TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > Kyosho dNaNo > Kyosho dNaNo Tracks

Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM

RCP Tracks New dNaNo and HPI 1/32 scale track “With Pictures”

I have finished all the prototype parts for our new track. We are working on 3 different track surfaces for users to set up their tracks, which include RCP Tiles, HTUSA Kyosho carpet and a custom racing carpet. (The custom racing carpet is still being tested. We should have results back in a week or two.)

I designed all the parts of the track to go together very quickly. After you have rolled out the carpet, installing the worm rails, curbs and grass will install by simply finding the location you would like to place them and pressing down on to the carpet. The worm rails will bend in any direction to create any track you can imagine.

All new kits will include, but not limited to the parts below.

Carpet or RCP Tiles ~ We will include enough carpet or RCP Tiles to create a typical track 6ft x 12ft. If you already own RCP Track kits, we can include only Blank RCP tiles so you can fill in the middle of your track layout and use you’re existing out- side straights and turn tiles/rails. You can purchase additional tiles or carpet to make much larger layouts if needed.

Worm Rail ~ All kits will include enough RCP worm rail to make a large road course including short and wide turns, pit lanes and straight a ways. The worm rail is ¾” tall and is very durable. It will bend in any angle and will not snap if bent too far. The surface of the rails are very slick and will allow the cars to slide off on angle impacts. The rail material will help protect the plastic bodies as it has excellent flex characteristics that does not mar the plastic bodies. Users can run the worm rail for the outside border or use RCP straight black linking rails that are included with the kit.

Curbs ~ All kits will contain a variety of racing curbs. Included will be curbs for short 180 deg, wide radius 180 deg, large radius outside grass run offs, short radius grass run offs, straight grass run offs and 45 sweeps. The curbs are tapered on the front edge to simulate real race driving as the car will bounce just a little, and an advantage is gained for staying just outside the curb and on the track surface. The curbs at the grass run offs are tapered on both the front and back side, so when a car goes into the grass, it can ride back over the curb and onto the track surface.

Grass ~ All kits will include simulated grass similar to below pictures. I am not sure at this point if the grass will be supplied in bulk for the user to cut to length for each application or if we will pre cut them in specific shapes, laminated to thin solid material for quicker installation. Looking for feedback on this. Once the grass is cut to shape, it will install very quickly with supplied Velcro strips.

Pit Lane Markers ~ Small Velcro strips will be supplied to make pit lane car markers similar to below pictures. You can cut them to length to create any type of pit lane markers you desire.

Worm rail attachment clips ~All kits will include a bag of worm rail couplings and carpet attachment clips. All couplings and attachment clips were omitted in the pictures below until we receive documentation back from the USTPO.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 05-18-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the texture looks great! from the pictures, it resembles the reprogul tracks in europe, only in carpet, not rubber.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM

w00t

This is the track i have been waiting for... Now I just have to figure out what to race on it. When do you expect to start shipping? The original RCP surface is easily best surface I have raced on but the ability to roll up a track is very appealing from a storage point of view. I can't wait for more details, Thank you so much for your cotinued innovation.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
It's very cool. I definitely like the flexibility that the new worm barriers offer, I definitely like the new curbs, but I'd have to try the different surfaces to see which I like best.

I race both Z's and dNaNo's so I'll have to compromise with curb size and which surface I run on. I wanna be able to dial in my cars on my track at home, and then not have to change everything for an hour at the track. I race Z's on RCP tiles, and then of course I'll drive my dNaNo at HTUSAs near me. Decisions, descisions.... Either way, I'll end up with a RCP track.

Couple of questions. Could you take a picture so that we can see the whole 12 x 6 track? Do you have any ideas on the pricing for any of the new tracks yet? Ball park estimates work. I'd really appreciate it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 AM

ballpark estimate on release date and price would really be helpful.

I just got into the market for a track and this is most likely the one I want to buy...it's just a matter of how long I have to wait.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:15 AM

Very nice track, it's pretty much a collection of best of ideas coming together. You mentioned "will install by simply finding the location you would like to place them and pressing down on to the carpet." from the pics I thought the ends of the rails slide into slits on the foam barriers and that's how they form they shape but how do they stick to the carpet when pressed in? Is there like a velcro type material on the bottom of the plastic rails?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
It's very cool. I definitely like the flexibility that the new worm barriers offer, I definitely like the new curbs, but I'd have to try the different surfaces to see which I like best.

I race both Z's and dNaNo's so I'll have to compromise with curb size and which surface I run on. I wanna be able to dial in my cars on my track at home, and then not have to change everything for an hour at the track. I race Z's on RCP tiles, and then of course I'll drive my dNaNo at HTUSAs near me. Decisions, descisions.... Either way, I'll end up with a RCP track.

Couple of questions. Could you take a picture so that we can see the whole 12 x 6 track? Do you have any ideas on the pricing for any of the new tracks yet? Ball park estimates work. I'd really appreciate it.
We are still testing different carpet surfaces and we have one promising texture yet to test. So far, the RCP tiles perform the best with the dNaNo cars. I will let you know the results of some of our other test, as soon as they are complete.

