TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-31-2003, 01:32 AM
Poor Student

Send a message via AIM to dustn Send a message via Yahoo to dustn
At the place I work my boss was welding some stuff for a machine and a bit of slag stuck to his metal watch band... Like a 1/4 glob of molten metal... Well he panicked and for some reason licked it off of the watch. He had some nice burns on his wrist and tongue. As for me, I have been building balsa stuff for like 10 years since elementary school, including r/c planes, so i have had my share of cuts. Not to mention the first time I used thin CA glue... Stuck my hands together. My most recent bad cut I got from an exacto, shaving out a flange on the inside of a pvc reduction connecter (makin a compressed air potato gun) and I got careless and the blade slipped and gashed open my left palm. I just rinsed it and showed my mom (hey, it was cool lookin...) and she freaked and said I needed stitches (blah) so I had to go to the emergency room and wait literally 7 hours to get out... And all they did was irrigate it with iodine and something else... The friggin cleaning hurt worse than the cut, and I didnt even need stitches. Had to get a tetnus (sp?) shot too. I cut myself yesterday when the knife slipped workin on my bit clone. Minor flesh wound...
Old 01-31-2003, 02:03 AM
13B REW

i finnaly took off my bandages and replaced it. the wond was deep! i swore my x-acto stoped right at my bone. next time i should be more careful.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:15 AM
shocon2k

I lost my arms working on my bits. I type with my toes. It takes forever to make a post. Anyway, I lost my arms when one of my bits exploded during refueling in the pits. The fireball singed the tip of my beard too.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:24 PM
big gulps, eh?

Send a message via AIM to 2fst4u
flesh wounds

super glue is the savior of cuts. i just clean the cut out quickly, wait till it dries, and through a little super glue on it. works on skin but i wouldn't try it if you cut your finger to the bone. is there any nerve damage? if not, i'm amazed.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to tegboi Send a message via Yahoo to tegboi
when i was workin on my bit tonight, i totally forgot the point of cutting away from you is a good idea. so i wasn't thinking.. cutting towards myself. on the body, then it slipped, then i stabbed the spot between the nail and top of the finger. the area that gets dry and splits. but thank god i wasnt doing it very hard. and the tip wasnt there, it broke off a while ago. so it started to bleed, then i started suckin the blood. so i wouldnt see it n be like.. ewwwww.. so it stopped like, in seconds. heheheh. dint need no bandaid.
www.g2ic.com
Old 02-01-2003, 03:28 PM
BIT PIMP

Re: flesh wounds

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fst4u
super glue is the savior of cuts. i just clean the cut out quickly, wait till it dries, and through a little super glue on it. works on skin but i wouldn't try it if you cut your finger to the bone. is there any nerve damage? if not, i'm amazed.
Super glue is what I always use for a serious cut. Be very careful when doing this. Make sure the cut is cleaned out, then you can take some peroxide and swipe a cotton swab over the cut. When it dries and the cut is closed, you can take another cotton swab with super glue and seal it back up... Works great. This is in no way a medical opinion. This is my own way of staying away from the ER and should be performed at your OWN RISK......

silla
Old 02-01-2003, 03:30 PM

doesnt sound so safe. hahahah. i'd rather get those butterfly bandages. those work miracles.
www.g2ic.com
Old 02-01-2003, 04:44 PM
My Alter Ego Is Retarded

After i cut my self i get the tip of my xacto knife red hot using my stove and fuse the cut back together, then i walk 20 miles uphill in the freezing rain from my living room tho the kitchen to get a beer .....
Old 02-01-2003, 05:13 PM
GaN: Blue

Reminds me of the time I was messing with sharp pointed scissors and I jabbed them through my hand (7 yrs. ago).
The scar marks the geographic center of my hand!

Current Progress: 0%
Old 02-01-2003, 07:37 PM
<(- -)> <- Yoda

wow, great to see the dedication some of you have comming back to the hobby after such serious accidents , especially the one who's arms were torn off...

Oh, and the best way to cut through this kinda thing is to heat the blade over a cooking range. Just save one blade and use it as a fire only blade because it does ruin it for regular cutting.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:22 PM

A year and a half ago I sliced off the tip of my "bird" finger on my left hand, except for a tiny strip of skin.

10 stitches later is was back on again. The actual cut didn't hurt, not even a little, because the Xacto knife blade was brand spanking new. The needle the E-room stuck into the wound HURT LIKE H#LL!!!!!!!!!!!

That middle finger was stuck out in a splint for a couple weeks, and I was the brunt of many jokes at work because of it.

I still don't have any feeling yet in that finger tip.

John
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 PM
My Alter Ego Is Retarded

That would suck!
Old 02-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Procrastinator

this isnt really bloody but i was melting some plastic parts and i wasnt watching it and it dripped on my fingure.

i didnt feel it till a few seconds after it happened and when i tried to get it off it was stuck to my skin and hurting like crazy so i had to cut the plastic and some skin. its ironic that the melted plastic made a blister which made the removal easier. i still have a scar where it happened.this happened about 6-7 years ago when i was in the 4th grade
Old 07-17-2003, 12:16 PM
SkyLiNEz 4-eva!

this thread is way outta date, but it has been a while and there are a lot more people on the site and im sure there are new cases of injuries from knives.

i myself had one about 2 months ago. i was cutting out the window of my mini-Z with a 4 inch long never-before-used swiss army knife blade. for some reason the blade was serrated (it had those wavy lines like a bread knife) and i was holding under the body and i stuck my thumb out to catch the window. apparently, the blade went through the window and cut halfway down the tip of my thumb and i came within 1/64th/inch of cutting my fingernail and bone (the tip of the bone is located 1/60th/inch in front of the nail, so when you peeled back the flap, you could see all the little blood vessels and the very tip of the bone. they tried to numb the nerves in the er but since the tip was halfway deattatched, it didnt numb, so they had to put 6 stitches in and i felt every poke of the needle as it went in my finger. i still have the scar because the cut was in an awkward place.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:24 PM

ouch.. now im gonna have second thoughts everytime i work on something with a xacto..
but urs was a swiss army knife.. not n xacto..
u went off topic!!
hahaha.. it's starting to get painful working on real cars.. geesh.. but now ima be workin on 1/10 scale r/c's.. so xacto blades.. here i come again..
www.g2ic.com