TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 12-12-2004, 01:18 AM
I really should change my title...

Questions ????

I have a few questions that needs to be answered if i am gonna continue my project ss - 40 mph is wat im trying to break.

questions

1) which is lighter carbon fiber chasis, stock chasis, or
aluminum chasis??

2) when i purchase the sway bars do i have to put on the back and the front or only on the back??

3)Can someone tell me what does toe-in and toe-out
mean ???
and which one is better. I need one that is gonna be good for tight turns and that can handle alot of speed for strait-aways.

4)Does anyone know where i could get a carbon fiber chasis for cheaper price than tiny rc??, or this is the cheapest??

5)Is aluminum lighter than the stock parts or is it the opposite??

6)is it true carbon fiber drive shaft makes the car accelerate better??

7)is it true when you upgrade your fets to stacked fets you dont have to use the heatsink anymore??

alright thanks-i might have some more so be ready
Old 12-12-2004, 04:32 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Re: Questions ????

Quote:
Originally posted by flash89
I have a few questions that needs to be answered if i am gonna continue my project ss - 40 mph is wat im trying to break.

questions

1) which is lighter carbon fiber chasis, stock chasis, or
aluminum chasis??

The stock chassis is probably the lightest. The only real advantage to using CF or aluminum would be for strength.

Quote:
3)Can someone tell me what does toe-in and toe-out
mean ???
and which one is better. I need one that is gonna be good for tight turns and that can handle alot of speed for strait-aways.
Toe out is when the wheels point away from the chassis, and toe in is when the wheels point towards the chassis. Imagine yourself standing, and then you turn your feet outward. You've just given yourself toe out. Which one is better is really up to you. I don't know of any parts that give you toe out, so unless you plan to make your own, you're just going to have to experiment with the different bars that you get in the suspension and steering upgrade. Generally, no toe is best for the most speed, while more toe in would be good for cutting corners. Again, it all depends on your driving style, so experiment until you come up with what works best for you.

Quote:
4)Does anyone know where i could get a carbon fiber chasis for cheaper price than tiny rc??, or this is the cheapest??
Someone made a post about a chassis they had for sale that was $10 less than TinyRCs chassis. I don't know if the thread still exists, but try searching for it.

Quote:
5)Is aluminum lighter than the stock parts or is it the opposite??
Most likely it's heavier, but it's much stronger. There is a definite payoff to use aluminum in some parts of the car, such as the knuckles and the ball cups, but other areas are just fine with stock parts. Again, search for the weak areas, and upgrade as you see fit.

Quote:
6)is it true carbon fiber drive shaft makes the car accelerate better??
It did for me, but your situation might be different. Removing rotating mass is a lot more effective than removing mass from anywhere else in the car, so it's likely that it will be true for everyone.

Quote:
7)is it true when you upgrade your fets to stacked fets you dont have to use the heatsink anymore??
The only thing upgrading fets does is allow you to run hotter motors. They may run cooler, but the plastic motor mount is very likely to melt. I'd run the heatsink just for peace of mind.

Quote:
alright thanks-i might have some more so be ready
You're welcome. Send me an email or an IM if you want to ask me something specific.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:16 PM

ok thanks for all the help
Old 12-12-2004, 08:37 PM

If I remove all the stock suspesion parts and replace them with custom aluminum cXp parts will the car weigh heavier
Old 12-12-2004, 11:25 PM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Quote:
Originally posted by flash89
If I remove all the stock suspesion parts and replace them with custom aluminum cXp parts will the car weigh heavier
Yes. It's up to you to decide if the tradeoff is worth it for the strength. I plan to replace the front knuckles, the rear suspension arms, and the ball cups with aluminum parts. These are the most stressed parts in the car, so the tradeoff in weight would be worth it if you start adding more batteries.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:09 PM

ok thanks, you guyz are really helping me and i appreciate it because i want this project to be real neat and nice, fast and look good. dont worry i will, will be posint pics of my project ss, and show simple steps on how to make ur ride much faster.