. are you guys gunning it all the way off the line? that could cause it to seem like its verring off one direction, cuz on the xmods they have a limited slip and not a very good one at that, so one tire could be spinning faster than the other. another thing that could be messing you up is maybe you have one lugnut tighter on one side than the other, mine was like that for a while. after a few other runs it started verring to the side again, so i took off the wheels, and pulled out the bearings and there was all kinds of not happy stuff in there. took it all out and both wheels rolled extremely smooth. hope this little bit of info helps.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:18 PM

a quicker way to do this is to take the servo out. in the back of it there is a black screw. take that out and GENTLY pull the servo out. This is way easier to do then taking out the whole front setup. Also if it's crooked you just GENTLY pull it out and do it again. I stripped a screw doing it the other way so this is easier.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Track Master

Mine pulls to the side as well. I tried to fix it but no luck.

When I changed the steering arm thingie, it got worse. And one of the wheels is visably off to one side.

I have ot re adjust it each time I use it butnot a huge deal.

Would be nice if there wasnt so much sloppyness in the front wheels to start i guess.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:08 PM
codedat

Quote:
Originally posted by teamdeadbunny
Mine pulls to the side as well. I tried to fix it but no luck.

When I changed the steering arm thingie, it got worse. And one of the wheels is visably off to one side.

I have ot re adjust it each time I use it butnot a huge deal.

Would be nice if there wasnt so much sloppyness in the front wheels to start i guess.
One thing to do before you start is to turn the car on and off for a coupple time then turn on the TX unit then follow the steps. I notice that when the RX unit centers the servo sometimes it not exactly center. Turning on and off a coupple time will make sure it's centered.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
TinyRC Newbie

anybody have pics so that i know what im doin?
Old 12-11-2004, 02:19 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Quote:
Originally posted by da510
anybody have pics so that i know what im doin?
If you follow the directions TO THE LETTER, you don't need pictures. If you can't work on it near the computer, try printing them out. Since it's been awhile since I've seen this thread, I'll try to get some pics, due to the many requests for them. It might be a few days before I can get them, because I left my camera at my uncle's house at thanksgiving, and I haven't had a chance to get out there to pick it up.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:02 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Murcielago659
If you follow the directions TO THE LETTER, you don't need pictures. If you can't work on it near the computer, try printing them out. Since it's been awhile since I've seen this thread, I'll try to get some pics, due to the many requests for them. It might be a few days before I can get them, because I left my camera at my uncle's house at thanksgiving, and I haven't had a chance to get out there to pick it up.
Thanks, your pics would be much apprecciated.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:07 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Loose wheels are a very common problem with these cars. There is not a whole lot that can be done about it.

Sorry for the delay on the pics, I haven't been able to get my camera yet. I've been working 60+ hours a week at my job (retail blows) and haven't had the time.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:18 PM
TinyRC Pro

If you want some good instructions on aligning the steering servo and step-by-step pictures to go along just go to http://www.atomicmods.com/how_to.htm and scroll down.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by J-Tuner; 12-17-2004 at 09:20 PM.