TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 01-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Hippygeek

jaubery.........Keep changing your setup around until you find one that let's you do that. I changed allot of stuff tonight on my Skyline. I went to the softest springs and changed to the soft slicks. I put in the "stage 2" "8 tooth" motor. The car handled much better. It was tight with it's previous setup and now it's a little loose, but it is easier to get around the track now. I'll find a happy medium hopefully. BTW, my track is making my cars filthy. Lots of black stuff coming off the tiles. I'm thinking that will get better with some wear on it. You seeing that?
Old 01-29-2004, 12:21 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
THIS is my rcp track!
rcp tracks are the single best thing you can buy to improve your racing skills. it will do more for you than any xmod setup etc. think of the purchase as a learning tool as well as a source for hours of enteraintment

i love the offroad tiles and plan on eventually having an offroad course branch in and out of my road course.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

RCP track barrier question

I asked this question in tracks forum, but not getting any response.

RCP track barrier question

What happens when you hit the barrier at a slight angle?
Does it catch and bounce you back into the track?
Or stop you and you have to back up off the barrier.
Or does it just straighten you out like a PVC or hard plastic barrier would do?

Seems like foam with a thin hard plastic cover would absorb the impact and keep you in the race with out stopping you. I will have some young kids racing and wondered about keeping the fun level up, without them being stopped every other turn.

Just curious. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Hippygeek

My RCP track almost stops the cars even when hit at a slight angle. I had to change the front bumper on my RSX because the little fins at the bottom of the one that was on it kept getting stuck under the rail. Even a glance would bring it to a dead stop. My RSX is only 2WD and when it hit the rail and wedged, it would bring 1 of the back tires off the ground, prohibiting even backing off of the rail. The tire that was off the ground now would just spin in either direction, causing me to have to go unstick the car. My other cars do not stick like that but do slow considerably when they touch the rails. Hope that helps.

Last edited by rlc77; 01-29-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I really should change my title...

rlc77, I am happy with my awd car. I need to put an 8 tooth stage 2 in my 2wd car.

My cars also getting black gunk all over them.

I haven't had any problems with my cars getting stuck. Maybe you need to tighten your barriers down more. All my cars slow down when you hit the barriers. The quickest way around the track is to stay off the barriers. Riding the rails gets you no where!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Hippygeek

LOL......of course I don't ride the rails. Was just telling him what happens when I hit them. My rails are tight but the fin on the RSX sits right on the ground and still gets under it. Not a problem now though because I just changed out the bumper. I'm still experimenting but so far my favorite setup is 2WD, 4.5 Steering, yellow front springs, blue rear springs, Stage2 8 tooth. I still haven't found a comfortable setup for AWD (pushes too much) but I will work on that. L8R Dude
Old 01-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by arch2b
THIS is my rcp track!
rcp tracks are the single best thing you can buy to improve your racing skills. it will do more for you than any xmod setup etc. think of the purchase as a learning tool as well as a source for hours of enteraintment

i love the offroad tiles and plan on eventually having an offroad course branch in and out of my road course.
So is the track in that picture bigger than just the Wide-L, or did you just substitute some of the regular tiles for the offroad ones? I'm thinking by the looks of it, that I could fit that setup in my living room.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 PM

rlc77, I was telling the other guy not to ride the rails... My awd car setup is an rsx, 4.5 tierod, stiff springs, treaded softs, and stage 2 8 tooth. Let me know what setup you end up using.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:02 PM

The track in the picture is the wide L and addtional off road tiles. The wide L is approx 13' by 10'. Wide oval 6'6'' by 11'8''.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Hippygeek

OK I will man. I'm going to do allot of testing on Saturday because I have 15 people coming over on Sunday for a Super Bowl party and racing is included in the events. I want to setup all my cars the same for that day. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:28 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
THIS is my rcp track!

Is that just one wide oval track? it loks bigger than the pics I saw on the rs website. just curious because i'm not sure if I can fit the wide L, if I can't I'll have to get the wide oval for now.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:33 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
THIS is my rcp track!

Is that just one wide oval track? it loks bigger than the pics I saw on the rs website. just curious because i'm not sure if I can fit the wide L, if I can't I'll have to get the wide oval for now.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:38 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
that is a wide l with the offroad expansion pack
Old 01-31-2004, 11:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to SimonTr
Hey jaubery, Can i come over and try out your new track??
Old 02-02-2004, 06:37 PM

OMFG i forgot all about my rcp track... its probably packed up in the move tho. that sux. i cant beleive i forgot about it. i never even put the damn thing together cept for this one event thing (like a fundraiser). i gotta get back into the rc scene... damn.

current xmod stats: everything. i got the hook up =P