TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-29-2002, 03:35 PM
I love my Shens!

Help with my first mini r/c purchase.

Well, I purchased my first mini r/c clone for myself today (or actually, yesterday now). It was a Charge-N-Go in a dome. The body is yellow colour, and it looks like a Toyota bB. I know the paint job is a little sloppy in places, but then it is a clone. There are some black spots on the body of the vehicle (I think it was black underneath, with the yellow paint sprayed on top).

On the bottom view I see pink colour gears, suspension, and steering alignment tab. At first it seems slower than the Precious brand mini r/c I bought my gf's brother. But when I took the body off, it ran faster. I noticed that it was slower with the body on because the rear wheels were scraping agains the body.

So I swaped car bodies with my gf's brother's Precious, and what's weird is that his rear wheels don't scrape the Toyota bB body at all, and there's quite alot of extra room!

Another weird thing is that on the top of the dome, my Charge-N-Go says 45, another sticker on the side of the dome says 49mHz, and the car itself says 45 Mhz inside. The Precious is a 45mhz as well, so when I tried mine out (Charge-N-Go), I thought for sure it was going to end up controlling both cars, since they were both 45mhz, but it didn't. The Charge-N-Go went, but the Precious one sat there. So I grabbed the Precious controller, and it ended up controlling BOTH cars. Except the Charge-N-Go would do the opposite directions!

One thing that I am disappionted in is that my left steering is a much wider radius the my right steering, which is VERY tight. Too tight, it does donuts. Viewing the car from the bottom, I noticed my front wheels kind of go out in a "V" shape (slightly). Both point outwards like they are going away from each other! They are kind of loose and wobbly, is there any fix for it?

Here's a sad representation of the underside view:
\ \ / / <=====Front Tires

| | | | <=====Rear Tires

I'll post a real pic later to show what I mean.

I also noticed the tires on my Charge-N-Gos are thinner than the Precious brand.

My main problem is that it keeps steering right no matter how much I adjust the lever. Is this the magnet fix, or something else? There is no debris in the axel. HELP!

Oh well, I was expecting it since it was a "cheaper" clone. I do have the four Panthers coming in the mail, and those are supposed to be better, right?

At least I can use this one for spare parts. The body is cool, as the headlight areas are clear! So are the brake light areas and fog light areas! Maybe I can do a light mod to it, so it won't be a total loss! I just wish it could either steer straight or turn evenly!

If I buy a real Bit Char-G or an Lxx, would the steering be better for sure? If so, I'll buy one of those, instead of buying a bunch of clones. I want something that is controllable for a track.

Any help would be much appreciated for this newbie.

Thanks again!
Old 12-29-2002, 05:14 PM
TinyRC Pro

sounds like crap. get a real bit first (i recommend a 2 speeder) and then fool around with clones.
---------------------------
Old 12-29-2002, 05:19 PM
shocon2k

Or a Shen Qi Wei
Old 12-29-2002, 05:32 PM
I are smart....

or a 2 speed bit (booster car) .........

Yeah, i know, it's been said but that is definately a car to have. Are you getting the message???
Old 12-29-2002, 06:50 PM
I love my Shens!

Thanks for the helpful input. Should I go for a real Tomy Bit Char-G, or an Lxx?

Thanks again for your time.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:06 PM
I are smart....

Go for the real thing. You'll be happier. Get the fairlady 350z or the Modelista set. They're both booster cars.