TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 11-10-2003, 02:36 AM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

I think the Xmods are the fastest RC's out there

The fastest Rc's to be returned to the store!
There must be a mountain of returned/broken Xmods in a warehouse somewhere. lol

I have read post, after post, after post of people having problems and returning their Xmod.
I havnt returned one myself and most likely wont but I have seen some cracks in some of the plastic pieces of mine.I know there are quality issues with these cars.
I am still trying to come up with a chassis kit that I like but I will almost replace the whole Xmod in doing so.

I feel the Xmod is a good car but the plastic used in them needs to be much better.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:15 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to martin3103
ooooo yea

The funny thing is that about 90% of the problems are with the skyline. Wouldnt you know it is the one I got. If I had known before I would have goten anny thing elts. Its just a good thing I likr to fix things. But what do you expect from RS.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:27 AM
got boost?

well, its 90% because most of the people has skylines its not that just the skylines brake, also other cars brake too but not as many poeple have them, as skylines.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:19 AM
TinyRC Newbie

I had 3 RSX's go bad with the same rear axle assembly defect. I'm now on a Civic for the last 2 weeks that has only had the front Elbow go bad, but had that part replaced with the same part from a RSX already returned.

Just hope many people try to inform Radio Shack HQ so they will do something to keep these cars rolling for many months. If they weren't so fun to race, the 10 guys I race with and myself would already have given up because of the defects. We have had a couple go to the Mini-Z camp because of the quality. It's fun beating the Mini-Z's too though.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:30 AM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

I wonder what the real percentage of Xmods returned are?

You know that somewhere there is a report with that info on it that only a few people at RS get to look at.
( Xmods sold=000??????? : expected Xmod returns=0000000??? : Xmods returned=00000????? )

The bottom line with me is the plastic used in the Xmods is low quality!
RS needs to use something like what Tamiya uses at least it is a decent/durable plastic.(there is a difference)

I see no difference between any of the Xmod models I'm sure they all got made at the same place with the same materials and maybe the skylines were the the first release and/or most favored, that might explain the problems with the skylines.

last thought, does RS plan on selling all the parts at the stores that are needed to keep an Xmod running?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
TinyRC Pro

guys, there are nothing mechanically different between the Skyilne and any other car...its just the wheelbase and the length of the black tab in the front and the driveshaft length. There are plenty of people out there Im sure who don't come to this site who have Skylines running perfectly. You only here about Skylines breaking because A) they are the most popular and B) because people with cars running well don't get on the internet and ask questions about it. this is a problem with XMODS in general...not just the Skyline.
-Command Logic Lights
-Bayside Blue Paint Job (pics coming)
-Mild Body Kit
-Stock Tires
-4.5 Toe-In
-Soft springs (all around)
Old 11-10-2003, 12:50 PM
got boost?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyline
guys, there are nothing mechanically different between the Skyilne and any other car...its just the wheelbase and the length of the black tab in the front and the driveshaft length. There are plenty of people out there Im sure who don't come to this site who have Skylines running perfectly. You only here about Skylines breaking because A) they are the most popular and B) because people with cars running well don't get on the internet and ask questions about it. this is a problem with XMODS in general...not just the Skyline.

exactly!
Old 11-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Acura RSX

Ive had a skyline go bad on me a couple of weeks ago. So I just returned it and got a new one.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Hugopolo
Man what do you guys do with your xmods I havent taken one back I still have my first I havent found any defects or any thing break after a few weeks do you guys jump them off ditches?
Old 11-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Acura RSX

Quote:
Originally posted by Hugopolo
Man what do you guys do with your xmods I havent taken one back I still have my first I havent found any defects or any thing break after a few weeks do you guys jump them off ditches?
Its not what we have done. Its the problems that we get when we purchase the cars.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:17 PM
TinyRC Pro

returns

the answer to the return questions is that they first produced the skyline and the rsx they are the first batch to come out ,so guess what you never buy the first batch they are the ones that usually have all the bugs in them , when i returned my rsx beacause it wans't turning left after the awd was installed the person at radio shack asked me why i was returning it and note it on the computer ....hopefully RS will fixed their quality control
Old 11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Holy Crap!

Send a message via AIM to ugh
Ghese people this is just like with the ZZ SE. They first came out, they had steering problems. Now, 2 months later, you rarely ever hear of an SE with steering problems. Its just the same with the XMODS. Just give RS a little time (about a month or 2) to fix the gliches. Come on, all new products have gliches. Just have patientence and confidence in RS that they will fix the glitches.
I am very stupid when it comes to anything concerning tiny radio control cars, but at school it is a different story (I know none of you care what my life is like at school). Please do not criticize me for being idiotic and asking stupid questions that I should know. I have no skills when it comes to modding and driving Microsizers and other micro radio control cars. Please help me to raise my self-esteem. I don't handle criticizm well and when I do, I usually go cry into a pillow and scream and break things. In short, be nice to me (it may be hard though through all of my annoyance). Thanks pal!
Old 11-11-2003, 04:47 PM
I really should change my title...

I would have to agree with Ugh's post. I purchased a mini-z and a micro rs4 when they first came out and they both had defects. Some people are having problems with the new second generation mini-z chassis also. The point is that initial production of new products are prone to have more defects. I personally have 2 xmods, a supra and an RSX and they both have ran flawlessly for close to a month.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:50 PM
TinyRC Pro

I have a skyline. I have had no problems so far. But this thread doesn't build a whole lot of confidence that I won't have prblems in the future . I haven't moded the chassis really, I have added the body kit and spent about 10 hrs painting parts on the chassis and body. Do the problems tend to occur when performance mods are added? PEACE
Old 11-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

OK if you look at when I started this post you will notice it was at 3.36am and I had been reading post after post and alot of them end with something like "I may just return it/I'm going to return it".

I kind of get mad when I see people break something and then just dump it back on the store.
It's one thing if it just doesnt work or breaks very easily then it needs to go back, but completely different when it gets abused or tampered with to the point of not working.

Now, while I dont think these are terrible cars I do see some problems with them and I'm sure they will get worked out soon enough.
(if I thought they were junk I would've return mine, but I havn't and won't)