TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-07-2003, 02:10 AM
DigiQ Wizzard

Thumbs up Pitwork Skyline reveiw

Well, for those of you who have read my NSX and Trueno reveiw, You will be pleased to hear that the Pitwork ranks right up there with the other two! The paint is awesome! Just to set the record straight, There is only one decal on the car, Its the windsheild banner. All the other designs are painted right on. The detail is excellent! You can read even the tiniest words clearly. It also has the same blinding lights that the NSX has,But the Skyline is much more realistic. Also the controller is painted to match the car, very cool. It has the same setting as the other "R" type cars (technical and racing). I am begining to dislike the "R" controllers because of the reduction in speed when going in reverse. I have traded my other two "R" controllers for regular ones, But I will be keeping this one because of the matching paint. I should be getting the RX-7 any day now, so be ready for a reveiw of it! If you have any Questions about the Pitwork post it here and I will answer ASAP.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:12 PM
TinyRC Pro

the headlights, do they shoot more light on the road like real cars? is that what you're trying to say?
Old 02-07-2003, 01:35 PM
DigiQ Wizzard

djmr2, The lights still dont point forward enough to be useful, But they do point more forward than the ones on the NSX. The shape of the car makes them look more like real headlights than the ones on the NSX.
Old 02-08-2003, 03:15 PM
TinyRC Pro

Hey adam

since u have all 4 Digi-R's, would u mind describing to us how they each handle? i mean more specially the height differences between S.low, med, high.

I wanna know if u can feel any difference between NSX and Skyline.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:55 PM
DigiQ Wizzard

Answers to djmr2

Well, to be honest, I acctually think the Pitwork is a better handling car than the NSX. I have tried running it and then running the NSX on the same codes and settings and the NSX just cant take the turns the way the Pitwork Skyline does. As far as comparing the Pitwork to the Trueno, Its hard to say because you have different steering mechanisms interacting on each car, So basicly they each have good points and bad points which I have detailed in my other posts. OK, The way the height works is simple, Ground clearance is the same, The top of the car is what changes. The NSX is only slightly over HALF as tall as the Trueno, While the Pitwork is very close to the same height as the Trueno. The Trueno is about the same height as the Beetle or the Lancer. So The height isnt a big factor here. I have also noticed that while all the "Rs" Pop major wheelies on take off using the 8138 setting on the Special controller, The Pitwork is actually capable of jumping over my mousepad and mouse cord on my desk! If the car is about an inch and a half away from the mouse pad and you pull the trigger all the way (Special controller only) It will pop a wheelie, hit the edge of the mouse pad with the rear wheels, lift about an inch high and shoot over the mouse pad and mouse cord. It usually lands on its top, BUT it is still alot more than what the NSX or Trueno can do. When I bought the Pitwork it was because I wanted to have all the "R" cars, But after playing with it I am very glad I got it. I hope this answers your questions. I havent received my RX-7 yet. It is set to be delivered on the 11th. I will post a reveiw on it then.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:56 PM
keal

Great! The Pitworks is even more frantic than the NSX-R! I can't wait to check out the paint job and the lights!