TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 10-27-2003, 04:25 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Just another Xmod picture EDIT link to pictures

Ok RCpics.com stopped the picture linking so below is a link to several of my Xmod chassis pictures.

link to my Xmod chassis pictures

Last edited by slugbugg; 10-28-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:29 PM
TinyRC Pro

Is it just me or does that reflection on the plastic show a pattern that makes the base look like carbon fiber???

You planning a CF chassis or somethin??

That would be awesome!
Old 10-27-2003, 04:32 PM

Hmmm....just another picture...NOT!......no biggie....NOT!. I would say a carbon fiber Xmod chassis is a big deal. Nice work so far.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:37 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

That is no reflection it is a recessed area for the RX in the Xmods and that is a chassis I cut saturday.
This is a chassis cut out of parma's FIBERglass chassis material.I plan on buying some of the colored CARBONfiber material and making a few chassis's, actually kits with a few go fast goodies thrown in but this chassis is still a little heavier than a stock chassis but I will trim it down.My goal is an Xmod that is 5oz or less.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:40 PM

If the price is right, would you be willing to make me one?
Old 10-27-2003, 04:52 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Well the price is somethnig I'm wrestling with and I would be more than willing to make one for anyone.I'd like to make a little money selling these but you need to know that this chassis took about six hours to cut so production will be limited unless I can find a way to speed up the process.I might get it down to 4 hours or so but probally no faster.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:07 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to wasuri Send a message via Yahoo to wasuri
any chance of releasing the plans for a small pretty price? and a list of what to get type of tools and stuff? Im more willing to do a do-it-yourself project so i can have a lil confidence and say "i built it"
Old 10-27-2003, 05:24 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Well no, I dont want to sell the plans.
The plans took me just over week or so to get this far and I really have alot of time in them.
The tools I used are some files to clean the edges up, a utility knife, some drill bits and a couple thousand dollar mini CNC machine(for acurracy).

If you want to make one yourself it would not be that hard the hardest part would be that recessed area unless you use shims or real RC hobby electronics.Making just one, anyone can do that but I want everything I make to be cut axactly the same as the others and the machine does that.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Well I ordered a blue piece and red piece of carbon fiber so I will see how that goes.I may also just whip out an aluminum chassis or two to see if I like that.
The colored carbon fiber is expensive, probally to expensive for most people if I were to use it in a chassis kit.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:14 PM
"Its OK I had subway"

but that looks well worth it i wish i could do that id probably just mess it up
Old 10-27-2003, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slugbugg
The colored carbon fiber is expensive, probally to expensive for most people if I were to use it in a chassis kit.
Just name your price!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:41 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

There are two things I dont like about this chassis right now.
One is the front diff chassis hole needs to be covered and the other is the on/off switch sticks down slightly lower than the chassis bottom.The switch would be an easy fix but the front diff is a little more involved but I have a idea for that.

I have been taking it easy for the last two days but I can see that tuesday will be a day of minor chassis changes.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Well BC,
I'm still working on a price and I dont have the complete package ready to show so I really cant say how much.(what do you think a good price point would be?)
Colored carbon fiber all depends on how many chassis's I can get out of a piece 11"x8"(one sheet cost me $30.00).If I can get three or more then I should be able to sell them at a decent price.

Of course if someone wants one bad enough it can be done I can also cut simple custom things on or through it but that adds time and cost(initials or a graphic of some sort)

Expect to see an X in the upper front plate and the wide sides on the bottom plate will most likely be gone or lightened up some.

I'm thinking I will have to try and get a blue civic and make a blue carbon fiber chassis for it, I think that would look good.I already have the red supra I just need the matching chassis.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:19 PM
TinyRC Pro

ill buy one name the price
Old 10-28-2003, 02:29 PM
MY ENZO!!!!!!

yeah i will probley buy one to iam getting mine in about 2 weeks and this will certainly be one of the first thing i get so name the price, by the way your picture dos not work anymore