I will take some full track pictures and post them up.

No pricing as of yet, since we haven't confirmed the carpet type we will ultimately offer. With the RCP tiles, I am shooting for a street price of under $200. Most likely it will be the same for the carpet kit.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbnr View Post
ballpark estimate on release date and price would really be helpful.

I just got into the market for a track and this is most likely the one I want to buy...it's just a matter of how long I have to wait.
If anyone is looking to buy a track now, I would suggest purchasing one of our 30cm or 50cm RCP Track products from the Tinyrc shop. It's going to take a little time to get all the parts molded and ready for production. The dNaNo performs quite well on the RCP Tracks and if you run Mini-z cars, the same for them as well. You will be able to use the worm rail and other components on your RCP Track at a later time.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Very nice track, it's pretty much a collection of best of ideas coming together. You mentioned "will install by simply finding the location you would like to place them and pressing down on to the carpet." from the pics I thought the ends of the rails slide into slits on the foam barriers and that's how they form they shape but how do they stick to the carpet when pressed in? Is there like a velcro type material on the bottom of the plastic rails?
The only worm rails that slide into slits in the foam barrier are the ones at the outside bump section and at one of the short grass run off rails. All other rails attach to the carpet with velcro clips. The worm rail will maintain its shape when you bend it in different sweeps and shapes. The velcro keeps it secure to the surface. The less velcro you use to attach the worm rails, the more flex characteristics you get in the overall performance of the rail. You only need to use the velcro worm rail clips at selected locations to keep everything secure. Velcro is NOT installed all the way around the bottom surface of the worm rail. The velcro clips and worm rail couplings were omitted from the pictures.

One note, you can bend the worm rail in any angle or sweep you desire. It will not snap if you bend it too much.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 05-19-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkk View Post
This is the track i have been waiting for... Now I just have to figure out what to race on it. When do you expect to start shipping? The original RCP surface is easily best surface I have raced on but the ability to roll up a track is very appealing from a storage point of view. I can't wait for more details, Thank you so much for your cotinued innovation.
''

Yes, the RCP Track tile surface performs the best so far in our tests. We still have more carpet to test and I will let you know the results of those tests as they are completed.

A roll up carpet track can be convenient in some cases. The only issues with the carpet is that you will need a pretty flat area to lay it down when you are running the dNaNo cars. Every little bump and hump in the surface affects the car, since it is so small and low to the ground. That is why so far the RCP Tiles have performed the best. They are thick enough to absorb any imperfections in the floor and the traction is great for the dNaNo and Mini-z cars.

Depending on the results from the other carpet tests, I may recommend laminating the carpet to some large wood panels similar to the HobbytownUSA tracks. You could store the wood panels in the garage up high or against a wall and then set them up when you are ready to run your dNaNo.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 AM

what about using this surface from the post below. Interesting rubber material with what seems mad grip from the racing videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean rodeo View Post
This is something to look into also, even though your already finished, if that surface does not work out. 62 cents a sq.ft. The 6511 is all black and made from recycled tires.

http://www.regupolamerica.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai-3B...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGZm...eature=related

Enjoy.

I am building a replica of the track in the first video in my garage without a elevation change, just flat
Old 05-21-2009, 05:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
what about using this surface from the post below. Interesting rubber material with what seems mad grip from the racing videos.
Repugol rubber is an interesting surface. I've seen tracks made from it, but never personally run on it. The couple tracks I've seen made from this have been permanent, and I think it would get old running the same layout quick. I also think it would be hard to incorporate this into RCP's existing design. Lastly, I think it would be difficult to use one company's product when making another company's product. I'm not sure, but I'd think it'd be complicated.

This surface always comes up when a discussion is started about which track surface to run. I'm interested to see what RCP has to say about it.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post

This surface always comes up when a discussion is started about which track surface to run. I'm interested to see what RCP has to say about it.
Me too.

The simple way of thinking about it would be to have some sort of a modular rail system designed for this surface, I mean just like the carpet surface . I'm thinking some RCP foam rails with some used D sized batteries in the pin holes to weight the tracks down in and keep in place would be the fast solution but a super narrow and slick material like the worm rail system would be ideal if possible to pull off. On carpet there's the velcro securing system, not sure if that would work for this surface too, until RCP chimes in. Interesting that Kyosho didn't go with this surface.

Last edited by mugler; 05-22-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i don't see why kyosho would even consider a general building construction product mostly used (and only in a few places) for rc in the EU? are there tracks in asian using this?
i doubt they even considered it.
i imagine you could use some tiny rail pins like finish nails, if the rubber is self healing. then it's just like landscaping trim with pegs.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Peg's are a possibility. Another would be tracks like the Kyosho barriers with rubberized bottoms so rubber on rubber would keep the barrier from moving. Yet another system would be a micro version of the CRC's click track and that would work on all surfaces like painted garage floors, super smooth asphalt etc.

With Kyosho I meant I thought they would have scoped for surfaces all over the world & maybe they did and still settled on the carpet. But in the videos the quality of the drive on this surface looks dead on. Closest to the level of 24th scale slot car action I've ever seen the MZs at.